PDA

View Full Version : Sim HQ?????

knightflyte
10-15-2007, 06:57 PM
Sim HQ was down earlier today. Now when I access the forum list the IL2, SoW:BoB, and the Community boards are missing.

Anyone experience the same?

knightflyte
10-15-2007, 06:57 PM
Sim HQ was down earlier today. Now when I access the forum list the IL2, SoW:BoB, and the Community boards are missing.

Anyone experience the same?

Brain32
10-15-2007, 07:02 PM
This is what it just "said" to me:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> SimHQ Forums will be offline from 2100 GMT Wednesday to approximately 0500 GMT Thursday for maintenance. It is necessary to tune the supporting Forum software. We are sorry for the inconvenience and will be back online as soon as possible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

mortoma
10-15-2007, 07:05 PM
I know, but it's not 21:00 GMT on Wednesday yet. It's only Monday!!! I'm sure it's Tuesday already in the far east but it ain't Wednesday anywhere that I know of. Maybe another planet??

Brain32
10-15-2007, 07:08 PM
Yeah I know, that's why I quoted it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

knightflyte
10-15-2007, 07:15 PM
Never got that message, Brain.
When I did have problems earlier it would just time out.

I just thought it strange that only those boards that I mentioned above were missing when I finally was able to access the forum.

Thanks for the update concerning Sim HQ being off line for maintenance.

BerkshireHunt
10-15-2007, 07:37 PM
Well now, is it maintenance? Their host is based in Texas and it's hot out there right now. The room containing the computers has faulty air conditioning and they keep suffering from overheating - hence, periodically there is no service. (I'm not making this up - that was the explanation given recently by '20mm' for all the downtime. I believe he is one of the owners).

Actually, I don't care very much. That board has been dying on its *rse for a few months now. I find very little of interest posted there, castrated as it is by the strict 'no images' policy and the sterile approach to debate adopted by many of the contributors. The new forum software is poor too: the bloody search engine is next to useless.
You may have noticed, as I have, that most of the old hands have voted with their feet (to mix a metaphor): Kamikuza, Freycinet and Ian Boys have all dissappeared, even Ming rarely posts there these days (which for a postcount***** like him is extraordinary).

A sad decline - but hey, there's always Ubi. (Until, that is, people realise the 1C forum is really the place to be. "Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.")

VMF-214_HaVoK
10-15-2007, 10:52 PM
" The SimHQ Forums are offline to complete the hosting relocation. "

Thats what I see.

S!

JG52Uther
10-16-2007, 02:20 AM
1C forum will be THE PLACE soon,be sure.I think the Sim.hq forum software sucks.