PDA

View Full Version : 4.01 Download Question

e2michaelb
06-24-2005, 06:17 PM
This is the largest file I have ever attempted to download. I am on a slow - but cheap - dialup system, and the best I have been able to download is 15MB before the connection goes south. I was left with several empty files on my desktop, which were a ***** (can I say that?) to remove. I had to be led through a bunch of "Safe Mode" DOS commands to remove one of them. Any suggestions?

e2michaelb
06-24-2005, 06:17 PM
This is the largest file I have ever attempted to download. I am on a slow - but cheap - dialup system, and the best I have been able to download is 15MB before the connection goes south. I was left with several empty files on my desktop, which were a ***** (can I say that?) to remove. I had to be led through a bunch of "Safe Mode" DOS commands to remove one of them. Any suggestions?

WTE_Steg
06-25-2005, 04:45 AM
Try a download manager like Getright, this will allow you to download the file in mutiple sessions, so even if your connection goes down it restarts where it left off.

There are a few of the managers out there so have a look around, but getright is one of the common ones.

Capt_Kernel
06-25-2005, 08:44 AM
It would be nice if this update was offered on disc.......... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Tully__
06-25-2005, 08:46 AM
3DGamers will burn and post a CD for a modest fee (materials & handling only). The fee is the same regardless of how many files you have them put on the disk if the information I have is correct...

e2michaelb
06-25-2005, 04:17 PM
Amen! Oleg, are you listening?

lkemling
06-25-2005, 04:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by e2michaelb:
This is the largest file I have ever attempted to download. I am on a slow - but cheap - dialup system, and the best I have been able to download is 15MB before the connection goes south. I was left with several empty files on my desktop, which were a ***** (can I say that?) to remove. I had to be led through a bunch of "Safe Mode" DOS commands to remove one of them. Any suggestions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

By chance do you have a friend or relative with a HS connection and a burner?