PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed III will take place in ... (Spoilers from Brotherhood))

cgdemon894
11-26-2010, 10:03 AM
*to the mods, I understand that there is a constant stream of members writing their own assumptions, but I decided to make this its own topic due to the sheer importance of the evidence, and also that people may see it.

Okay, so far in the series, (AC1-AC2) the next "true" sequel comes out, a new time period and a new ancestor is introduced. The time period is normally the last but before the present.

Assassin's Creed was in the Holy Lands, The Crusades to be specific.

Assassin's Creed II was in the Italian Rennaissance.

So logically, the next step for the franchise is to look for a time period rich in historical material and present day relevance, Both previous time periods changed our human history up to this day. So our otakus in this forum, sorry to break your hearts but AC will not take place in Japan.

Some people however do notice the amount of time the game has us play as Desmond. Due to this, most people assume that we will get to play in the modern world as Desmond. I know that the developers know that since they have repeated time and time again that the Assassin's Creed series was and always will be about the Animus.
So the modern day is not necessarily going to be presented as a main game.

The next game will take place in France, between 1the 16th to 18th century. You're probably asking "why do you say that?"
Well the first reason is that the developers seemed to have played out around with the idea during the development process for AC2.

Second reason is straight from the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Official Guide.
"The closing scenes in Junos Vault also reveal two symbols to answer Desmond's question. The Apple's projection of the Masonic Eye is a case in point. A historically recurring signifier of the all-seeing eye of God, the pyramidal form appears on the American dollar bill and was adopted as an emblem of the Freemasons. As for the Phrygian Cap, it is also known as liberty cap, having come to symbolize freedom and the pursuit of liberty. Shaun would know that the two come together in the Declaration of the Rights of Man and the Citizen, a defining radical document of the French Revolution. Is the Apple pointing the way to 18th Century France?

Third reason is that my friend has an uncle that works in Ubisoft Montreal as part of the AC team, and he said that they are "playing around with the idea of the French Revolution".

So there you go, those are points, cant wait to hear yours, thanks

cgdemon894
11-26-2010, 10:03 AM
*to the mods, I understand that there is a constant stream of members writing their own assumptions, but I decided to make this its own topic due to the sheer importance of the evidence, and also that people may see it.

Okay, so far in the series, (AC1-AC2) the next "true" sequel comes out, a new time period and a new ancestor is introduced. The time period is normally the last but before the present.

Assassin's Creed was in the Holy Lands, The Crusades to be specific.

Assassin's Creed II was in the Italian Rennaissance.

So logically, the next step for the franchise is to look for a time period rich in historical material and present day relevance, Both previous time periods changed our human history up to this day. So our otakus in this forum, sorry to break your hearts but AC will not take place in Japan.

Some people however do notice the amount of time the game has us play as Desmond. Due to this, most people assume that we will get to play in the modern world as Desmond. I know that the developers know that since they have repeated time and time again that the Assassin's Creed series was and always will be about the Animus.
So the modern day is not necessarily going to be presented as a main game.

The next game will take place in France, between 1the 16th to 18th century. You're probably asking "why do you say that?"
Well the first reason is that the developers seemed to have played out around with the idea during the development process for AC2.

Second reason is straight from the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Official Guide.
"The closing scenes in Junos Vault also reveal two symbols to answer Desmond's question. The Apple's projection of the Masonic Eye is a case in point. A historically recurring signifier of the all-seeing eye of God, the pyramidal form appears on the American dollar bill and was adopted as an emblem of the Freemasons. As for the Phrygian Cap, it is also known as liberty cap, having come to symbolize freedom and the pursuit of liberty. Shaun would know that the two come together in the Declaration of the Rights of Man and the Citizen, a defining radical document of the French Revolution. Is the Apple pointing the way to 18th Century France?

Third reason is that my friend has an uncle that works in Ubisoft Montreal as part of the AC team, and he said that they are "playing around with the idea of the French Revolution".

So there you go, those are points, cant wait to hear yours, thanks

mikeh1294
11-26-2010, 10:07 AM
The Phrygian cap was on some early American currency, and the Masonic eye still is. So it could be in America (this is backed up by the Phrygian cap being alongside the Roman goddess Libertas).

But I remember finding something out when ACII was announced, if you follow a map of the crusade, it goes from the Middle East, to Italy, and then France. This lends some credibility to your idea, as they might be following the places visited by those on the crusade.

XVinny84X
11-26-2010, 10:14 AM
IMO it should be in modern time with Desmond as character and to finally conclude this story arc. Not saying there shouldn't be more or are that you are mistaken, that's just the way I see it. He already know locations of temples, so what's stopping him from visiting them in next installment?? Think modenr day, but in all the various countries/cities that you can visit all over the world ins earch of apple. Now that is conclusion I am looking for!

Radman500
11-26-2010, 10:17 AM
no no no, im sorry but this is ac3, this is the last game in the trilogy it should be in the modern day with desmond..... the developers have also said time and time again that assassins creed is ultimately about the story of Desmond Miles, he is the main character of the AC series... the final game should be about him saving the world.

NO ANCESTORS

cgdemon894
11-26-2010, 10:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Radman500:
no no no, im sorry but this is ac3, this is the last game in the trilogy it should be in the modern day with desmond..... the developers have also said time and time again that assassins creed is ultimately about the story of Desmond Miles, he is the main character of the AC series... the final game should be about him saving the world.

NO ANCESTORS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I understand the the series is about Desmond but the main point is, the story teller of the whole universe serves as the animus, the game will play out with Desmond's storyline but Assassin's Creed was always about the Animus.

