PDA

View Full Version : Flying bombers online.

Nick_Toznost
07-28-2005, 02:36 AM
Is there anyway of getting a multi-seat aircraft to fly straight and level when using the gunner positions as you can with the autopilot offline?. It's really frustrating trying to fly the plane aswell as defend, especially when the controls are reversed. I've got quite good at it now but can't help but feel that this situation is rather unrealistic, I.e. having lots of long arms reaching across the interior of the aircraft controlling everything. Then again I suppose the idea of the pilot leaving his seat to man the rear gun is quite unrealistic aswell.

Nick_Toznost
07-28-2005, 02:36 AM
Is there anyway of getting a multi-seat aircraft to fly straight and level when using the gunner positions as you can with the autopilot offline?. It's really frustrating trying to fly the plane aswell as defend, especially when the controls are reversed. I've got quite good at it now but can't help but feel that this situation is rather unrealistic, I.e. having lots of long arms reaching across the interior of the aircraft controlling everything. Then again I suppose the idea of the pilot leaving his seat to man the rear gun is quite unrealistic aswell.

F16_Neo
07-28-2005, 03:00 AM
Bind a key to "level stabiliser".
Works with He111, TB-3, B-25 & Betty

Heliopause
07-28-2005, 05:10 AM
Dont fly straight you'll be a sitting duck even more!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Nick_Toznost
07-28-2005, 10:37 AM
Thanks, I'm rather embarrased really, I've been playing IL2 for years and never bothered working that out. Very true Heliopause but I find the moment you get hit, bombers start leaping around the sky like a rabid bison on acid anyway.