PDA

View Full Version : 4.09 patch coming

dutchErik
09-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Hello guys,

On the M4T forums it is humming of rumours that the final 4.09 patch is almost ready. They say that thay have to solve some problems before it is complete.

On simHQ is an interview with the makers of IL-2
and they gave a some examples of the things you get with the patch.

Some examples:
The nightfighter version of the BF 110 !with radar! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Some Italian (and slovakian?) planes.
The final versions of the slovakia and other maps.
You get some new objects and,
Triggers for the FMB. (example you want arty to fire when a recon plane flys above the target and stop fireing when the target is destroyed or the recon plane is destroyed)

Does anyone know exactly when this patsh is released?

If you know something, let it know!

dutchErik
09-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Hello guys,

On the M4T forums it is humming of rumours that the final 4.09 patch is almost ready. They say that thay have to solve some problems before it is complete.

Some examples:
The nightfighter version of the BF 110 !with radar! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Triggers for the FMB. (example you want arty to fire when a recon plane flys above the target and stop fireing when the target is destroyed or the recon plane is destroyed)

If you know something, let it know!

AndyJWest
09-11-2009, 01:19 PM
"...humming of rumours": nothing new there. I don't think the radar Bf 110 will come until a later patch, but otherwise, this sounds like what we've already heard.

I see no reason why anybody who knows when it will come out would want to disclose this in advance: if they do, it is likely to lead to websites crashing as everyone tries to download all at once.

The patch is expected 'soon', but don't expect it until you see it.

GoToAway
09-11-2009, 02:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dutchErik:
Hello guys,

Some examples:

If you know something, let it know! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The SimHQ interview actually says that a number of those things will not be in 4.09.

There will be no triggers, radar, or nightfighters, for example.

Waldo.Pepper
09-11-2009, 02:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The SimHQ interview actually says that a number of those things will not be in 4.09.

There will be no triggers, radar, or nightfighters, for example. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

+1

With such reporting skills dutchErik should apply to Fox to be a correspondent me thinks.

As for the 4.09 patch coming, so is Christmas.

JG52Uther
09-11-2009, 03:00 PM
Check back next week.
No,really http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Urufu_Shinjiro
09-11-2009, 04:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GoToAway:
The SimHQ interview actually says that a number of those things will not be in 4.09.

There will be no triggers, radar, or nightfighters, for example. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correct, they ARE coming, just not in 4.09. Triggers, radar, dual throttle etc will come later.

DKoor
09-11-2009, 04:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JG52Uther:
Check back next week.
No,really http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Now... 10 days from now and the "patch release imminent" news is 2 months old.

Phil_C
09-11-2009, 05:01 PM
I saw the videos for the new radar system on a website last night.. looks pretty cool.

Im not sure what reasoning was used in adding the User planes in this one... i would have liked to see an "official" b29, TBM, typhoon, Lanc... etc etc etc...

but the new maps will definately be fun

Oh and the triggers will be awesome - adding a new level of detail to the sim.

Choctaw111
09-11-2009, 05:07 PM
The rumor mill has been churning for a very long time.
I don't really pay it much attention these days.
We get it when we get it...and when we get it we will be very happy.

MicroWave76
09-11-2009, 05:10 PM
It's nice to see that a patch for such an old game can generate this kind of interest.

steiner562
09-11-2009, 05:16 PM
The guys doing the patch seem to hang out over at the 1C forums,nice to see they are posting.

DKoor
09-11-2009, 05:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by steiner562:
The guys doing the patch seem to hang out over at the 1C forums,nice to see they are posting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

money_money
09-11-2009, 08:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JG52Uther:
Check back next week.
No,really http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not next week, but the week after

wheelsup_cavu
09-11-2009, 11:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Choctaw111:
We get it when we get it...and when we get it we will be very happy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Very happy indeed. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Wheels

GoToAway
09-12-2009, 12:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Urufu_Shinjiro:
Correct, they ARE coming, just not in 4.09. Triggers, radar, dual throttle etc will come later. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeah. I can't wait for them, but they're more 4.10 or 4.11 features--and who knows when that will be.

4.09 will be amazing, though. It will add a lot that I have literally been waiting years for.

DuxCorvan
09-12-2009, 01:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phil_C:
Im not sure what reasoning was used in adding the User planes in this one... i would have liked to see an "official" b29, TBM, typhoon, Lanc... etc etc etc... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you don't know much about the mechanics of implementing the planes already in the game these last years. If by "user planes" you mean planes made by 3rd party approved modelers, then incorporated into the game with the approval or even by order of Maddox Games, then more than half of the stuff in Il-2 is already that. The planes in 4.09 are made by some of the same guys whose stuff you're already playing with, and are as "official" as all the others. They were in fact made ages ago, but didn't made into the game in time for some reason or other.

There was even a B-29 made, but it wasn't completely right according to the guidelines, and Maddox Games rejected it because fixing and implementing it was too much work. Lancaster won't be of much use until they successfully implement the night action features. As for the other bombers you mention, there have always been several problems:

-The "NG issue" (ask privately and with discretion some old guy around if you don't know what it is)
-Modeling and programming all the seats (gunners, bombers, etc.) requires too much work and lots of information that is not always readily available.
-Realistic use of strategic bombers and interception aren't easy in a game with small maps, rare high altitude encounters and mostly tactical targets. Il-2 was initially designed around the title plane as a low altitude, tactical bombing and ground support sim.

WTE_Galway
09-12-2009, 02:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dutchErik:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Czechoslovakian

A flyable Avia B534 biplane with Hispano-Suiza V12 engine ... which will be the only official flyable inline biplane in the sim.

.... and to answer the query about the difference between these planes and mods ... the FMs for official planes are done by the maddox team.

Phil_C
09-12-2009, 08:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DuxCorvan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phil_C:
Im not sure what reasoning was used in adding the User planes in this one... i would have liked to see an "official" b29, TBM, typhoon, Lanc... etc etc etc... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you don't know much about the mechanics of implementing the planes already in the game these last years. If by "user planes" you mean planes made by 3rd party approved modelers, then incorporated into the game with the approval or even by order of Maddox Games, then more than half of the stuff in Il-2 is already that. The planes in 4.09 are made by some of the same guys whose stuff you're already playing with, and are as "official" as all the others. They were in fact made ages ago, but didn't made into the game in time for some reason or other.

There was even a B-29 made, but it wasn't completely right according to the guidelines, and Maddox Games rejected it because fixing and implementing it was too much work. Lancaster won't be of much use until they successfully implement the night action features. As for the other bombers you mention, there have always been several problems:

-The "NG issue" (ask privately and with discretion some old guy around if you don't know what it is)
-Modeling and programming all the seats (gunners, bombers, etc.) requires too much work and lots of information that is not always readily available.
-Realistic use of strategic bombers and interception aren't easy in a game with small maps, rare high altitude encounters and mostly tactical targets. Il-2 was initially designed around the title plane as a low altitude, tactical bombing and ground support sim. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What i meant is that since the series has started, people have wanted at least the TBM and Typhoon... lets skip the 29 for now. the TBM (and TBF) are in the program already... what would it have taken over the last 2 or 3 years to bring it up to standards? the visual model (external) is jsut as good, if not better, as some of what we have already...

A new model (typhoon) would take a lot more time - that i understand, and hopefully, without going down the modded road, we can get one.

The Lanc, well yes nighttime is where it saw most if not all its action but we already have night fighting... it may not be the best/most perfect but what we do have is still challenging and still enjoyable. but again a new model, especially with lots of gunner positions, would take a lot more time.

The b29, well i know this isnt a high altitude sim, but the screens of what the cockpit looked like (they are posted somplace) had so much potential.. and its been years since we saw them.. again, not sure why they couldnt have brought it up to specs in the last few years, since work had already been done.

Yes i understand about the whole seat thing, and modeling so many different crew positions would be a lot of work, and tac, high alt. bombing isnt really useful in a small map world - but maybe it could/would have lead to a larger PTO map in which we could fly from a remote island to Japan and back..

either way, im happy with what we are getting, and im happy with what we had. i was just hoping that.

the best part about all of this- the continued support of the product long, long after its release.

amd from the looks of the new stuff still being worked on, theres a lot more life in the 'ole girl left.

