PDA

View Full Version : Online Server Settings...Why those???

arrowtalon
03-28-2007, 01:16 PM
My friend and I were playing on hyperlobby last night. It was his first time online like that. He brought up a good question.

Why, typically, is Seperate Engine Start always selected, and full cockpit is not? If people want full realism, that's one thing. But, if people want realism without hassle, shouldn't it be the other way around, shouldn't the cockpit be locked and seperate engine start turned off.

The only thing seperate engine start effects is just that, once you're in flight, complex engine management does the rest... Seperate engine start just makes you punch more keys every time you take off...

arrowtalon
03-28-2007, 01:16 PM
My friend and I were playing on hyperlobby last night. It was his first time online like that. He brought up a good question.

Why, typically, is Seperate Engine Start always selected, and full cockpit is not? If people want full realism, that's one thing. But, if people want realism without hassle, shouldn't it be the other way around, shouldn't the cockpit be locked and seperate engine start turned off.

The only thing seperate engine start effects is just that, once you're in flight, complex engine management does the rest... Seperate engine start just makes you punch more keys every time you take off...

AFJ_rsm
03-28-2007, 01:21 PM
if you get one of your engines shot and on flames while flying, you can shut it off if separate engine start is selected

arrowtalon
03-28-2007, 02:07 PM
Right, but you can turn it off even if seperate engine start isn't selected. (when i fly alone, I usually turn off SES and CEM, and can still adjust engines seperately.

Wilburnator
03-28-2007, 08:40 PM
I could be wrong about this because I never fly the A.I. 4 engine bombers in servers that have them on the list, but isn't separate engine start required to get these things flying? I haven't flown an A.I. plane in maybe 3 years so I have forgotten the specific routine you need to go through to fly one online.