PDA

View Full Version : BOB - Hurricane season & Taking off ...please help

funkster71
05-21-2006, 11:16 AM
HI all,

Been playing IL2 for about a month and loving it. However I have just added in the BOB hurricane season campaign and I'm finding it impossible to take off - Basically the 1st mission the spit just seems to bouce really really hard until it either nose tips or wing tips to destruction ! I have no problems taking off in any other official mission etc ...it just seems the add on is different? ? ? I have also played it with auto pilot and it doesn't seem to do anything differnet than i am doing but doesnt get the crazy bouncing !!

Any help would be much appreciated as I really want to give jerry what for ;O)

funkster71
05-21-2006, 11:16 AM
HI all,

Been playing IL2 for about a month and loving it. However I have just added in the BOB hurricane season campaign and I'm finding it impossible to take off - Basically the 1st mission the spit just seems to bouce really really hard until it either nose tips or wing tips to destruction ! I have no problems taking off in any other official mission etc ...it just seems the add on is different? ? ? I have also played it with auto pilot and it doesn't seem to do anything differnet than i am doing but doesnt get the crazy bouncing !!

Any help would be much appreciated as I really want to give jerry what for ;O)

FoolTrottel
05-21-2006, 02:33 PM
Hi, Welcome here!

Sounds familiar, as in, have heard ppl reporting this. Something to do with a specific runway... and the Hurri...

What version are you using? (meaning Patch level, as it's been a while since I've heard about this, and it may have been fixed in a patch...)

For now, use autopilot to hop over the bump, and then switch it off.

Have Fun!

funkster71
05-21-2006, 03:28 PM
Cheers m8. It's gotta be a fault theres no way on earth that any one could hold that thing still on that runway ! !

Im using the merged 4.0m ....which i think is fully patched, Isn't it? Like you say I can auto pilot over it but needed to check cause I don;t just wanna bottle out when the going gets tuff.... but if its a bug then fair enuff.

:O) thxs

sokil
05-21-2006, 04:13 PM
I do not think that it is a bug, if I am correct, I think that in that mission you take off in a field rather than from a runway that's why it is so bumpy, it is possible though, you have to be very careful and gentle, I've done it.

FlatSpinMan
05-21-2006, 07:26 PM
It isn't a fault, it is just really bumpy.I think I needed acouple of attempts to get airborne. Throttle up gradually and lift off asap. If you can't get off, just let AI take-off and then fly the rest of the mission. It's a good campaign so is well worth doing.

FlatSpinMan
05-21-2006, 07:27 PM
Just noticed your version. Latest version was 4.04m (before paid add-on PE-2 which makes it 4.05m). The grass was extra springy a few patches ago so it may have been impossible to get going.

funkster71
05-22-2006, 07:05 AM
THanks Guys...Sokil is right that the runway is actually just a field but still its like taking off on a trampoline! haha and I am kinda use it after playing BOB2.

I wasn't aware that a later patch was availble -4.05 you say? I'll have to look into that and the Springy fields...it does seem outrageously bumpy ! !