Radman500
11-26-2010, 10:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the series is about Desmond but the main point is, the story teller of the whole universe serves as the animus, the game will play out with Desmond's storyline but Assassin's Creed was alwa </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no.. i actually want to play as desmond . going to the temples, activating them, stopping the templar satellite launch etc. etc

there is no need for him to go in the animus again and relive another ancestor, its time for him to fulfill his destiny

cgdemon894
11-26-2010, 10:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Radman500:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the series is about Desmond but the main point is, the story teller of the whole universe serves as the animus, the game will play out with Desmond's storyline but Assassin's Creed was alwa </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no.. i actually want to play as desmond . going to the temples, activating them, stopping the templar satellite launch etc. etc

there is no need for him to go in the animus again and relive another ancestor, its time for him to fulfill his destiny </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There will obviously some sort of side to his story that will be shown, but if you remeber for m the end of AC, Juno mentions to look for his other half, his "Eve" so that he may fulfill the prophecy with his "son" so necessarily, Desmond is going to have to find that "Eve".

Radman500
11-26-2010, 10:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zabrak94:

there is no need for him to go in the animus again and relive another ancestor, its time for him to fulfill his destiny </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There will obviously some sort of side to his story that will be shown, but if you remeber for m the end of AC, Juno mentions to look for his other half, his "Eve" so that he may fulfill the prophecy with his "son" so necessarily, Desmond is going to have to find that "Eve". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but whats the point of going back in the animus... desmond already have the info he needs... location of the temples, finding "eve".. i just see no point of going back in the animus again

cgdemon894
11-26-2010, 10:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zabrak94:

There will obviously some sort of side to his story that will be shown, but if you remeber for m the end of AC, Juno mentions to look for his other half, his "Eve" so that he may fulfill the prophecy with his "son" so necessarily, Desmond is going to have to find that "Eve". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but whats the point of going back in the animus... desmond already have the info he needs... location of the temples, finding "eve".. i just see no point of going back in the animus again </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He doesnt know where "Eve" is, and if you remember during the credits of AC Brotherhood, there are two men talking about wether putting him back in the Animus, wether this is Desmond we're not sure. And AC was always about history and it's conspiracies, it was always about the eternal war of the Assassins ans Templars. If they put it in the modern day, they will have to rework the whole formula of gameplay, it screws valuable time and money.

OGCFB
11-26-2010, 10:38 AM
Yes I agree I don't want another ancestor although it's fun to learn some history (yes I know some of it's fictional) Desmond needs to find eve and stop the satellite launch and then kill vidic and the rest of abstergo off then look for Subject 16 in the darkness and ressurect or heal Lucy with the apple

cgdemon894
11-26-2010, 10:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OACFB:
Yes I agree I don't want another ancestor although it's fun to learn some history (yes I know some of it's fictional) Desmond needs to find eve and stop the satellite launch and then kill vidic and the rest of abstergo off then look for Subject 16 in the darkness and ressurect or heal Lucy with the apple </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, some thing just dont have to be taken literally, Desmond does not know who what or Eve is, how does he find that, where is the "darkness". The satellite launch is also a problem since he also has to find temples but he also does not know that because the apple that he received from Minerva didn't tell him to find temples but to find the Eve so he may be able to get his "Son". We also dont know if weve been playing Desmond thru the Animus the whole time.

Radman500
11-26-2010, 10:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the series is about Desmond but the main point is, the story teller of the whole universe serves as the animus, the game will play out with Desmond's storyline but Assassin's Creed was alwa </div></BLOCKQUOTE> yes ac has always been about history and conspiracies, but its ultimately always been about desmond..

i dont care about ancestors.. i want desmond...

but whats the point of going back in the animus... desmond already have the info he needs... location of the temples, finding "eve".. i just see no point of going back in the animus again </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He doesnt know where "Eve" is, and if you remember during the credits of AC Brotherhood, there are two men talking about wether putting him back in the Animus, wether this is Desmond we're not sure. And AC was always about history and it's conspiracies, it was always about the eternal war of the Assassins ans Templars. If they put it in the modern day, they will have to rework the whole formula of gameplay, it screws valuable time and money. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Radman500
11-26-2010, 10:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OACFB:
Yes I agree I don't want another ancestor although it's fun to learn some history (yes I know some of it's fictional) Desmond needs to find eve and stop the satellite launch and then kill vidic and the rest of abstergo off then look for Subject 16 in the darkness and ressurect or heal Lucy with the apple </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, some thing just dont have to be taken literally, Desmond does not know who what or Eve is, how does he find that, where is the "darkness". The satellite launch is also a problem since he also has to find temples but he also does not know that because the apple that he received from Minerva didn't tell him to find temples but to find the Eve so he may be able to get his "Son". We also dont know if weve been playing Desmond thru the Animus the whole time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but i dont think you get the point that desmond is the main character of ac3, assassins creed evolves around him... he is more important than the historical aspect of AC or the conspiracies...

to me it seems you really dont want to play as desmond and thats alright, but alot of people want to, hence he is the Main protagonist of the AC series...... and its time for his mission

cgdemon894
11-26-2010, 10:50 AM

lol, some thing just dont have to be taken literally, Desmond does not know who what or Eve is, how does he find that, where is the "darkness". The satellite launch is also a problem since he also has to find temples but he also does not know that because the apple that he received from Minerva didn't tell him to find temples but to find the Eve so he may be able to get his "Son". We also dont know if weve been playing Desmond thru the Animus the whole time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but i dont think you get the point that desmond is the main character of ac3, assassins creed evolves around him... he is more important than the historical aspect of AC or the conspiracies...

to me it seems you really dont want to play as desmond and thats alright, but alot of people want to, hence he is the Main protagonist of the AC series...... and its time for his mission </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The thing is, I DO WANT TO PLAY AS DESMOND. I want to hop around each country to look for these temples, I want to know what happens to him, but the evidence (a dude from Ubisoft, cmon) points to the French Revolution (which also makes me happy)

ninja_7_7
11-26-2010, 10:54 AM
France sucks. I dont want to go there.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...024/m/8251094497/p/1 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/8251094497/p/1)

glenneey
11-26-2010, 11:01 AM
About the having a son with eve thing...
Would Desmond be desperate enough for saving the world to have sex with a +- 40.000 yr old woman? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

cgdemon894
11-26-2010, 11:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glenneey:
Would Desmond be desperate enough for saving the world to have sex with a +- 40.000 yr old woman? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am led to believe that "Eve" and "Son" are just words for something else, but a hot coffee minigame on AC will be a bit...weird....

TrevIsGod
11-26-2010, 11:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glenneey:
Would Desmond be desperate enough for saving the world to have sex with a +- 40.000 yr old woman? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am led to believe that "Eve" and "Son" are just words for something else, but a hot coffee minigame on AC will be a bit...weird.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you remember, "The Truth" in ACII was with subject's 16 ancestor, who looks to be running away from the ancient ones(don't know what to call them :P)with a girl. You can suspect then that Subject 16 is "Adam" and the girl is "Eve" and that Desmond is the "son". If this were the case, Desmond would have to go back into the aminus to find more about Subject 16 and how to find Eve.

Perhaps Desmond is the son of "Eve" and Subject 16, hence the word "son." Just my two cents :P

EdgeX4
11-26-2010, 11:35 AM
They might mean a direct descendant of Eve. Why would they kill of Lucy otherwise. She is clearly standing in the way of his ''son'' therefore son and Eve might not just be figurative.

I also think that Zabrak might be right about France. No matter how much I want to play Desmond in modern times, another time period in order to find clues about Eve's whereabouts could be plausible. Furthermore, like another of this discussion`s member mentioned, there was a map leading to France. Anyway, I would have to agree with Zabrak.

CelticKennedy
11-26-2010, 02:27 PM
The Assassin's Creed franchise is about replaying events throughout history to solve problems in the modern time. I think a game set entirely in modern time wouldn't be as interesting. Plus ubisoft already has another stealth franchise that takes care of that department with splinter cell.

AC is meant to be set in the past. Hopefully AC3 will be French Revolution as was hinted at the end of the game.

SlimeDynamiteD
11-26-2010, 02:35 PM
And just exactly how was your uncle allowed to say that?

Assassin_Mitch
11-26-2010, 02:40 PM
No Assassins Creed is the story of Desmond Miles who just so happens to relive events in the past to save the future.

cgdemon894
11-26-2010, 02:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SlimeDynamiteD:
And just exactly how was your uncle allowed to say that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, hes not my uncle, hes my friends uncle, he said that they were throwing around the idea of the French Revolution, he also gives us free games (Far Cry 2, Prince of Persia) when they get extras over at the office.

SlimeDynamiteD
11-26-2010, 02:59 PM
Lucky bastard xD

Dagio12
11-26-2010, 03:01 PM
french rev would make a lot of sense.. and be really nice to see. that or spain, or england or anything like that around the 16-18th century. sounds good to me

SlimeDynamiteD
11-26-2010, 03:03 PM
Not because I'm dutch (or maybe a bit) But the Netherlands between 1600 and 1700 would be pretty cool too.

I'm not writing an whole essay why... But just look it up on google or something x')

cgdemon894
11-26-2010, 03:07 PM
LMAO, got excited about the concept that I did a 5 min sketch to what I think the Assassin should look like:
http://i.imgur.com/230EL.jpg
Might plan on making a 3d model on my free time :-D

assassin087
11-26-2010, 03:16 PM
There is still work left in tha animus. Desmond still needs to know where the temples are. He also needs answers to the things juno told him at the end. a modern assassin creed would be good but i dont know if it fits. I think the idea of setting it in a french revouloution would be a good idea. I would even settle for japan or ww2.

Wind91
11-26-2010, 03:22 PM
actually if you pay attention to what juno said, Desmond is basically "adam" he needs his other half of the Ancient DNA, "Eve" together they basically will walk something known as the Path and will go through the doorway together.

Desmond's son and Desmond may bring about a new age of man, i think first he'll save the world then time skip to the more future where desmond trains his son and they work to take down the templars

none of desmonds ancestors would know the locations, why? Because the apple was untouched this entire time. It makes no sense for any of his ancestors to have relevant information anymore. And no, ubi said that AC is and will be about Desmond Miles, NOT the Animus - that's just a plot point.

OGCFB
11-26-2010, 03:27 PM
He does not need to go back in the animus he has the apple and the apple provides visions of anything you want to know including the future...

Radman500
11-26-2010, 07:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CelticKennedy:
The Assassin's Creed franchise is about replaying events throughout history to solve problems in the modern time. I think a game set entirely in modern time wouldn't be as interesting. Plus ubisoft already has another stealth franchise that takes care of that department with splinter cell.

AC is meant to be set in the past. Hopefully AC3 will be French Revolution as was hinted at the end of the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ac is also about the story of Desmond Miles.. so i think its time we play a full game with him

cgdemon894
11-26-2010, 09:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CelticKennedy:

AC is meant to be set in the past. Hopefully AC3 will be French Revolution as was hinted at the end of the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ac is also about the story of Desmond Miles.. so i think its time we play a full game with him </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It won't be fun when you buy a full game of Modern Romulus Lairs.

Radman500
11-26-2010, 09:33 PM

ac is also about the story of Desmond Miles.. so i think its time we play a full game with him </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It won't be fun when you buy a full game of Modern Romulus Lairs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

DESMOND IS THE FREAKIN MAIN CHARACTER OF THE GAME.. THE WHOLE STORY REVOLVES AROUND HIM

he should have a full game to advance his story..

mrfishy101
11-26-2010, 09:37 PM
The AC series actually doesn't need to have Desmond at all, he just kind of explains why the setting can change from the holy lands, to Italy, and possibly France. If they had really wanted, Ubisoft could have just gone from one brotherhood to the next across history, and made it work. I also agree to the romulus lairs thing.

