PDA

View Full Version : Instruction Manual for IL2 ?

rskover
05-04-2009, 05:51 PM
I'm new to IL 2 and am trying to find an area that would allow me to print the Keyboard shortcuts for IL2 and information on the Quick and Full Mission Builder. I did open the PDF Manual that came with the simulator but the manual only goes to page 45, where as the index for the manual indicates pages going to 87. Unfortunately items like "Quick Mission Builder" and "Full Mission Builder" fall on the pages that seem to be missing pages 63 to 70. Can you steer me to a place to get information on these topics?

rskover

rskover
05-04-2009, 05:51 PM
I'm new to IL 2 and am trying to find an area that would allow me to print the Keyboard shortcuts for IL2 and information on the Quick and Full Mission Builder. I did open the PDF Manual that came with the simulator but the manual only goes to page 45, where as the index for the manual indicates pages going to 87. Unfortunately items like "Quick Mission Builder" and "Full Mission Builder" fall on the pages that seem to be missing pages 63 to 70. Can you steer me to a place to get information on these topics?

rskover

Uufflakke
05-04-2009, 06:10 PM
For the keyboard shortcuts: go to your IL2 folder and in there you see a pdf file called Controls.

About the manual: my last page is nr. 72 (Technical Support).
But there is an online FMB with video tutorials etc. Easier to deal with than the pdf manual.

http://www.il2-fullmissionbuilder.com/index.php

Don't know why you miss the last pages of your manual but here you can d/l it:

http://mission4today.com/index...file=details&id=2491 (http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=2491)

Tully__
05-05-2009, 07:05 AM
Each "page" of the .pdf manual is two pages of the printed manual that it's derived from, page numbers are in the top corners of each page in mine.
My manual contents page lists QMB on page 42 and FMB on page 55, this equates to pages 22 and 28 as Adobe Acrobat counts it.

The information in the manual for FMB is not very easy to follow, I'd recommend you check out a couple of the full mission builder guides that can be found in community run websites. I don't have links handy at the moment by the Useful Links thread at the top of this forum or the helpful dudes in the mission builder forum should be able to point you in the right general direction.

rskover
05-05-2009, 07:39 AM
Thank you very much! These have all been very helpful.

rskover

M_Gunz
05-05-2009, 08:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rskover:

rskover </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You will probably reassign a lot of those hot keys. Some of the prime ones are set for what your stick, throttle
and pedals (or twisty) do. Throw key trim straight onto the arrow keys for starts, and prop pitch on the number keys
along the top. Some of the views on the arrow keys can use sorting, make it work like you do. Make sure any good
keys you set to stick buttons get looked at for other uses now requiring Ctrl, Shft or Alt.
There are also controls without default keys that you may want or need to have assigned.

Set em up like you want and then inside your 1946 folder find the Users sub-folder. Each pilot you have has a
folder of his own with a Settings.ini file that lists all your hot keys --as you have them set--. Edit a copy in
Wordpad (so no danger to the game file), cut out everything else, size the font for easy reading and print your keys.