PDA

View Full Version : X45 Issue, hope you can help

LawDog007
08-19-2005, 05:25 PM
Hey everyone,

Ive searched the forums for this problem but havent found anything related to it.

I broke the throttle on my last X45, and just got my new one in today.

I unplugged the old one, and plugged in the new one.

I went to launch my profile manager, and it wouldnt go. After reinstalling the software and going through the motions, finally everything works.

The problem im having is my calibration is WAY off.

I went to Control Panel> Game Controlers> Properties.....but there is no settings tab so I can go in a adjust the calibration.

Ive nuked the USB port. Cleared the registry, Got the latest drivers ect.... Uninstalled and reinstalled everything for the 8th time but still no way to Cal. the joystick.

Any soulutions?

Thanks in advance.

Law

LawDog007
08-19-2005, 05:25 PM
Hey everyone,

Ive searched the forums for this problem but havent found anything related to it.

I broke the throttle on my last X45, and just got my new one in today.

I unplugged the old one, and plugged in the new one.

I went to launch my profile manager, and it wouldnt go. After reinstalling the software and going through the motions, finally everything works.

The problem im having is my calibration is WAY off.

I went to Control Panel> Game Controlers> Properties.....but there is no settings tab so I can go in a adjust the calibration.

Ive nuked the USB port. Cleared the registry, Got the latest drivers ect.... Uninstalled and reinstalled everything for the 8th time but still no way to Cal. the joystick.

Any soulutions?

Thanks in advance.

Law

Kapt_A
08-19-2005, 07:51 PM
Will this help?

Saitek (http://www.saitek.com/row/supp/x36x45_support.htm)

LawDog007
08-19-2005, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the response Kapt.

Ive been through there an none of it fixed my problem.

Thanks for your response though.

Law

Waldo.Pepper
08-19-2005, 08:46 PM
First save the profile file somewhere.

Remove the device by clicking on Start > Settings > Control Panel and then double-click on the Game Controllers icon and delete the controller.

Run NukeUSB (this can be found on the Product Companion CD)

Then reinstall.

Taylortony
08-20-2005, 05:51 PM
Ermmm go on windows,

start
Program files
ubisoft folder
Last window for the version u have ie Pacific fighters
click on setup
click on joystick
make sure its ticked
click on properties, then again and set it up / calibrate it there,
close and enjoy

LawDog007
08-21-2005, 06:24 AM
I dont know why, but im not getting a "Settings" tab in that window. Just a "test" and "About" tab.

Same thing when I go to "game controlers" in the control panel.

They show the X45 but no settings tab to calibrate.

Thanks for the replies.

Law

Taylortony
08-21-2005, 09:00 AM
even i il2set up? its not the normal one its in the game set up window

LawDog007
08-21-2005, 09:24 AM
Ya, even in the IL2 setup. Theres nothing there for settings to calibrate.

Im at a loss. I have unplugged, nuked, unistalled too many times to count.

Its all being reconized, profile is set up and everything with the latest drivers, but even trimming the AC out, the AC is still way off base.

I dont know why unplugging one X45 and pluggin in another X45 would cause such a problem.

Thanks for the responses fellas.

Law

Taylortony
08-21-2005, 10:06 AM
did you click on properties twice? there are 2 of them to get to the calib window... would ask in community help too they rock

LawDog007
08-21-2005, 10:58 AM
Well Well........after a day of searching the web and countless hours installing and uninstalling, ive found the problem.

My old X45, almost 2 years old, DID have a tab to caliblrate it.

The NEW X45's have a different chip in them, which allows for "Auto-Calibration", so no calibration tab will pop up.

Youve just got to go into the registry and delete a few strings, (The old x45 cal settings are still there and conlflicted with the new) and then move the joystick in all directions along with the throttle and it will cal. itself.

No cal. tab will ever appear for the newer x45 due to the newer chip in them.

Thanks for everyones replies and time out of flying and killing for there help.

<S>

LawDog

ashley2005
08-21-2005, 08:07 PM
ye must be same on X 52 auto calibration cause i never been able to find owt on calibrating it although it has never needed calibration http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif