PDA

View Full Version : PS3 can't use DLC without network access issue discussion.

DocSoCal
11-03-2011, 02:22 PM
I decided to start a new thread without a sarcastic title in hopes of getting some actual info from Ubisoft.

So... we have seen the reports of DLC not being playable off-line.

I tried playing DLC on my PS3 while NOT logged in to the PSN and it worked just fine. Another user was having a problem while not connected and asked me to try shutting down my network, I said sure.

Check THIS out.

UNPLUGGED my wireless router.

Powered on the PS3 logged in to primary user (the one I play Rocksmith with) and fire up the game.

No Bodysnatchers, no Freebird.

So then I plugged my wireless router in and DISCONNECTED my cable modem so now my router is getting zero internet connection.

Fired up the PS3, told it I did not want to log in, got the "on line features warning" said I dont care, checked songs and both are back now.

So you dont even have to actually be connected to the internet it just has to see your router?

Thats some bizzare crap.

I guess the good news is that internet outage wont effect playing DLC but that is oddball at best.

What is Ubisoft trying to do here? Is this a mistake or intentional?

Can an Xboxer try powering off their network and see if they get the same result?

DocSoCal
11-03-2011, 02:22 PM
I decided to start a new thread without a sarcastic title in hopes of getting some actual info from Ubisoft.

So... we have seen the reports of DLC not being playable off-line.

I tried playing DLC on my PS3 while NOT logged in to the PSN and it worked just fine. Another user was having a problem while not connected and asked me to try shutting down my network, I said sure.

Check THIS out.

UNPLUGGED my wireless router.

Powered on the PS3 logged in to primary user (the one I play Rocksmith with) and fire up the game.

No Bodysnatchers, no Freebird.

So then I plugged my wireless router in and DISCONNECTED my cable modem so now my router is getting zero internet connection.

Fired up the PS3, told it I did not want to log in, got the "on line features warning" said I dont care, checked songs and both are back now.

So you dont even have to actually be connected to the internet it just has to see your router?

Thats some bizzare crap.

I guess the good news is that internet outage wont effect playing DLC but that is oddball at best.

What is Ubisoft trying to do here? Is this a mistake or intentional?

Can an Xboxer try powering off their network and see if they get the same result?

Pancho X1
11-03-2011, 06:26 PM
ok, this is what I did. I completely shut down my internet connection, unplugged the cable modem and router. Powered up the Xbox. logged in. got the "can't connect to xbox live" message. Launched the game. verified that all dlc songs: freebird, Bodysnatchers, tighten up. were present and accesable along with their tones.

DocSoCal
11-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Sweet, so its a PS3 exclusive! Oh wait...

Thanks for checking.

Xx El Kino xX
11-04-2011, 07:06 AM
for Xbox, when you download DLC, it is licensed to that Gamertag and the console and you dont have to be connected to Xbox Live to use it. Also, any user can use that DLC as long as it was first downloaded on that console.

DocSoCal
11-04-2011, 09:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DigitalPimp5lap:
for Xbox, when you download DLC, it is licensed to that Gamertag and the console and you dont have to be connected to Xbox Live to use it. Also, any user can use that DLC as long as it was first downloaded on that console. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, we know.

I actually own an XBOX 360 as well. Wii too but thats all irreleveant.

The PS3 is NORMALLY the same way, HENCE the "issue" part of the thread title.

PS3 users should not have to be in range of their network to use purchased DLC in Rocksmith.

Mr_Shade
11-04-2011, 10:42 AM
If you require confirmation if this is indeed correct, can I ask that you contact support.

Links to support are in my signature,

Remember that support may not always work at weekends.

DocSoCal
11-04-2011, 12:11 PM
Cheers for any signs of life.

Support ticket submitted. I will report back when/if I hear anything.

Ryder35
11-04-2011, 12:42 PM
The irony of the UK forum manager being one of the only active ubi reps for a game I had to import is not lost on me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Mr_Shade
11-04-2011, 01:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryder35:
The irony of the UK forum manager being one of the only active ubi reps for a game I had to import is not lost on me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm not a rep for the game though...

Since its not released in the uk, I don't have anything really to add to the game discussions etc.

I just ban people on the forums lol http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

r1chard34
11-04-2011, 01:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryder35:
The irony of the UK forum manager being one of the only active ubi reps for a game I had to import is not lost on me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm not a rep for the game though...

Since its not released in the uk, I don't have anything really to add to the game discussions etc.

I just ban people on the forums lol http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, then give our regards to whoever it is whose job this forum is.

I got a real laugh out of the job description.

c0nundrum
11-07-2011, 05:15 AM
I can only assume that Ubisoft wants PS3 users to be extremely selective about how much DLC is purchased.

TonyFarkas
11-07-2011, 05:38 AM
sounds like almost a non issue now. you figured out how to play the DLC in a work around, by just having your ps3 plugged into your router.

Maybe UBI will fix it in a update. These are little issues, no game or software is prefect on 1st release.

CircusMidget_TS
11-07-2011, 07:37 AM
This is something I have reported to the devs, but I have not heard anything back. Once I do, I'll be sure to relay it back to you guys.

c0nundrum
11-07-2011, 02:33 PM
I was under the impression that this was deliberate. I really hope I'm wrong.

DocSoCal
11-21-2011, 11:48 AM
Support closed my question but gave no answer.

Did I miss a memo or is this a "no comment" issue?

I do not frequent these forums daily but I have been checking the FAQ as support said "If we answer this it will appear on the FAQ".

Been holding off on buying DLC in hopes of some sort of reply. I realize I can play the DLC I buy 99% of the time but it still bugs me to have something I bought nerfed in any way.

If this was addressed but I missed it, please feel free to point it out to me.

nyrang
11-21-2011, 01:51 PM
One thing I would like to understand is: do you have to be logged in with the same user you used to buy the DLC, in order to be able to access it?

Because lots of people outside of US are going to use two different users, one for playing and one for downloading DLC. And we know for a fact that Ubi doesn't like that (well, they don't want people outside of US to import the game at all).

shihdo
09-10-2013, 03:36 PM
One thing I would like to understand is: do you have to be logged in with the same user you used to buy the DLC, in order to be able to access it?

Because lots of people outside of US are going to use two different users, one for playing and one for downloading DLC. And we know for a fact that Ubi doesn't like that (well, they don't want people outside of US to import the game at all).
No, I imported a us version for ps3, set up a US psn and the bought my dlc via the US psn store (using vouchers from an online retailer) any dlc I bought was accessible to all profiles on the ps3 as long as I used the us bought disc.

CulBreez
12-03-2013, 10:18 PM
I just bought Rocksmith2014/PC version & I've never been so disappointed in a product before.The sound was louse & I broke 2 guitar strings trying to do what it said,calibrate.I haven't got past
the tuning.I haven't even been in the stupid game.I can't do anything now until I get more guitar strings,tomorrow.I can't even find a email address for Rocksmith.Have I been screwed?

hedwards362
12-04-2013, 05:23 AM
I just bought Rocksmith2014/PC version & I've never been so disappointed in a product before.The sound was louse & I broke 2 guitar strings trying to do what it said,calibrate.I haven't got past
the tuning.I haven't even been in the stupid game.I can't do anything now until I get more guitar strings,tomorrow.I can't even find a email address for Rocksmith.Have I been screwed?

Were you running version 1.02? I had a ton of problems before the update. One of the changes was that they fixed the tuning. Other than that, make sure that your cable isn't broken. If it's broken, then you're going to have issues with any version of RS they might release.