Im going flying http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

csThor
09-12-2009, 09:32 AM
Phil - It always comes down to this: What you may find unquestionably important another player (with other interests) finds uninteresting in the extreme.

Introducing aircraft as flyable types which haven't been in Il-2 at all so far or which have been AI only is a difficult task if the environment isn't there. Strategic bombers need new target categories (= the game needs to learn to recognize houses and similar structures as targets) and it needs bigger maps (airstart doesn't count). Night-bombing is even more difficult because the complete environment would have to be adapted or even created from scratch (AI FoV, depiction of the night, radar, navigational issues, etc). It's a very demanding and ambitious project to create even one of the big bombers you quoted, but doing it right (and this is the key issue here) is even more difficult because it goes far beyond the "mere" 3D modelling and FM programming.

general_kalle
09-12-2009, 09:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Urufu_Shinjiro:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GoToAway:
The SimHQ interview actually says that a number of those things will not be in 4.09.

Correct, they ARE coming, just not in 4.09. Triggers, radar, dual throttle etc will come later. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well if not then whats the point of advertising the realse of that if its not for 4.09 as promised. theres even youtube videos demonstrating the triggers...

Phil_C
09-12-2009, 10:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by csThor:
Phil - It always comes down to this: What you may find unquestionably important another player (with other interests) finds uninteresting in the extreme.

Introducing aircraft as flyable types which haven't been in Il-2 at all so far or which have been AI only is a difficult task if the environment isn't there. Strategic bombers need new target categories (= the game needs to learn to recognize houses and similar structures as targets) and it needs bigger maps (airstart doesn't count). Night-bombing is even more difficult because the complete environment would have to be adapted or even created from scratch (AI FoV, depiction of the night, radar, navigational issues, etc). It's a very demanding and ambitious project to create even one of the big bombers you quoted, but doing it right (and this is the key issue here) is even more difficult because it goes far beyond the "mere" 3D modelling and FM programming. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, and i never said that the ones listed are what id like... just an example.

crucislancer
09-12-2009, 10:02 AM
The latest word is that the 4.09m patch has been recompiled and if there are no further issues it should be released shortly. There is a post over at M4T about it.

While I've hardly played over the past month or so, I'm looking forward to this.

The point of mentioning some of the work in progress that isn't going to be in the 4.09 patch is to keep us interested in the game for the future. I like the ideas that they are implementing, and while I'd love to have them now, I prefer that they work carefully on them so there are no mistakes. For me, there is so much that is in 4.08m alone that keeps me interested in the game, 4.09m and beyond is icing on the cake.

csThor
09-12-2009, 10:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by general_kalle:
well if not then whats the point of advertising the realse of that if its not for 4.09 as promised. theres even youtube videos demonstrating the triggers... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just took a look at the SimHQ interview and the trigger stuff was clearly marked as WIP and post-4.09 content.

Phil_C
09-12-2009, 10:41 AM
we know theres a definate 4.09, but how many more after that do you think will come?

with all the content thats being hinted at do we see the patches going to the .5's? higher?

FatCat_99
09-12-2009, 10:58 AM
we know theres a definate 4.09, but how many more after that do you think will come?

with all the content thats being hinted at do we see the patches going to the .5's? higher? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I would say that 5.0 and 5.1 are sure thing and for more we will see, maybe nobody will care anyway when SOW might be out than.

As far as announcing things for further patches reason was simply to show Il2 community that 4.09 is not the end. In a way this is "damned if you do and damned if you don't" situation. Oleg is flamed because he don't give enough updates and we are flamed because we do.

What can I say, can't please everyone I guess.

FC

horseback
09-12-2009, 01:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">As far as announcing things for further patches reason was simply to show Il2 community that 4.09 is not the end. In a way this is "damned if you do and damned if you don't" situation. Oleg is flamed because he don't give enough updates and we are flamed because we do.

What can I say, can't please everyone I guess.

FC </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Of course you can't please everyone. The moment you say anything, people will get a picture in their heads of what they think/hope that you mean, because that's the way they'd do it. Whether it has any discernable relation to what you actually said will be irrelevent to them.

