PDA

View Full Version : Tyre Screech

Vittorio1
06-21-2005, 02:03 AM
First time i ran 4.01 i noticed a tyre screech on landing, this is great as it seems to ad realism, (and also lets you know when you are on terra firma)....however i flew last night and i dont remember hearing this tyre screech!!!!, is it that it only screeches on concreat surfaces?.and not grass runways?.

Thanks in advance...

Cheers,

Marco aka Vittorio1

Vittorio1
06-21-2005, 02:03 AM
First time i ran 4.01 i noticed a tyre screech on landing, this is great as it seems to ad realism, (and also lets you know when you are on terra firma)....however i flew last night and i dont remember hearing this tyre screech!!!!, is it that it only screeches on concreat surfaces?.and not grass runways?.

Thanks in advance...

Cheers,

Marco aka Vittorio1

FritzGryphon
06-21-2005, 02:15 AM
It screeches always, regarless of surface, and even with planes with no wheels.

Though, it's often hard to hear from the cockpit. It may be more or less noticable depending on aircraft.

tjaika1910
06-21-2005, 12:19 PM
I always hear it when I enter a mission online. Before 4.0 it was other sounds. A soundbug in Il2 I guess.

Not so easy to hear it on landing though.

Ketalar
06-21-2005, 03:52 PM
I haven't heard a single screech neither on grass nor concrete. Maybe it depends on how hard you touch down?

*runs off to touch down harder*

SeaFireLIV
06-21-2005, 03:58 PM
It depends on HOW you land. The loud screech is when you`ve made a landing that could almost break your undercarriage: a heavy landing.

Their is a lighter tire landing, but only audible with engines off (that`s when I heard it).
It seems the engines drown out the sound of a GOOD landing, but if it`s a heavy landing you`ll hear it.

Basically, it`s like flak - if you hear it, it`s a close one!

SeaFireLIV
06-21-2005, 05:19 PM
There appears to be another tire landing sound. I was coming in slightly askew to land and landed heavish on my port wheel and tail wheel. I heard a new tire landing sound, a kind of incomplete `kathump`. Definitely different to the normal sounds.

This is the beauty of this sim and that which many people fail to realise: There is far more hidden underneath the sim waiting to be discovered than a few QMBs over a couple of days will show you.

LStarosta
06-21-2005, 07:22 PM
Ummm instead of guessing and wondering, one could browse the new sound files.

WarWolfe_1
06-21-2005, 08:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LStarosta:
Ummm instead of guessing and wondering, one could browse the new sound files. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

PBNA-Boosher
06-21-2005, 08:58 PM
I only seem to hear it in external view. Maybe I need to listen harder.

SeaFireLIV
06-22-2005, 12:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LStarosta:
Ummm instead of guessing and wondering, one could browse the new sound files. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you realise how much game enjoyment this ruins. I have Rome Total War and Morrowind, sure, I could find out everything by browsing through the files, but then what? I NEVER do that.

Because all I would have done is ruin the whole fun of discovery for myself. You do it if you want. But I prefer the good old fashioned way. And it`s fun to share discoveries with fellow virtual pilots.