Radman500
11-26-2010, 09:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mrfishy101:
The AC series actually doesn't need to have Desmond at all, he just kind of explains why the setting can change from the holy lands, to Italy, and possibly France. If they had really wanted, Ubisoft could have just gone from one brotherhood to the next across history, and made it work. I also agree to the romulus lairs thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok they didn't have to have desmond, but they did... and even if you like it, or absolutely despise it.. desmond is the main character of assassins creed

OGCFB
11-26-2010, 09:41 PM
One thing is for sure though when AC3 comes out I want the boxart to be white hoody wearing Desmond for once with the hood up or something...

Sparty2020
11-27-2010, 12:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wind91:
actually if you pay attention to what juno said, Desmond is basically "adam" he needs his other half of the Ancient DNA, "Eve" together they basically will walk something known as the Path and will go through the doorway together.

Desmond's son and Desmond may bring about a new age of man, i think first he'll save the world then time skip to the more future where desmond trains his son and they work to take down the templars

none of desmonds ancestors would know the locations, why? Because the apple was untouched this entire time. It makes no sense for any of his ancestors to have relevant information anymore. And no, ubi said that AC is and will be about Desmond Miles, NOT the Animus - that's just a plot point. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>They may or may not know the location of the Temples. There were at least 5 Apples and there are 50 PoE, it is also possible that in a time span of more than 5 centuries somebody reclaimed the Apple then left it behind. Heck, they don't even need to be relevant to the temples. Maybe they have information of the Templars or Eve's descendant. There could even be a 4th leg to the story, Ubisoft can write whatever reason they want for another trip through the Animus.

True_Assassin92
11-27-2010, 05:31 AM
Lol AC:B is already in the 16th century...We already play in the age 1500+, but I do like the idea of the french revolution.

PS: Radman, it looks to me the world is centered around you, all you say is: 'I want it to be in the modern time and play DESMOND and nothing else BECAUSE I WANT IT TO BE!'

Maybe we could have both, french revolution and desmond and better graphics http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

LaCava1
11-27-2010, 06:13 AM
This idea is VERY well thought out, but I still would rather play as Desmond.

Radman500
11-27-2010, 09:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by True_Assassin01:
Lol AC:B is already in the 16th century...We already play in the age 1500+, but I do like the idea of the french revolution.

PS: Radman, it looks to me the world is centered around you, all you say is: 'I want it to be in the modern time and play DESMOND and nothing else BECAUSE I WANT IT TO BE!'

Maybe we could have both, french revolution and desmond and better graphics http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ps "the whole assassins creed story revolves around desmond miles"

Mysterio43
11-27-2010, 09:43 AM
Ok for one thing, people keep referring to it as the masonic eye. It is not. It is the Eye of Providence. The "all seeying eye" changes in it's image depending on what culture it is. If you are going by the image, it is the Eye of Providence which came from Christianity. I wrote all about the two symbols in another thread.

Also, people are talking about "the path" that desmond has to walk. If you watch the video when Desmond Kills lucy, he already walks the path. Juno says that Path has been open and he needs to walk it, well when she says that, whatch what happens to Desmond, He floats to the other side when he was originally standing closer to Lucy before. That is the path he must walk he starts the walk, but must kill Lucy because she is in the way of the path.

Watch the ending again.

narego
11-27-2010, 09:55 AM
i dont care long as they stay in the medieval age, like the games are now.

I dont want new splinter cell, if you want moderen sneaking game get yourself splinter cell or something else. I hope AC always stay in "old age".

How would you make leap of faiths in modern day... sure you wouldnt survive jumping in to hay in medieval times.. but there are no haystacks in modern time citys. it would just be a bad idea

ForsakenMessiah
11-27-2010, 10:26 AM

NO ANCESTORS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They said it was originaly intended to be a trilogy but due to the success of the series they said "if the fans want more, we will make more" meaning they will stretch the story out for as long as WE want it.

He does not need to go back in the animus he has the apple and the apple provides visions of anything you want to know including the future... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who's to say that Desmond's ancestors only find the one PoE and it only being one of the 5 apples, there are 50 PoE's including swords one of which was held by Joan of Arc who was French and imitated a knight because she wanted to fight.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SlimeDynamiteD:
And just exactly how was your uncle allowed to say that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, hes not my uncle, hes my friends uncle, he said that they were throwing around the idea of the French Revolution, he also gives us free games (Far Cry 2, Prince of Persia) when they get extras over at the office. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fogive me for being skeptical, but this is one of the biggest lies in the book, the amount of times I'v seen people write this just so they can try to convince people that their argument must be true is unreal, also anyone working on a game have to sign an agreement not to say anything to anyone (including their partner and mother) revealing anything to do with the title, weather it is story, setting, or gameplay content even in concept stage, otherwise they can be prosecuted and fired.
However, I do believe it will be set during the French Revolution as the amount of evidence pointing to it from brotherhood is stacking, and i wrote a list on another thread as to why I think it will be set during this time period.

*EDIT* here is the post I made;

I'm guessing the next game is going to be one of those moments where the devs have read the forums and seen people come up with a pretty cool idea, so i think it will be set in the French Revolution for a number of reasons

<LI> It's a significant part of history
<LI> It had a lot of corrupted officials and people going to the guillotine daily (templars gaining power?)
<LI> If they are going with the theme of unusual settings for games like the crusades and renaissance then this is perfect
<LI> The French are heavily mentioned in AC:B including a whole sequence dedicated to fighting them
<LI> It's made in montreal and most of the devs are FRENCH canadian (bit of a stretch)

I just hope they don't go with feudal Japan which is also mentioned a lot on the forums, and is in a lot of games already, I really don't see how ninjas or samurai will fit into a game like this, as a large town back then was the size of a small village anywhere else in the world.
If you want to play in that era go play Tenchu.

Radman500
11-27-2010, 10:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mysterio43:
Ok for one thing, people keep referring to it as the masonic eye. It is not. It is the Eye of Providence. The "all seeying eye" changes in it's image depending on what culture it is. If you are going by the image, it is the Eye of Providence which came from Christianity. I wrote all about the two symbols in another thread.

