PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get back into it - having a couple of problems

sledgehammer2
05-10-2009, 08:15 PM
Hello folks,

I have been away from the cockpit for a couple of years, but I have missed it in certain ways and I am trying to find my way back. Maybe someone can help me out here. I use the TrackIR 3, I can't remember if it is the Pro or not. I downloaded the latest software for it. I also use the CH combatstick 568. I have the TrackIR enable tracking button and center button mapped to my joystick. When I turn on the TrackIR without the sim being running this works, but as soon as I click on the IL2 icon and get the sim up and running the TrackIR defaults to where only the F keys will activate and center it. Any idea why this is happening? Before I gave all this up a couple of years ago these buttons worked great for this.

2nd issue: for some reason the keys for flyby view and outside view -F3 and F2- are not working. I checked in the controls menu of the sim where I had everything mapped but they look OK in there.

I never thought I'd come back to this. I'm not good with techie stuff and figuring out problems like this, but there are aspects of this sim I have missed. Any help would be appreciated.

sledgehammer2

sledgehammer2
05-10-2009, 08:15 PM
Hello folks,

I have been away from the cockpit for a couple of years, but I have missed it in certain ways and I am trying to find my way back. Maybe someone can help me out here. I use the TrackIR 3, I can't remember if it is the Pro or not. I downloaded the latest software for it. I also use the CH combatstick 568. I have the TrackIR enable tracking button and center button mapped to my joystick. When I turn on the TrackIR without the sim being running this works, but as soon as I click on the IL2 icon and get the sim up and running the TrackIR defaults to where only the F keys will activate and center it. Any idea why this is happening? Before I gave all this up a couple of years ago these buttons worked great for this.

2nd issue: for some reason the keys for flyby view and outside view -F3 and F2- are not working. I checked in the controls menu of the sim where I had everything mapped but they look OK in there.

I never thought I'd come back to this. I'm not good with techie stuff and figuring out problems like this, but there are aspects of this sim I have missed. Any help would be appreciated.

sledgehammer2

GAU-8
05-11-2009, 07:58 PM
from time to time, i have noticed i just have to do a fresh re-install of IL-2..after a year or so it just gets a mind of its own.

have you tried that all ready? or did you just fire up what was all ready existing?

sledgehammer2
05-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Hello Gau-8 and thanks for replying. I have not tried that. I did uninstall and then reinstall the TrackIR 3, but not the sim. I am using '46 4.08m too by the way.

Tully__
05-13-2009, 03:31 AM
Check that TIR doesn't load application specific profiles when you start an application. There may be a default IL2 profile loading that overrides your generic settings.

For the external views thing, it's probably that you have the "No External Views" difficulty setting turned on.

Bearcat99
05-13-2009, 05:53 AM
Yeah that is the ususal culprit.. some other programs like VAC will do that as well.

AllorNothing117
05-13-2009, 12:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sledgehammer2:
sledgehammer2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

have you checked you have the

"No external views"

difficulty thing, un ticked. (red light off)???

sledgehammer2
05-14-2009, 08:58 PM
It's amazing what you forget when you have been away. That did the trick on both problems. Thanks guys! I appreciate the help.

sledgehammer2