It's a good thing people like me are so reasonable... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

cheers

horseback

PanzerAce
09-12-2009, 03:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DuxCorvan:

-The "NG issue" (ask privately and with discretion some old guy around if you don't know what it is) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wait, are we not aloud to talk about what happened with that? (I was here in another guise back then). I was under the impression that as little as was made public could still be talked about....

oilleak
09-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Waldo,Waldo I joined this click to get away from the Cr^P Let's keep the Fox cuts too our selfs. If you want to fire heat rounds at others follow me to an alternet site and I will, like Fox drowned you with facts. Please lets just fly.

Bearcat99
09-12-2009, 07:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Waldo.Pepper:
+1
With such reporting skills dutchErik should apply to Fox to be a correspondent me thinks.
As for the 4.09 patch coming, so is Christmas. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

M_Gunz
09-12-2009, 08:40 PM
There's this thing about patches. You get on the hook and you wriggle for as long as it takes or you be patient and don't.
Patch Fever has been epidemic here more than a few times with lots of wriggly members making wriggly posts and cranking the
impatience way, wayyyyy up!

On another note, I learned canoing in Grummans back in 1970 and there was no Northrop on the nameplates. Did they merge
later or is that from some kind of separation of divisions or were those canoes really old? Boy they took a lot of abuse!

Phil_C
09-12-2009, 09:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
On another note, I learned canoing in Grummans back in 1970 and there was no Northrop on the nameplates. Did they merge
later or is that from some kind of separation of divisions or were those canoes really old? Boy they took a lot of abuse! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Grumman was stand alone until sometime in the 90s when it was bought out by Northrup. They severly scaled back their operations, concentrating on the Va and West coast plants. They now not only build aircraft, and the likebut also are a part of the shipbuilding heritige of newport news.

Grumman was a major, if not the major employer here on LI where i live and many many friends' parents worked at the Calverton and Farmingdale plants on various projects ranging from the Navy 'cat' fighters (cougar, tiger, tomcat) the intruder, and LEM.

Tully__
09-13-2009, 01:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PanzerAce:

-The "NG issue" (ask privately and with discretion some old guy around if you don't know what it is) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wait, are we not aloud to talk about what happened with that? (I was here in another guise back then). I was under the impression that as little as was made public could still be talked about.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We don't talk about it.

Flight_boy1990
09-13-2009, 10:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Waldo.Pepper:

...So is the end of the Earth,but should we start panic since now?

Anyhow...Christmas is comming,but long after the patch.

GoToAway
09-13-2009, 10:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Flight_boy1990:
Anyhow...Christmas is comming,but long after the patch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Awesome. Can't wait.

slipBall
09-13-2009, 10:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Flight_boy1990:

...So is the end of the Earth,but should we start panic since now?

Anyhow...Christmas is comming,but long after the patch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good one http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

VMF-214_HaVoK
09-13-2009, 05:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">maybe nobody will care anyway when SOW might be out than. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think a large majority of the community will still care about IL2 well after SoW hits the shelves.

S!

Phillip58
09-17-2009, 06:00 AM
First of all, many thanks to the team who is working on this patch (and the future ones too).

The only thing that really bothers me about the whole patching issue with the series is this;

We get the info that it is coming "soon", great pics, great vids, and then we wait, and wait.......................and wait.....................and wait, before it is released.

Please with the 4.10 patch, show us on maybe Monday the info and really surprise us by releasing it on Tuesday! That would be a first!!

Just my 2 cents. Again, thank you for your work and time! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Peace

Phillip58

PanzerAce
09-17-2009, 06:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tully__:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PanzerAce:

Wait, are we not aloud to talk about what happened with that? (I was here in another guise back then). I was under the impression that as little as was made public could still be talked about.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We don't talk about it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the headsup. That was right around when life caused me to stop flying for awhile, so I missed that info.

Urufu_Shinjiro
09-17-2009, 09:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by general_kalle:

Correct, they ARE coming, just not in 4.09. Triggers, radar, dual throttle etc will come later. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well if not then whats the point of advertising the realse of that if its not for 4.09 as promised. theres even youtube videos demonstrating the triggers... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those were never promised for 4.09, in all the 4.09 announcements it was clearly stated these things were WIP and would not be in the 4.09 patch. You know what happens when you assume, lol.