Also, people are talking about "the path" that desmond has to walk. If you watch the video when Desmond Kills lucy, he already walks the path. Juno says that Path has been open and he needs to walk it, well when she says that, whatch what happens to Desmond, He floats to the other side when he was originally standing closer to Lucy before. That is the path he must walk he starts the walk, but must kill Lucy because she is in the way of the path.

Watch the ending again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he still has to find eve, alone... and desmond and "eve" will walk togeather through the "gate"...

Mysterio43
11-27-2010, 10:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mysterio43:

Watch the ending again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he still has to find eve, alone... and desmond and "eve" will walk togeather through the "gate"... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right, but I am just saying he has already started walking the path. Juno put him on the path by directing him to first kill Lucy. I am sure with out killing Lucy he wouldn't be able to go the correct path. So basically he doesn't have to really "find" the path, he is already on it now.

Wind91
11-27-2010, 12:47 PM
you do know that they can keep the series going and still conclude this story with AC3 right?

You save the world in AC3, but the war with the templar's is far from over. Finish this "arc" and keep the story going with a new mission that the Ancients give to Desmond, his wife, and son.

Deaghaidh
11-27-2010, 02:14 PM
I had an odd idea: multiple ancestors. After all there are multiple Temples, right? What are the odds that a single ancestor discovered all of them?
Maybe you have one ancestor as a Spanish Conquistador, who finds one of them in the Yucatan (the whole Mayan 2012 thing after all) maybe another is in Japan, etc

If not, I like the French Revolution idea. It has a lot of great elements for an AC game (big, historic city to prowl, lots of corruption, plotting, violence and tyranny). I would nominate another one though: the English Civil War/ Wars of The Three Kingdoms. Similar themes, but also potentially tied into the whole Freemason thing.

Another one might be the Russian Revolution, but that runs one big problem in my eyes. Ideally, the time period should be one in which melee combat was still at least somewhat the norm. The AC combat system is not really geared well for a firearms-based world. Nor should it be, there are plenty of shooters out there.

Wind91
11-27-2010, 03:22 PM
again with the firearmed based world.

Go watch a martial arts movie, do they use guns? No they are using swords, shuriken, daggers, chain daggers etc. I mean Ninja Assassin is a great example of why you can legitimately use swords and daggers in AC in modern day.

Kaxen6
11-27-2010, 03:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wind91:
again with the firearmed based world.

Go watch a martial arts movie, do they use guns? No they are using swords, shuriken, daggers, chain daggers etc. I mean Ninja Assassin is a great example of why you can legitimately use swords and daggers in AC in modern day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Assassin's Creed in modern times makes me think of District 13/Banlieue 13.

I think you could think of excuses to avoid guns, kind of like how the Abstergo guys were trying to hit Desmond with batons since they wanted Desmond alive... though there's also long-range non-lethal ways of getting people. *suddenly imagines Desmond being shot by a water cannon*

WastingMyTIM3
11-27-2010, 03:49 PM
LOL it would kinda make sense for Ubisoft to make the next game location to be in France.

I mean it is a French computer and video game publisher and developer. With its headquarter in France, I don't see why they wouldnt make France the next location.

And France was mentioned quite a few times in ACBH.

Sparty2020
11-27-2010, 05:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Deaghaidh:
I had an odd idea: multiple ancestors. After all there are multiple Temples, right? What are the odds that a single ancestor discovered all of them?
Maybe you have one ancestor as a Spanish Conquistador, who finds one of them in the Yucatan (the whole Mayan 2012 thing after all) maybe another is in Japan, etc

If not, I like the French Revolution idea. It has a lot of great elements for an AC game (big, historic city to prowl, lots of corruption, plotting, violence and tyranny). I would nominate another one though: the English Civil War/ Wars of The Three Kingdoms. Similar themes, but also potentially tied into the whole Freemason thing.

Another one might be the Russian Revolution, but that runs one big problem in my eyes. Ideally, the time period should be one in which melee combat was still at least somewhat the norm. The AC combat system is not really geared well for a firearms-based world. Nor should it be, there are plenty of shooters out there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Please, no multiple ancestors. The reason why Ezio and Altair were so popular was that they had the time to be fleshed out, they had personalities and were dynamic characters. If we're going to have 50 ancestors for 2 minutes each I will never buy it.

So far the AC games have focused on themes where art, science, and philosophy were locking horns with religion, politics, and fascism. Their themes were tumultuous times that affected no just that one region but also all of Europe and, arguably, the world. A civil war in England or China doesn't seem as exciting as the Napoleonic Wars or the French Revolution.

They are doing a comic book series about another Assassin reliving his ancestor's memories during the Russian Revolution. I believe it's called Assassin's Creed: The Fall. The cool part is that it isn't a random spin-off but contains important information such as the Tungaska Event, what happened to the Staff, and who is the current Grand Master of the Assassin Order. It also includes big names such as Tsar Alexander III and Tsar Nicholas II.

martyngjones
11-27-2010, 06:02 PM
i hope it will take place in teutonic germany when an assassin (Desmonds ancester) goes for the staff of eden because he already has the apple now and then rodrigo borgias ancester comes in the ending then the sequel to it could be that rodrigo borgias ancester hid it before ezios time in italy then another sequel could be that the staff is in France in emperor napoleon II era and then in ww2 and the nazis have hold of it and then modern day in afghanistan and then have an assassins creed which haves every country mixed together in a huge war this will be proberly in 2016 but this is what ive been thinking of today phew my arms hurtin

Sparty2020
11-27-2010, 06:07 PM
Welcome to the forums, but I have already said that the staff will be discussed and destroyed in the comic, thus creating the Tungaska Incident in Revolutionary Russia.

XJoker3697D
11-27-2010, 06:14 PM
I agree with Desmond should fulfil his destiny and stop the Templars in Modern day... But, this might just be me... but I think, for a short time for AC3 you should visit the Last of Ezio's Memories to finally figure out the 100% story of what's what. And then you should play a majority of AC3 as Desmond, stopping the satellite launch etc.

