PDA

View Full Version : Started patrol in the middle of FG o_O - Looks like a sub base bug...

S VIIC_41
04-11-2005, 11:02 AM
I just started my first patrol in my new port of St. Nazaire for the 7th Flotilla. I saw my orders to patrol BE, and noticed it was a bit west of France, alright cool.

Then I start my mission and I'm the middle of FG which is off west Africa O_O.

For the last few times I've been loading my games it's said "Base changed to Kiel" but worked fine, then when I started the patrol I got a radio message about the base being changed to... Brest.

What's going on? I remember I changed something tiny in a cfg files before 1.2 to fix a bug where a flotilla was set to be in 2 bases on the same day and would cause constant new base messages but

A. That shouldn't have done anything bad
B. That doesn't explain being off of West Africa O_O

What should I do?

ltforce
04-11-2005, 11:10 AM
slap ur nav officer and find who put the sleeping pills in ur coffe which made u sleep until they made it to the coast of africa http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

just messing with u lol, i would say re install the patch....

S VIIC_41
04-11-2005, 04:29 PM
Does anyone have any other ideas of what to do?

I just tried to transfer to another flotilla (turns out I'm actually in the first now...) and it says

"The base was changed to: "

Just a blank space... I go ok and I get

"The base was changed to: (null)"

Click ok...

"The base was changed to: "

and the cycle repeats itself... I had to alt+tab ctrl+alt+delete.

Anyone got any ideas before I re-install or patch it again?

BTW, do I just have to re-run the patch exe?

Vipez-
04-11-2005, 05:40 PM
its a bug allright.. happened to me several times.. only way to get over is, load one previos save, and then change the base ..(like it says SAVE, after mission, then save BEFORE new mission, load the after mission.. and it should work )