Viper2005_
09-17-2009, 10:08 AM

Anyhow...Christmas is comming,but <span class="ev_code_red">long</span> after the patch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Three weeks? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Bearcat99
09-17-2009, 11:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">well if not then whats the point of advertising the realse of that if its not for 4.09 as promised. theres even youtube videos demonstrating the triggers...
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bear in mind that that article was also the "official" announcement of Team Daidalos, which is basically a trusted team of modders sanctioned by Oleg to do further work on the sim with his blessings thereby rendering their work from here on as parts of patches instead of mods.

Flight_boy1990
09-17-2009, 01:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">well if not then whats the point of advertising the realse of that if its not for 4.09 as promised. theres even youtube videos demonstrating the triggers...
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apart from what Bearcat said:

Noone was "advertising" anything.We're not going to sell it,so we don't need to "advertise".
The videos of the things that won't be included in 5.0,were also shown to entertain the official IL-2 fans,and show that the official developing of IL-2 is still on going,and that many nice additions will soon find their way into the simulation.

PanzerAce
09-17-2009, 01:20 PM
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apart from what Bearcat said:

Noone was "advertising" anything.We're not going to sell it,so we don't need to "advertise".
The videos of the things that won't be included in 5.0,were also shown to entertain the official IL-2 fans,and show that the official developing of IL-2 is still on going,and that many nice additions will soon find their way into the simulation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Am.....am I seeing that right? 5.0? *smacks self*.....it's still there..... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Flight_boy1990
09-17-2009, 01:42 PM
Well 4.10 or 5.0,still the dicision of which number the next patch should have,is still to be taken.
(I mean after 4.09)

Urufu_Shinjiro
09-17-2009, 03:04 PM
I vote 4.1.0, just to make it easier at a glance to differentiate from the other 4.xx patches. That way when a MAJOR patch comes out that's worth a whole version number change you can use the 5.0. Not that my vote counts, lol.

JG52Uther
09-18-2009, 11:55 AM
Prepare to get excited next week!
409 is VERY close to release.

Phillip58
09-18-2009, 07:27 PM
409 is VERY close to release. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

THAT I will believe when it comes out! Remember, Oleg has it now, it could be forever before he releases it. Let him have another temper tantrum and we will wait along time!!

Peace

Phillip58

VMF-214_HaVoK
09-18-2009, 08:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phillip58:

THAT I will believe when it comes out! Remember, Oleg has it now, it could be forever before he releases it. Let him have another temper tantrum and we will wait along time!!

Peace

Phillip58 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have no clue. That comment is just ignorant. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Phillip58
09-19-2009, 03:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VMF-214_HaVoK:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phillip58:

Peace

You have no clue. That comment is just ignorant. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, sir, I did not know we knew each other!! How can you say that is ignorant?

I will be surprised IF it appears next week (happily be sure! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif).

If you read the past few years of posts, then you know what I mean http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif!

Peace

Phillip58

FlatSpinMan
09-19-2009, 06:58 AM
I vote for IL2 Sturmovik .50(cal). It'll at least provoke some discussion then.

Now, patch makers, go do the voodoo that you do, so well!

ElAurens
09-19-2009, 08:53 AM
The .50 BMG is fine, it's the ammo loadout that's wrong.

The P51 has been porked from the beginning. Arguing otherwise just shows your national bias.

4.09 will rock. Anytime a new biplane is brought into the game is time for a celebration.

Lock as necessary...

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

crucislancer
09-19-2009, 09:04 AM
I see very little point in negative posts regarding whether this patch is coming out anytime soon or not. Ever since the news broke that this thing was nearly done I've seen quite a few updates from the team working on this. This is a far cry from a couple of years ago when the beta was released and we all thought that was that.

DKoor
09-19-2009, 09:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crucislancer:
I see very little point in negative posts regarding whether this patch is coming out anytime soon or not. Ever since the news broke that this thing was nearly done I've seen quite a few updates from the team working on this. This is a far cry from a couple of years ago when the beta was released and we all thought that was that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I agree... however I can see how this easily can become bitter teaser for many hot blooded fans of this game... they were teased by sow for so long, now they are additionally teased by this patch.