OGCFB
11-27-2010, 06:17 PM
Yes but joker I think it would feel boring that way as we have had ezio for 2 games and hes a great character but overdoing him will make it boring if they do go back to the animus for a short time it should be a new Ancestor or even a new feature where Desmond can relive his own memorys but ones he forgot and doesn't remember...

X10J
11-27-2010, 06:19 PM
Just a thought I had in the car a few minutes ago. We're supposed to find Eve, how would we do that?

OGCFB
11-27-2010, 06:27 PM
With the apple.. it provides visions of anything you want people, past, future and even your own death...

X10J
11-27-2010, 06:29 PM
thanks didm't think of that for some reason, probably my waking at 5 am today.

Deaghaidh
11-27-2010, 06:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sparty2020:
Please, no multiple ancestors. The reason why Ezio and Altair were so popular was that they had the time to be fleshed out, they had personalities and were dynamic characters. If we're going to have 50 ancestors for 2 minutes each I will never buy it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was thinking more like 3 ancestors for just this reason, but yeah, it would be tough to achieve the kind of character development we've come to expect.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So far the AC games have focused on themes where art, science, and philosophy were locking horns with religion, politics, and fascism. Their themes were tumultuous times that affected no just that one region but also all of Europe and, arguably, the world. A civil war in England or China doesn't seem as exciting as the Napoleonic Wars or the French Revolution. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with the first part, disagree with the second. The English Civil War era is just the sort of mash up of high principles, venal corruption, liberty vs autocracy, religious dissent, social upheaval, and major conflict that AC thrives on. This is, after all, the time of John Milton writing Paradise Lost a work that could not fit better into the AC universe. Cromwell would make a great arch-villain, he's very similar in many ways to Napoleon or Cesare Borgia. He was a military dictator who seized power in the name of securing freedom for the people. How perfect is that?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
They are doing a comic book series about another Assassin reliving his ancestor's memories during the Russian Revolution. I believe it's called Assassin's Creed: The Fall. The cool part is that it isn't a random spin-off but contains important information such as the Tungaska Event, what happened to the Staff, and who is the current Grand Master of the Assassin Order. It also includes big names such as Tsar Alexander III and Tsar Nicholas II. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure if this makes Russian Revolution more or less likely. More likely, in that they will no doubt be establishing and fleshing out characters who they could use in game. Less likely, as they may see the comic as having told the story and not feel it worth revisiting.

Mysterio43
11-27-2010, 06:34 PM
With the apple.. it provides visions of anything you want people, past, future and even your own death... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm, if this is ABSOLUTELY true, then this could give us a hint on what we do in the next game. I mean, if we have the apple that can show us ANYTHING we want, why do we even need the animus?

X10J
11-27-2010, 06:40 PM
with the bleeding effect why do we need the animus?

Sparty2020
11-27-2010, 07:23 PM
With the apple.. it provides visions of anything you want people, past, future and even your own death... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>A device that can reveal anything and everything? Then why are the Templars still here, why is the Earth still doomed, and why do things such as religion, politics, and fascism still exist?
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
I agree with the first part, disagree with the second. The English Civil War era is just the sort of mash up of high principles, venal corruption, liberty vs autocracy, religious dissent, social upheaval, and major conflict that AC thrives on. This is, after all, the time of John Milton writing Paradise Lost a work that could not fit better into the AC universe. Cromwell would make a great arch-villain, he's very similar in many ways to Napoleon or Cesare Borgia. He was a military dictator who seized power in the name of securing freedom for the people. How perfect is that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I enjoy John Milton's works, they are entertaining and insightful. But what I meant by "exciting" wasn't bloodshed or violence, I meant how dynamic the setting is. Please allow me to explain: the English Civil War and the War of the Three Kingdoms were all terrible conflicts but they were fought between a predetermined amount of forces. The wars were mostly enclosed and rarely involved an outside nation or force.

During the French Revolution, however, France was fighting a war against the Holy Roman Empire, Prussia, Great Britain, Russia, and the French Loyalists. Other nations such as Spain, Portugal, Sardinia, Naples, Italy, the Ottoman Empire, the Dutch Republic, Poland, Denmark, and the United States all had a role in the eventual outcome of the war. As you can see this a very large list of powerful nations all next to each other and this conflict does not even compare to the grandeur of the Napoleonic Wars and its LARGE amount of belligerents.

I do not have a high opinion of the French or France in general, but even I have to admit that the French Revolution or the Napoleonic Wars have far more potential than any other war during the Enlightenment period. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

OGCFB
11-27-2010, 07:26 PM
Because it does and FYI the apple is far more powerful for anyone of the Desmond bloodline for example Altair saw his own death and the future of technology...

XJoker3697D
11-27-2010, 07:34 PM
Yes but joker I think it would feel boring that way as we have had ezio for 2 games and hes a great character but overdoing him will make it boring if they do go back to the animus for a short time it should be a new Ancestor or even a new feature where Desmond can relive his own memorys but ones he forgot and doesn't remember... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Great theory... But I was thinking it should be Ezio for a short time because, like AC 2, thats some what where Brotherhood takes off. And for the same for Brotherhood, to see who (SPOILER) Who " Kidnapped " Desmond at the end of ACB. And why they did it. ( And maybe at the credits when their talking...maybe thats not Desmond but I think it is ) So spend maybe a sequence or 2 in the Animus, and then play as Desmond. Again thats just what I think...

Sparty2020
11-27-2010, 07:35 PM
Where does it say he saw his own death? And Altair didn't see the future: he asked it questions. For example, Altair wanted to know how to have a smaller version of the firearms in the east and the apple responded. It didn't tell him how to build an M1911 Colt or an Mk. 23 pistol, it told him how to get a smaller version of the firearms in the east. When Giovanni Borgia attempted to use the apple he had to concentrate very hard in order to create hallucinations. My guess is that unless you know exactly what it is you are looking for or how it looks you get random symbols and visions (like Altair when he saw the world on fire but didn't know how or why, Ezio when he first touched the apple in Leonardo's workshop, or Desmond when he first touched the apple and the room was filled with symbols).

