PDA

View Full Version : Wonder Planes

Hortenbrothers
02-28-2004, 04:24 PM
do you think Ubi will ever make an expansion to FB with some of those 'wonder planes' and aircraft way ahead of their time from all sides?

Hortenbrothers
02-28-2004, 04:24 PM
do you think Ubi will ever make an expansion to FB with some of those 'wonder planes' and aircraft way ahead of their time from all sides?

Flamin_Squirrel
02-28-2004, 04:38 PM
I hope not

VW-IceFire
02-28-2004, 04:45 PM
Thats already done....the YP-80, the Gotha flying wing, the He-162, the Me 163....all of these are aircraft that almost flew or did fly in limited numbers in combat....thats probably as far as we should go. These aircraft have good fortune to be actuately modeled...they flew, were tested, etc....but some others are not realistic enough to really expect modeling.

Besides...with those you get a very nice historical what-if scenario. And we need to focus on gettting some more aircraft that actually served in numbers.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/temp_sig1.jpg
RCAF 412 Falcon Squadron - "Swift to Avenge"

jenikovtaw
02-28-2004, 05:33 PM
"And we need to focus on gettting some more aircraft that actually served in numbers."

Absolutely agree.

diomedes33
02-28-2004, 06:45 PM
To Hortenbrothers:
I agree with VW-IceFire. Most of those experimental designs never even left blueprints. In addition, many of those may not even be capable of leaving the ground even if they were built.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
And we need to focus on gettting some more aircraft that actually served in numbers.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
so how about the Gloster Meteor?

When I first heard about the expansion pack I didn't intend to get any of the jets. Some other planes probably should have been modeled first (flyable allied bombers come to mind) But now that we're getting them I'm excited to fly them.

Someone put the time an effort to model these aircraft. Right or wrong people should be more appreciative of their work done.

*diomedes gets off his soap box*

just had to get that off my chest

http://www.public.asu.edu/~guthriec/ubi_sig.jpg

SUPERAEREO
02-28-2004, 07:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hortenbrothers:
do you think Ubi will ever make an expansion to FB with some of those 'wonder planes' and aircraft way ahead of their time from all sides?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We already have the YP-80, the He.162, the Me.163, the Ho.229.

What else would you want?

The HANEBU???

S!

FI-Aflak
02-28-2004, 07:38 PM
Don't forget the Ta-152(H + C) that we will get.

Those count as wonder planes.