PDA

View Full Version : Is there a keystroke to change waypoints???

AStotzer
04-01-2005, 07:54 PM
I thought there was, but I can't find it.

Sometimes when I turn on Autopilot, it trys to fly to one of the past waypoints that I didn't fly exactly over, and still is the current one. If I can change it to the waypoint I'm heading towards I'll be in good shape...

AStotzer
04-01-2005, 07:54 PM
I thought there was, but I can't find it.

Sometimes when I turn on Autopilot, it trys to fly to one of the past waypoints that I didn't fly exactly over, and still is the current one. If I can change it to the waypoint I'm heading towards I'll be in good shape...

ColoradoBBQ
04-01-2005, 07:59 PM
I think you change waypoint in the Comms menu.

VF51_Flatspin
04-01-2005, 08:04 PM
Yes it's in comms, but only works if you're in charge of the flight. Select option 8 or 9 (can't remember exactly which), select 'Navigation' and then 'next waypoint' until you're proceeding to the right one.

AStotzer
04-01-2005, 08:47 PM
I wasn't in charge of the flight. I was the last plane. But the entire flight was heading to the 4th waypoint. But the 'waypoint line' for me was still point back to the 3rd waypoint.

I assume if the entire flight was heading towards the 4th waypoint, that it was 'their' waypoint, otherwise, why would they be flying there?? But the 'waypoint line' from my plane still pointed back to the 3rd waypoint.

Maybe I'll just have to try it to see what happens?

VF51_Flatspin
04-01-2005, 10:38 PM
If you don't get close enough to the waypoint to 'register' it, you will be sent back to that on autopilot even if you're on final approach for landing and hit autopilot. No way around this AFAIK, the rest of the mission you just have to fly w/o autopilot. There's no penalty for doing this.