If the apple truly was the end-all be-all then the Templars, who had long had possession of one apple or the other, wouldn't have so much difficulty locating the Assassins. For all we know the Apple could function similar to Death Note where you had to know both the name and the face of the person you're looking for in order to find him/her.

OGCFB
11-27-2010, 07:59 PM
It told him by showing him visions and he says how he could feel deaths embrace and how he was going to try and use the apple to extend his life and the apple is capable of killing people instantly and controlling people and even making people see things that are all in their head.

If the people who came before want Desmond to get with Eve then they would have made the Apple show him where she is otherwise what would be the point....

BootBlade
11-28-2010, 04:24 AM
As much as I love Ezio, I'd rather the Dev team take their sweet time on a new ancestor. French Revolution sounds good, I for one do not mind the possibility of a female assassin too. I am more worried about the story, i hope dearly that it isnt put aside in favour of game mechanics. I love the story of Desmond's ancestors much more than his, Desmond's story is more a treat on an already good package. The animus has always been the big draw of the series, to exclude it in a major game would be crazy. Sure playing as Desmond in a major game would be cool, but maybe the devs have something super cool planned, as in 2012 happens and Desmond is the assassin of the new world. We wouldn't have to worry about the guns as much as in the Earth's destruction most of it would be wiped out. It'd be an interesting turn. Just ideas.

Wind91
11-28-2010, 07:00 AM
If you pay attention at the end of Brotherhood they flat out hat Desmond's DNA activated the Apple. This obviously means that if you have the right DNA you're going to have full capacity of the Apple, and it's not far fetched so say that the Apple can act as a sort of medium to full unlock Eagle Vision allowing them to see the future. As for the difference in activation - its obvious that the ancients set different responses for different people.

Oh and for the argument of desmond needing to learn how to fight in modern day. This plot device was already used in AC2 - through Ezio and the bleeding effect you're going to be a trained Assassin. So no people, Desmond DOES NOT need more training.I really find it hard to believe that desmond is going to waste more time in the ANimus when he has 72 days to find eve, save the world, and go through this "doorway". Oh and he got YELLED at to do it all ALONE. At this point - if it's not Desmond in modern day then ubi killed the main plot. Im begging you Ubi - finish this "save the world" story and start a new arc with AC IV

OGCFB
11-28-2010, 09:11 AM
I agree but he would need training with guns now I don't want it to become a shooter but if he goes running in there all stealth like with a hidden blade he will die theres CCTV and im sure they would be carrying guns...

DavisP92
11-28-2010, 09:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mrfishy101:
The AC series actually doesn't need to have Desmond at all, he just kind of explains why the setting can change from the holy lands, to Italy, and possibly France. If they had really wanted, Ubisoft could have just gone from one brotherhood to the next across history, and made it work. I also agree to the romulus lairs thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok they didn't have to have desmond, but they did... and even if you like it, or absolutely despise it.. desmond is the main character of assassins creed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know if u already understand that AC3 will have the animus or somesort of going back in time gameplay or not. but Everyone understands that u want AC3 to be about desmond only but it wont be like that. AC is about the animus, desmond and the struggle between the assassins and templars. If AC goes to France (if cuz the guy's friends uncle only said they are pondering the idea) then its something that is going to be fun. Playing as desmond the whole time will ruin the game in the idea. I'm not saying that only desmond in the game will suck, i'm saying the gameplay will be ruined. Guns will have to be a big part of the game and why even have a hidden blade. the game will be altered too much. So bring on the NEW ASSASSIN http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DavisP92
11-28-2010, 09:32 AM
LMAO, got excited about the concept that I did a 5 min sketch to what I think the Assassin should look like:
Might plan on making a 3d model on my free time :-D </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm lovin the design. but if u don't have a problem with me giving u any ideas. instead can u make the assassin wear a sleeveless shirt with the hood and have a silk long sleeve shirt under it. the design of course should be white and red. but put a flower/vine design on the sleeves. he shouldn't have a sword or dagger or crossbow on. instead keep the hidden blade, and add throwing knives maybe on his belt or on his arms. no cape or anything like ezio.the lower half is cool.

Radman500
11-28-2010, 11:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">need more training.I really find it hard to believe that desmond is going to waste more time in the ANimus when he has 72 days to find eve, save the world, and go through this "doorway". Oh and he got YELLED at to do it all ALONE. At this point - if it's not Desmond in modern day then ubi killed the main plot. Im begging you Ubi - finish this "save the world" story and start a new arc with AC IV </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AC3 should be all desmond

he has 72 days to save the world

and i want to ask the animus people

Why does he need to go in the animus agian, he already knows what to do??

DavisP92
11-28-2010, 12:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">need more training.I really find it hard to believe that desmond is going to waste more time in the ANimus when he has 72 days to find eve, save the world, and go through this "doorway". Oh and he got YELLED at to do it all ALONE. At this point - if it's not Desmond in modern day then ubi killed the main plot. Im begging you Ubi - finish this "save the world" story and start a new arc with AC IV </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why does he need to go in the animus agian, he already knows what to do?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay here u go.
1. Desmond has 72 days and even lucy said thats a lot of time and he's only been in the animus for a month or gained ezio's abilities in a month. so he has a lot of time. And he needs to find the temples right, so maybe the new ancestor finds one, also he has to find the decendent of eve so thats another reason to go into the animus. He could also learn some other fighting abilities too. i'm not saying that the game will not have a lot of modern gameplay but it will have a lot of animus. as long as the game is super long, lets say maybe 50+ story only hours long then u don't have to worry about more desmond cuz u will have it. but AC is about reliving ur ancestors so it will have it. and they can have that and finish desmonds story.

