PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILERS!!!] Where were the revelations?...[ENDING SPOILERS!!!]

De Filosoof
11-17-2011, 06:42 AM
Just finished the game today.
I really loved the game and clocked out at 16 hours playtime. (I took the time to do the main story missions)
The music and sound effects (especially the impulse response reverbs) sounded really nice!
I also loved the ending and all but...where were the revelations?
I already knew almost everything.
Lucy's death wasn't a big surprise, I already knew that TWCB lived together with humans and that almost everyone was wiped out by a solar flare.(When you played the glyph puzzles in the previous AC games it's pretty obvious).

I was VERY disappointed with the Desmond missionshttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif ...
First of all there were no cutscenes or anything, only Voices and some pictures on the wall.
Second there was nothing in it i didn't already knew!:S
We knew Desmond escaped from the farm, we knew he worked as a bartender and we knew he was captured by Abstergo. Then the story of Desmond ended at 30 fragments and really hoped the 2 pilars next to the last one would open when you collected more or all the fragments but no...

Look at this Desmond story trailer released a long time ago...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjL8sDM32n8

where was the stonehenge kinda opening in the beginning? And the mysterious red signs on the wall? And where was the scene with desmond knocking against the wall? have they changed all of it at the last moment?! I was very, VERY dissappointed with the Desmond part...

I loved the mysterious subject 16 glyphs and puzzles of the last AC games and they were also nowhere to be found. The thing that fitted really well with the storyline and atmosphere of the game.
Is subject 16 forever gone when the blackroom vaporizes at the ending? So that would mean also no Glyphs in AC3...

What do you guys think?

De Filosoof
11-17-2011, 06:42 AM
I really loved the game and clocked out at 16 hours playtime. (I took the time to do the main story missions)
The music and sound effects (especially the impulse response reverbs) sounded really nice!
Lucy's death wasn't a big surprise, I already knew that TWCB lived together with humans and that almost everyone was wiped out by a solar flare.(When you played the glyph puzzles in the previous AC games it's pretty obvious).

I was VERY disappointed with the Desmond missionshttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif ...
First of all there were no cutscenes or anything, only Voices and some pictures on the wall.
We knew Desmond escaped from the farm, we knew he worked as a bartender and we knew he was captured by Abstergo. Then the story of Desmond ended at 30 fragments and really hoped the 2 pilars next to the last one would open when you collected more or all the fragments but no...

Look at this Desmond story trailer released a long time ago...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjL8sDM32n8

where was the stonehenge kinda opening in the beginning? And the mysterious red signs on the wall? And where was the scene with desmond knocking against the wall? have they changed all of it at the last moment?! I was very, VERY dissappointed with the Desmond part...

I loved the mysterious subject 16 glyphs and puzzles of the last AC games and they were also nowhere to be found. The thing that fitted really well with the storyline and atmosphere of the game.
Is subject 16 forever gone when the blackroom vaporizes at the ending? So that would mean also no Glyphs in AC3...

What do you guys think?

zerocooll21
11-17-2011, 08:28 AM
The Desmond missions where cool and a nice break from the norm but Deff not enough content. The pictures and talking revealed nothing we didn't' know. I was a little ****ed at first b/c I HATE first person but it was actually very fun.

I was hoping too that those last two pillars would become available after finishing the game, shame there wasn't more.

Good call on that trailer, I forgot about that. I maybe saw 1-2 shots that were actually in the game the rest was never seen. I get that they make changes as they go and material might change but C'mon. I really wanted to explore that room with red text all over it!

I felt like Eagle Sense was shifted focus to tailing/identified and away from using it for problem solving.

You watch embers yet?

De Filosoof
11-17-2011, 12:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zerocooll21:
The Desmond missions where cool and a nice break from the norm but Deff not enough content. The pictures and talking revealed nothing we didn't' know. I was a little ****ed at first b/c I HATE first person but it was actually very fun.

I was hoping too that those last two pillars would become available after finishing the game, shame there wasn't more.

Good call on that trailer, I forgot about that. I maybe saw 1-2 shots that were actually in the game the rest was never seen. I get that they make changes as they go and material might change but C'mon. I really wanted to explore that room with red text all over it!

I felt like Eagle Sense was shifted focus to tailing/identified and away from using it for problem solving.

You watch embers yet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

exactly...yeah i watched Embers after i finished the game. I think it was too short.
They should have made it at least half an hour. SPOILER! I feel like the death of Ezio was kinda rushed. You?

zerocooll21
11-17-2011, 12:31 PM
Yah, deff too short and Shau Jun felt forced. From the trailers I thought she was his apprentice/body guard for him an his family now that he's so old.

I want to know what the hell was up with that guy on the park bench. I'm hoping the encyclopedia sheds a lot of light on things. That is if they ever ship the dam thing.

De Filosoof
11-17-2011, 01:27 PM
I feel like Shaun Jun is going to be in a new comic or something...What did Ezio gave her when she left? A box...but what was in it? Sounds like a new story to me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

zerocooll21
11-17-2011, 01:40 PM
Its unknown what he gave her. People are thinking its the Altair Keys but I don't think he would trust the possession of those items to someone he just met.

De Filosoof
11-17-2011, 05:07 PM
and the box is way too small for the keys...so i think we're gonna hear from Shau Jun soon http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
I guess it's gonna be a comic.

eagleforlife1
11-20-2011, 12:35 PM
I would imagine that we haven't heard the last of Shao. The encyclopaedia only tells her story up until Embers and she is only 19 at that point. They still have her whole life story to tell. I would quite like the proposed PS Vita game to be centred on her; it means I will have to buy a PS Vita though.

samward
11-20-2011, 01:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thijs_bijlsma:

What do you guys think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I agree entirely. I liked the Desmond memories. But I really was hoping after the puzzle bit, when u walked though the black door, that we would actually be able to walk into the memory that Desmond was piecing back together. I was also hoping that the last memory fragment would unlock some suppressed memory in Desmond that would bring with it a revelation. I honestly though that the room with the red writing was going to be part of that suppressed memory. I kept waiting for the room to appear and it never did. Made me sad.

I loved the game, but I agree that not much was revealed. I though they did such a good job at concluding Ezio and Altair in the game, gave a real sense of closure and wish they could have done the same with giving us some revelation that gave closure to many of our old questions while presenting new ones.

As far as Embers was concerned…. to be honest I really did not like it. I felt like the Asian bird was forced into the series to give them an opportunity to make another game after Desmond’s story ends, that is still is remotely connected to the series we love so much. I also really did not like Ezio’s death. Altair dies so heroically, and Ezio with that guy… it just seems like something gets the better of him in the end. I wanted to see him go out with a bang. The only poetic thing about his death was that he died in the same square as his brothers and father.

eagleforlife1
11-20-2011, 02:04 PM
I liked Ezio's death. It was original. Not every hero has to die after fighting off 1,000 soldiers. The poetry was that after dedicating his whole life to fighting it was natural causes that eventually took him. I'm not saying that going out in a blaze of glory is a bad thing but it is very cliche and it was a nice change to not see that.

Razrback16
11-20-2011, 09:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
I liked Ezio's death. It was original. Not every hero has to die after fighting off 1,000 soldiers. The poetry was that after dedicating his whole life to fighting; it was natural causes that eventually took him. I'm not saying that going out in a blaze of glory is a bad thing but it is very cliche and it was a nice change to not see that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree. Just wish he could've lived longer to see his kids longer after his life of pain and fighting.

samward
11-21-2011, 01:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
I liked Ezio's death. It was original. Not every hero has to die after fighting off 1,000 soldiers. The poetry was that after dedicating his whole life to fighting it was natural causes that eventually took him. I'm not saying that going out in a blaze of glory is a bad thing but it is very cliche and it was a nice change to not see that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont mean that Ezio needs to go out literally fighting, just with more meaning. I don't know if that makes sence... Altair goes out quietly, but with great meaning and purpose... I just personally would have liked a bit more of that for Ezio.

UtilityTortoise
11-21-2011, 02:24 PM
I liked Ezio's death. He was able to die in peace, naturally, right where his own family died too in the place he felt the most comfortable in. I saw it as his reward for fighting most of his whole life.

ACSineQuaNon
11-21-2011, 05:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by samward:
I liked Ezio's death. It was original. Not every hero has to die after fighting off 1,000 soldiers. The poetry was that after dedicating his whole life to fighting it was natural causes that eventually took him. I'm not saying that going out in a blaze of glory is a bad thing but it is very cliche and it was a nice change to not see that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont mean that Ezio needs to go out literally fighting, just with more meaning. I don't know if that makes sence... Altair goes out quietly, but with great meaning and purpose... I just personally would have liked a bit more of that for Ezio. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. Embers seemed completely pointless and failed to give Ezio a worthy goodbye. If anything, Ezio's death should have been included in ACR. I don't know why they didn't? Perhaps that female Chinese assassin is actually a hint to where the next game is going to take place. If not, then, imo, Ubsifot made a major mistake in making Embers. The whole twenty minutes were spent trying to say something "deep," but it basically boiled down to "appreciate your loved ones."

What bugged me the most, however, was that Ezio had such a meaningless death. Sure, he died where his father and brother did, but what's sad was that it was right in front of his wife and young daughter. I'm not saying he should have died in battle; that would have been dumb as well. It didn't feel justified and seemed rushed.

The_Sphinx
11-21-2011, 05:31 PM
The fact that I have to watch a special edition animated movie to find out what actually happens to the main character of the game I've been playing rubs me the wrong way.

