PDA

View Full Version : About the reticule...

XyZspineZyX
09-06-2003, 07:15 AM
Hi everybody,

I was trying to gueses how does the reticule works... i´ve read several kind of speculations and for that, i couldn´t be able to get a conclusion.

So, how does the reticule works for Rainbow Six 3 for Xbox?

Please, if you can, point the good and/or bad points of it.

That´s it for now. Thank you very much

[]´s

P.S.: Sorry my english mystakes i´m brazilian! =P

XyZspineZyX
09-06-2003, 07:15 AM
Hi everybody,

I was trying to gueses how does the reticule works... i´ve read several kind of speculations and for that, i couldn´t be able to get a conclusion.

So, how does the reticule works for Rainbow Six 3 for Xbox?

Please, if you can, point the good and/or bad points of it.

That´s it for now. Thank you very much

[]´s

P.S.: Sorry my english mystakes i´m brazilian! =P

XyZspineZyX
09-06-2003, 11:53 AM
Hi BopE-Hawk /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
Welcome to the forums, by the way your English is excellent!

Okay I remember when this site first came on-line I wrote a bit about the reticule and how it was to be different.

I wrote:
"The reticule for Rs3 looks the nuts, totally different to GR and CS. As you move the reticule gets smaller(like a dot) to make it harder for you to target someone as you run, then as you stand still or go prone it becomes bigger to make it easier to target enemies. It seems to convey the target area where you can get an accurate hit. Its early and I cant seem to grasp the theory to explain this clearly..... but I'm hoping it'll go someway to combating spray&pray!"

Well I cant even remember where I read that and the more I read it the more I think I was mistaken. I must have got the idea from somewhere though, can anyone clear this up?

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-06-2003, 05:39 PM
Hmm ty!

I´ve read it too.
But.. if it is true, how do i give a headshot? It´s lil wierd isn´t?

:P

Thank you

XyZspineZyX
09-06-2003, 06:55 PM
That is true, the reticule does get smaller the more you move. To explain it easier, a PS2 fanboy can sum it all up with this line "Oh My gosh, Rainbow Six 3 for xbox has AUTO-AIM! HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

XyZspineZyX
09-06-2003, 11:34 PM
BopE-Hawk wrote:
"But.. if it is true, how do i give a headshot?"

Well I guess the red dot in the centre is still where your first shot(single round) will go as it is more accurate, as you go auto the area increases within the reticule.

How this works for aiming on the move with a small dot I have no idea /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-07-2003, 07:38 PM
That´s ok.. thank you all! =)

XyZspineZyX
09-08-2003, 02:20 AM
I think it is supposed to be a sort of auto aim in that the circle indicates the range in which it will activate. Then as the player moves,the scatter of his shots (which could be indicated by a ghost recon style reticule, but isn't here) is assumed and unindicated on the screen. However, auto aim can still be used, but the range for that to activate would have become much smaller. What this does is penalize anyone running in that they cant get auto aim as easily as someone who is still, but will also allow slow, tactical advances with reasonable accuracy.

<center>http://marathon.bungie.org/story/terms/m2/M2.26.1.1.2.gif
[b]FATUM IUSTUM STULTORUM

XyZspineZyX
09-08-2003, 07:45 AM
Oh /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

I hope they give you the option to turn auto aim of, theres no fun if you cant line up a fatal headshot!