PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Saitek Evo Force throttle settings

Box-weasel
01-13-2005, 03:58 PM
I have the Saitek Evo Force stick and every time I start to fly I have to slide the throttle from 0 to 100% to get to use the whole range of throttle settings. Is there a way to set it up so the whole range is available every time?

3.JG51_BigBear
01-13-2005, 08:41 PM
Saitek seem to have a problem with windows XP. I have the cyborg evo and the readme for that stick said that the stick needs to be moved through its range of motion everytime windows restarts so that the computer can "remember" the correct calibration for the stick. Try getting the latest drivers for the stick. Saiteck claims that this fixes the problem. It didn't for me but its worth a shot.

Papa_K
01-13-2005, 11:24 PM
I haven't had that problem, but I have had it get quick transients, where it gives instantaneous large inputs. It also seemed too sensitive, with too large an input, so I'd been changing sensitivity settings. BUT, lately I've been using the settings that were suggested in a recent SimHQ thread:

Normal/default sensitivity curve settings...straight line. Zero the dead band (default if I remember correctly). Set filter to 20% for each axis (two clicks).

It seems good for me so far.

Papa_K

Box-weasel
01-14-2005, 09:59 AM
Thanks guys. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I get those a try.

NORAD_Zooly10
01-14-2005, 11:17 AM
its the same with the rudder, you need to test the stick in the control panel or it goes all the way right