As for the revelations - there were none. I still can't believe they showed a 5-minute CG movie of the sunflare end of the world scenario. They told us exactly this in ACII, two years ago. They should've either included that video back then, or not bothered with it at all because it's nothing but a waste of time.

I wanted answers. Ubi promised answers. Like I said in other threads - this game felt like the middle episode in a 24 or Lost season.

samward
11-22-2011, 01:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Adnocana:
The fact that I have to watch a special edition animated movie to find out what actually happens to the main character of the game I've been playing rubs me the wrong way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to agree. It seems Ubi have done a lot of things of late to line their pockets a bit more. For those who did not buy one of the big packs they had to buy Embers separate... to make some one buy something else after they have paid loads for a game to find out the end, end, of the game is a bit naughty really.

They did the same thing with the comics, everyone bought them all individually and then they come out and say, hey guys we are releasing them all in one, and it is the only version to have the part that connects this comic to the new one.... I love Ubi, and love that the story extends past the game, but some of their practices of late are not on.

samward
11-22-2011, 01:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACSineQuaNon:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by samward:

I dont mean that Ezio needs to go out literally fighting, just with more meaning. I don't know if that makes sence... Altair goes out quietly, but with great meaning and purpose... I just personally would have liked a bit more of that for Ezio. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. Embers seemed completely pointless and failed to give Ezio a worthy goodbye. If anything, Ezio's death should have been included in ACR. I don't know why they didn't? Perhaps that female Chinese assassin is actually a hint to where the next game is going to take place. If not, then, imo, Ubsifot made a major mistake in making Embers. The whole twenty minutes were spent trying to say something "deep," but it basically boiled down to "appreciate your loved ones."

What bugged me the most, however, was that Ezio had such a meaningless death. Sure, he died where his father and brother did, but what's sad was that it was right in front of his wife and young daughter. I'm not saying he should have died in battle; that would have been dumb as well. It didn't feel justified and seemed rushed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad to see someone agrees with me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

eagleforlife1
11-22-2011, 05:50 AM

Again I would disagree. At the end of Revelations Ezio shunned the life that he had formerly led. In fact, at the beginning of Brotherhood he stated that he wanted to live a life of peace as he felt that his job had been done. The meaning to his death was that he had finally gotten what he had always wanted a peaceful life in a beautiful Tuscan farm surrounded by the people he loved. The last thing he saw before he died was his wife and daughter buying groceries in the square where his journey had first began. It juxtaposes how his story started with a brutal execution of his family that he loved with the time of his death where he had gotten everything back and his journey ended much more peacefully than it had begun.

samward
11-22-2011, 06:59 AM

Again I would disagree. At the end of Revelations Ezio shunned the life that he had formerly led. In fact, at the beginning of Brotherhood he stated that he wanted to live a life of peace as he felt that his job had been done. The meaning to his death was that he had finally gotten what he had always wanted a peaceful life in a beautiful Tuscan farm surrounded by the people he loved. The last thing he saw before he died was his wife and daughter buying groceries in the square where his journey had first began. It juxtaposes how his story started with a brutal execution of his family that he loved with the time of his death where he had gotten everything back and his journey ended much more peacefully than it had begun. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I see your point, a good point at that. I could even settle for that, but I just hated that guy. There was something weird about him, like someone got the better of Ezio in the end. I know the mystery guy meant nothing, but it just gave me a bad feeling in what could have been a great moment.

eagleforlife1
11-23-2011, 01:13 PM

Again I would disagree. At the end of Revelations Ezio shunned the life that he had formerly led. In fact, at the beginning of Brotherhood he stated that he wanted to live a life of peace as he felt that his job had been done. The meaning to his death was that he had finally gotten what he had always wanted a peaceful life in a beautiful Tuscan farm surrounded by the people he loved. The last thing he saw before he died was his wife and daughter buying groceries in the square where his journey had first began. It juxtaposes how his story started with a brutal execution of his family that he loved with the time of his death where he had gotten everything back and his journey ended much more peacefully than it had begun. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I see your point, a good point at that. I could even settle for that, but I just hated that guy. There was something weird about him, like someone got the better of Ezio in the end. I know the mystery guy meant nothing, but it just gave me a bad feeling in what could have been a great moment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I found that guy creepy as well.

However, just before Ezio sat down on the bench he said that he was home. The mysterious guy spoke about how he hated Firenze and he preferred Rome. Ezio took this personally and told him that there is nothing wrong with Firenze and that it was him who had the problem. This perhaps tells us that Ezio was never happy when living his life in either Rome, Constantinople or possibly even Monterrigioni. If he had a choice he never would have left Florence and would have preferred a life in the countryside. I think the young man was there to give some perspective on the true character that we have been playing as. He didn't want to kill anybody he just wanted a peaceful life in Firenze; beneath all of the showy, flashy, machismo he was a normal humble man who was forced into a life that he didn't want to live due to circumstance.