PDA

View Full Version : Myst Worlds Info Misleading

LordTulla
08-10-2005, 07:45 AM
One News items on Myst World is misleading as it claims a US Collector's Edition has been announced, "Monday 08.08.05 - Community News
Myst V: US Collector's Edition...". Reading onward and following the link provided leads the reader to the US LIMITED Edition order page.

Since I could not find a link to report the error on Myst Worlds I created this topic in the hope one of the Mods would forward this note to the proper persona nad have the Myst Worlds news item corrected... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

LordTulla
08-10-2005, 07:45 AM
One News items on Myst World is misleading as it claims a US Collector's Edition has been announced, "Monday 08.08.05 - Community News
Myst V: US Collector's Edition...". Reading onward and following the link provided leads the reader to the US LIMITED Edition order page.

Since I could not find a link to report the error on Myst Worlds I created this topic in the hope one of the Mods would forward this note to the proper persona nad have the Myst Worlds news item corrected... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Tweek
08-10-2005, 08:10 AM
I shall see that gets sorted for you thanks for pointing it out Tulla.

Tweek

LordTulla
08-10-2005, 08:23 AM
You're welcome. I know when I read that notice, I "hyper" linked to order a US CE. Alas, only to find the limited edition... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

BTW when you forward this issue, perhaps you could suggest they also add a MYST Worlds link that would allow for direct Website Feedback to report this type of issue... Just a thought. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Reverend Vader
08-11-2005, 09:27 AM
Perhaps their use of the words "Limited Edition" threw you...

But, in essence, it's the US collector's edition. Different box than the UK "Collector's Edition," but it still has many nice extras.

€ Fancy box. (Yahoo? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif )
€ MAC/WIN hybrid DVD-ROM (as opposed to the regular edition's CD-ROM PC-only specs)
€ A 22-minute video, made by GameTap, offers a retrospective look at the making of the entire franchise.
€ The original game soundtrack transports fans to the ambient worlds of Myst whenever and wherever they like. (UK get's their soundtrack on a DVD with the Making-of video, I think.)
€ A collector's art piece provides a frameable keepsake from the worlds of Myst. (UK doesn't get this in their version.)
€ The official strategy guide helps new and old explorers progress through this final adventure.
(UK doesn't get this with their version.)

I'll pay the extra ten bucks for all that. (Especially with the free two-day shipping thrown it.)

Now, I will admit that the UK CE looks a tad bit cooler.

But the specs are pretty close to the US LE.

€ WIN/MAC hybrid DVD-ROM

€ Exclusive bonus DVD with 25 minutes Making-of, game soundtrack, game trailers
(The US gets that in a slightly different form.)

€ Exclusive collector booklet (152 pages) including:
- Intro from Rand Miller
- Exclusive world-premiering preview of the new Myst book (€œThe Book of Marrim€, written by Rand Miller).
- D€ni language grammar & dictionary
- Previous Myst games overview
- Artwork gallery
(This we DON'T get and... well... I want one!)

€ This collector edition is packaged in a luxurious way with a book-like design and leather feel & touch that will offer fans a definitive must-have premium to conclude in a brilliant way the greatest adventure game saga of all time!

(Fancy box versus leather-like book/box. I want this too!)

Hmm. Definitely a toss-up, I suppose. Well...

Maybe we should get both...

LordTulla
08-11-2005, 10:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Reverend Vader:
Perhaps their use of the words "Limited Edition" threw you... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> No, if MYST Worlds had used those words I would not have been confused. Instead, the MYST Worlds website states, "The special Collector's Edition of Myst V: End of Ages has just been announced for the US!" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Tocirpa
08-11-2005, 06:20 PM
Or...
Maybe the Ubisoft store is just late on releasing the US Colector's Edition. And it will be the same thing as the UK version. Atleast, that is what I hope, but it doesn't sound promising since the description that MYSTworlds has about the US CE is word-for-word that of the ubisoft store's US Limited Edition. Oh well, I can still hope. I'd just really like to read a bit of the book of Marrim before it comes out.

salgene
08-11-2005, 09:45 PM
I know this might not be the right place, but acouple weeks or so ago I preordered the Myst V LE and was under the impression that I wouldnt be charged till it was availible and I was. Is that right or ?

Alahmnat
08-12-2005, 12:01 AM
The European CE will not be sold in US stores, but it can be purchased from the European UbiSoft online store even if you live in the US (and they guarantee shipping on the day of release or your money back). Also, the preview of BoM is the four-page prologue... the rest of the booklet is as follows, according to RAWA (info to be duplicated to the FAQ thread after I get caught up on threads here):

To break that booklet down
- the intro is 2 pages
- the BoM preview is 4 pages
- the D'ni language guide is about 20 pages
- the game overview is about 30 pages
- the gallery is about 35 pages

the booklet also has
- the game manual, about 20 pages
- blank journal pages, about 35 pages

The American LE (aka the "US Collectors Edition") is the "black box" version in Ubi's US online store, and will not be sold outside of the US. I can't speak for the US store (since I didn't pre-order there), but the UK store bills you for the pre-order once the order is placed, not once it ships, so make sure you've got the funds now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

Ubi seems to think using CE and LE interchangeably is okay, because even in the store they have a bit of a consistency problem... though I would happen to disagree. Ah well, we'll still see what we can do.

dawnadunn
08-12-2005, 04:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> The American LE (aka the "US Collectors Edition") is the "black box" version in Ubi's US online store, and will not be sold outside of the US. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does this mean that Canada will get the European version...? Could one of the mods be able to confirm for us Canucks..?

I really want the artwork from the U.S. version...and...don't care if I get the BoM from the European version.

Oh well, I guess we can't have everything..!!

Alahmnat
08-12-2005, 07:52 AM
I'm honestly not sure *what* Canada is getting, though my guess would be the US version. Sorry if I was misleading, I shouldn't post when I'm tired, heh.

Coronagold
08-12-2005, 10:27 AM
All I care about is the game. They're so wrapped up in this 'what comes with what version', I hope they don't forget to include the actual game with the rest of the stuff.

I'll buy what I see in the store. I'm not picky.