PDA

View Full Version : Romulus Lair 5 problem

wittless1
12-14-2010, 09:27 AM
I have gotten all the way to the final cathedral room in the 5th lair, but I cannot get any farther. I watched a youtube video that showed the large door glowing and they interacted with that. Once they interacted with that, the sandbag flashed and you are supposed to shoot that.

The problem is, in my game, the door never glowed for me to interact with it. I am bugged or something because I am stuck in this room with no way to complete it. I have restarted the memory and even abandoned it several times to try it, but nothing works. Anyone have advice on what to do?

wittless1
12-14-2010, 09:27 AM
I have gotten all the way to the final cathedral room in the 5th lair, but I cannot get any farther. I watched a youtube video that showed the large door glowing and they interacted with that. Once they interacted with that, the sandbag flashed and you are supposed to shoot that.

The problem is, in my game, the door never glowed for me to interact with it. I am bugged or something because I am stuck in this room with no way to complete it. I have restarted the memory and even abandoned it several times to try it, but nothing works. Anyone have advice on what to do?

Canabary
12-14-2010, 10:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wittless1:

The problem is, in my game, the door never glowed for me to interact with it. I am bugged or something because I am stuck in this room with no way to complete it. I have restarted the memory and even abandoned it several times to try it, but nothing works. Anyone have advice on what to do? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're talking about the giant gate leading to the treasures right?

It should light up as soon as you enter the room. Did you try just shooting/knifing the sandbag?

wittless1
12-14-2010, 10:50 AM
Yes, that is where I am talking about. The gate does not glow, and when I entered that room for the first time, the camera never cut away to show me the door, and it never flashes/glows.

I did try just shooting the sand bag, but I cannot target it directly like they could in the youtube video I saw. I ended up having to jump up on the platform the cross is on to get the proper elevation, and then I managed to point my crossbow right at the sandbag, but I didn't "hit" it, it bounced off like it normally does when you hit a wall.

Canabary
12-14-2010, 01:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wittless1:
Yes, that is where I am talking about. The gate does not glow, and when I entered that room for the first time, the camera never cut away to show me the door, and it never flashes/glows.

I did try just shooting the sand bag, but I cannot target it directly like they could in the youtube video I saw. I ended up having to jump up on the platform the cross is on to get the proper elevation, and then I managed to point my crossbow right at the sandbag, but I didn't "hit" it, it bounced off like it normally does when you hit a wall. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well there is definitely something wrong. Here's what I'd try in order of desperation:

0. Report the incident as a glitch/bug and see if you can't get an answer from a developer or similar. (You should do this anyway)

1. Abandon memory, play other memories for a while and try again.

2. Abandon memory, finish the current memory sequence and try again. (alternatively finished multiple sequences)

3. Abandon memory, finish the game (yes I know this one sort of sucks, but if you're desperate...)

4. If all else fails, back up your save data, delete the GAME data (if you're on PS3) and try to reinstall the game. If you're on XBOX then I'm stumped by now.

wittless1
12-14-2010, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the advice. I have already reported it, and tried the first two suggestions. In fact, I eventually got far enough into the story that I unlocked the 6th lair and got the 6th romulus scroll and then went back. Still no luck. 3 is not an option IMO as I am trying to "complete" the game in one play through. But I might try #4, that is a pretty good idea. Thanks for that.