It slowly but surely becomes unbearable http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif.

Wildnoob
09-19-2009, 09:55 AM
hello!

I check the Daidalus tread at 1C forums about future patchs add on features but didn't manage to find anything about this.

probably gonna be a very stupid question and anyway I'm very cetic about this possibility, but not in 4.09, but PERHAPS in future patchs if is pretended to add more new flyable aicraft, is there any possibility published by Oleg or his team of add Japanese and American torpedo bombers for IL2?

crucislancer
09-19-2009, 10:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wildnoob:
hello!

I check the Daidalus forum but didn't manage to find anything about this.

probably gonna be a very stupid question and anyway I'm very cetic about this possibility, but not in 4.09, but PERHAPS in future patchs if is pretended to add more new flyable aicraft, is there any possibility published by Oleg or his team of add Japanese and American torpedo bombers for IL2? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here's the link to the interview with Oleg on the SimHQ website:

http://www.simhq.com/_air13/air_420a.html

VMF-214_HaVoK
09-19-2009, 11:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VMF-214_HaVoK:

Peace

You have no clue. That comment is just ignorant. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, sir, I did not know we knew each other!! How can you say that is ignorant?

I will be surprised IF it appears next week (happily be sure! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif).

If you read the past few years of posts, then you know what I mean http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif!

Peace

Wow, I did not know you knew Oleg. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif Post some links to these so called tantrums. I have been here since 2001 and recall nothing of the sort. I have exchanged emails with Oleg and flown with him several times. I have witnessed nothing that you think you know.

FYI I did not say you was ignorant I said your comment was. I dont need to know you to come to that conclusion. It is an obvious fact.

Phillip58
09-19-2009, 03:09 PM
Ho-hum, Mr. Havok, yankees like you bore me. I really don't care if you know Oleg, his dog, or even his goldfish. Just remember the fiasco with the US aircraft. Need I say more?

Now, were is that ignore button?

Phillip58

Tully__
09-19-2009, 04:36 PM
Ho-hum, Mr. Havok, yankees like you bore me. I really don't care if you know Oleg, his dog, or even his goldfish. Just remember the fiasco with the US aircraft. Need I say more?

Now, were is that ignore button?

Havok's comment, though harsh, was accurate. I have not at any time seen a patch delayed due to a "tantrum". Tone down your comments both of you or take it off these forums. If you keep up this argument here I'll be taking further action.

Edit: You were warned. 3 days off each.

Stary_Wuj
09-24-2009, 01:48 AM
Hello!

I have one question, technical, I have POLISH version of
IL-2 1946, can I install this patch on this version, will it work?

This is very important for me, please, mayby somebody know.

With Best Regards

Stary Wuj

csThor
09-24-2009, 01:59 AM
I'll post your question in DT forum. I'll get back to you.

EDIT: I asked. Apparently there is no dedicated polish version, "just" the international version with polish translations. There should be no problems.

Stary_Wuj
09-24-2009, 03:55 AM
Great news!!!

Thank You very much csThor!

With Best Regards

Stary Wuj

ElAurens
09-24-2009, 07:51 PM
Well gunz, I guess he isn't called "bigchump" for nothing.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

na85
09-24-2009, 10:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bigchump:

Team Daidalos is a mouthfull for Americans.
How about "Team Daddy-o"?
Or "Team Who's Your Daddy"? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can approximate it by saying "dead-ah-luss"

Bearcat99
09-26-2009, 07:11 AM
I vote 4.1.0, just to make it easier at a glance to differentiate from the other 4.xx patches. That way when a MAJOR patch comes out that's worth a whole version number change you can use the 5.0. Not that my vote counts, lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah that's my take too... we all know tat up to 2.xx was basically PF... 3.xx was basically the FB+PF+AEP.. and 4.xx is from Pe-2 (remember that one.. it kinda gets lost because iot was included in 46..) to the present.

megalopsuche
09-26-2009, 07:46 AM
So it's not out yet? I pay less and less attention to the boards as the hype grows. Wake me when we get there. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sleepzzz.gif

Phillip58
09-28-2009, 01:09 PM
Is it here yet? Is it here yet?

Is it here yet? Is it here yet?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Phillip58