Uar2bePWNDagain
11-28-2010, 12:28 PM

Why does he need to go in the animus agian, he already knows what to do?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
*Bit off topic*

Has it already been mentioned that after 72 days it is actually the 21st of december 2012?
Lucy mentioned in the colleseum that it was the 10th of october 2012, and 72 days after that it is the 21st of december.... and, of course, the end of the Mayan Calender too.

Enemyinsurgent
11-28-2010, 12:55 PM
I have read another topic similar to this on the ubisoft forum. It would seem all the evidence points towards france. I could see them pulling that off in a 1 year time frame, but im not so sure the quality will be good.

i also have a speculation on possible additional AC stories. i read in gameinformer that they may also go with ancient rome in the future. This would lead me to believe they might also have egypt in the series, since its only a small ocean distance away. It would be an amazing thing to have ancient rome and egypt both in one game. After all Desomond is from a middle eastern decent, which could easily have come from an egyption blood line. I believe desmond would have to relive more of the past to find the temples.

cgdemon894
11-28-2010, 02:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pdavis3:
Might plan on making a 3d model on my free time :-D </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm lovin the design. but if u don't have a problem with me giving u any ideas. instead can u make the assassin wear a sleeveless shirt with the hood and have a silk long sleeve shirt under it. the design of course should be white and red. but put a flower/vine design on the sleeves. he shouldn't have a sword or dagger or crossbow on. instead keep the hidden blade, and add throwing knives maybe on his belt or on his arms. no cape or anything like ezio.the lower half is cool. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks dude, actually, the costume was based from the drawings of famous French Artist; Jacque Louis David who designed the outfits for the Republican rebels of the French Revolution, he was also a very important political figure that was also apparently part of some secret organization...(hint, hint ;-P)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi...ois_en_fonction2.jpg (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1e/Le_repr%C3%A9sentant_du_peuple_Fran%C3%A7ois_en_fo nction2.jpg)

k0br4
11-28-2010, 03:45 PM
I think that they should keep the mix of Modern Day Desmon and Historical Assasin.. Maybe start to increase to modern day as the story progresses. I think London, Germany, France, Northern Europe would all be good ideas, maybe travel back to the Holy Land http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.. Whatever, let's just wait and see.

DGLee12
11-28-2010, 10:18 PM
More likely will take place in America. The American Revolution, the modern day Illuminati, the Freemasons. And home of Abstergo.

Phrygian Cap appeared on numerous US Currency.

The Eye Of Providence was also adopted by the US Government in the 1770s.

Also, my own reading of Templar History over the last 10years leads to some evidence of the last Templars fleeing to the now United States.

kriegerdesgottes
11-28-2010, 10:26 PM
I so hope you're right. However I have further small evidence. like 1191(ac)+285=1476(acII)+285=1761 20 years before the french revolution so if you add around 300 years to each game it makes perfect sense. plus if you know about the time period, and I do you would see it fits beyond perfectly with the ac story. It's downright weird how the story of the french revolution almost seems like an assassins creed game. also ubisoft is a french company and montreal is a studio full of people who speak...french. I sooo want the french revolution the japanese thing wouldn't make sense at all. nor would going back in time to egypt or ancient rome.

Sparty2020
11-29-2010, 12:03 AM
I'm hoping for the game to be set during the Peninsular Wars rather than France due to all the big names running around (Arthur Wellsley for example) and the interesting fact that Napoleon conquered Italy, Egypt, and Russia yet the only nation to actually rebel was Spain. Arguably, if it weren't for Spain Britain would not have had the necessary foothold to assualt France. My guess is that the cap and eye simply point to the Enlightenment Era and that's all we know. Where and when is a matter for Ubi to decide.

Sparty2020
11-29-2010, 12:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
I so hope you're right. However I have further small evidence. like 1191(ac)+285=1476(acII)+285=1761 20 years before the french revolution so if you add around 300 years to each game it makes perfect sense. plus if you know about the time period, and I do you would see it fits beyond perfectly with the ac story. It's downright weird how the story of the french revolution almost seems like an assassins creed game. also ubisoft is a french company and montreal is a studio full of people who speak...french. I sooo want the french revolution the japanese thing wouldn't make sense at all. nor would going back in time to egypt or ancient rome. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Srry for the double post but I wanted to add my opinion on the matter. According to the guy with the friend's uncle Ubi still isn't certain about the next game but just to bounce off your idea: 1507 + 285 = 1792. This is right before Corsica split with France, Napoleon saw himself as French, and right after France saw that Revolutions worked after what the USA did. It is also smack dab in thr middle of the French Revolution.

LiTtLa33
11-29-2010, 03:12 AM
just as an idea to think about...The Truth in Brotherhood and minerva already claim that it is too late and it is desmond's "SON" that is important, go over it again but that is the case,...also, when desmond is in the animus they are claiming they cannot access some memories for a number of reasons, but one of them is because it is a memory within a memory...it is possible that for some reason " it is too late" to fix things for desmond, but he is in fact to have a "son"...just for thought, its all pretty abstract

DeSabellis
12-01-2010, 08:30 AM
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just want to get this out here. Adam and Eve had children together. Adam AND Eve. Cain, Able... you know them.

If Desmond is the descendant of Adam, he is also the descendent of Eve. He would have both of their DNA.

Calyptus
12-01-2010, 09:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeSabellis:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just want to get this out here. Adam and Eve had children together. Adam AND Eve. Cain, Able... you know them.

If Desmond is the descendant of Adam, he is also the descendent of Eve. He would have both of their DNA. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As always, the bible isn't the best source of history, even in fiction.

Brey335i
12-01-2010, 11:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sparty2020:
Srry for the double post but I wanted to add my opinion on the matter. According to the guy with the friend's uncle Ubi still isn't certain about the next game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ubisoft knows for sure where the next game will be. There is no way they're sitting around a table right now talking it out... that kind of thing gets decided way before the game begins development

Mr_Shade
12-01-2010, 11:59 AM
Can you please continue this in the ongoing thread?

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1069024/m/6831010868 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6831010868)

Thanks..