PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions and a story

ClnlSandersLite
02-15-2005, 12:22 AM
Questions:
1. Bieng american, the english system is the system I always set my speed bar to, due to my familiarity with it. Okay, I know how to switch it, that's ok. Does anyone know of a way to make it default to what I want it? Like editing an INI or something?

2. In you're opinions, which ai level performs most realistically. I can make maybe a 2 to 1 kill ratio against aces, but I HATE how they dodge instantly when you pull the trigger. Also, their all seeing eye. I like how rookies disengage earlier, like they want to live or something, but they fly and shoot like **** and are too easy to shoot down.

Story:
Just a few mins ago, flying my lightning (J), I shot up a 109 g-6 (AI Vet)in a zoom attack. Seeing he was on fire, I pulled up and too the right slightly. About 3 to 5 seconds later I was like 15-20 feet nearly straight above him and his fuel exploded! Ripped my left arialon, elevator, and right rudder off. Not to mention a fuel leak and an oil leak in engine #1. Dove for home (gently), thankfully the fuel tanks sealed, but about halfway #1 quit. Got to base and landed wheels down on the runway (no easy feet), pulled off and shut her down. While In in the game, I saved the plane, IRL, I'm pretty sure it would have been scrapped. Every hole in the plane that the dammage model shows was there. Glad I was in a lightning though, any other plane wouldn't have made it back. Just one of those really neat things I thought might be worth sharing.

ClnlSandersLite
02-15-2005, 12:22 AM
Questions:
1. Bieng american, the english system is the system I always set my speed bar to, due to my familiarity with it. Okay, I know how to switch it, that's ok. Does anyone know of a way to make it default to what I want it? Like editing an INI or something?

2. In you're opinions, which ai level performs most realistically. I can make maybe a 2 to 1 kill ratio against aces, but I HATE how they dodge instantly when you pull the trigger. Also, their all seeing eye. I like how rookies disengage earlier, like they want to live or something, but they fly and shoot like **** and are too easy to shoot down.

Story:
Just a few mins ago, flying my lightning (J), I shot up a 109 g-6 (AI Vet)in a zoom attack. Seeing he was on fire, I pulled up and too the right slightly. About 3 to 5 seconds later I was like 15-20 feet nearly straight above him and his fuel exploded! Ripped my left arialon, elevator, and right rudder off. Not to mention a fuel leak and an oil leak in engine #1. Dove for home (gently), thankfully the fuel tanks sealed, but about halfway #1 quit. Got to base and landed wheels down on the runway (no easy feet), pulled off and shut her down. While In in the game, I saved the plane, IRL, I'm pretty sure it would have been scrapped. Every hole in the plane that the dammage model shows was there. Glad I was in a lightning though, any other plane wouldn't have made it back. Just one of those really neat things I thought might be worth sharing.

Saunders1953
02-15-2005, 10:59 AM
Colonel--we're almodst related! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

The hud log and icons in the config file appear to be simply on/off, but someone else is sure to know for certain.

I think veteran AI are about right, in the sense that they aren't as ubershooters as aces and usually don't pull stupid AI tricks. In FMB/QMB I set up my enemy squadrons custom, mostly veteran, then some avereage, and throw in a couple of rookies and one or two aces. Bombers I almost always set AI to veteran, otherwise they often seem to be too easy to shoot down.

Good story. That's the type of thing I like about this sim. I don't care what the screen tells me about accomplishing a mission--I know if I've done well or not in situations like you've described.

LWulffe_Dumbo
02-16-2005, 10:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ClnlSandersLite:
Questions:
1. Bieng american, the english system is the system I always set my speed bar to, due to my familiarity with it. Okay, I know how to switch it, that's ok. Does anyone know of a way to make it default to what I want it? Like editing an INI or something? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I asked the same question way back when...the answer I got was, no, it can't be done. You have to keep "toggling" it to your preference once you're in the sim.

ClnlSandersLite
02-16-2005, 10:44 PM
Thank you.