PDA

View Full Version : Watched "We Were Soldiers" Again for the Upteenth Time

Shakthamac
08-20-2007, 09:21 AM
and got motivated to go out and buy Whirlwind Over Vietnam. I couldn't wait to fly some sorties in some Hueys over the Ia Drang valley in 1965. I loaded the game on my machine, fired it up, and was sadly disappointed by it. No mission builder, no online component, no training or tutorials, no single missions... Nothing but a 10 mission campaign. What a piece of ****.

We Were Soldiers = Good
Whirlwind Over Vietnam = Bad

Shakthamac
08-20-2007, 09:21 AM
and got motivated to go out and buy Whirlwind Over Vietnam. I couldn't wait to fly some sorties in some Hueys over the Ia Drang valley in 1965. I loaded the game on my machine, fired it up, and was sadly disappointed by it. No mission builder, no online component, no training or tutorials, no single missions... Nothing but a 10 mission campaign. What a piece of ****.

We Were Soldiers = Good
Whirlwind Over Vietnam = Bad

danjama
08-20-2007, 09:32 AM
agree 100%

Manu-6S
08-20-2007, 09:36 AM
In my opinion it's probably the worst war film I've ever seen... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

stugumby
08-20-2007, 10:38 AM
Not a bad film, in my opinion, just way to much flame from grenades etc, just like windtalkers. havet seen whirlwinds so cant say but i ve heard nothing good about it from local game spot etc.

most continuity errors ive ever seen were in enemy at the gates and the saving private ryan openeing and steamboat willie scenes.

woofiedog
08-20-2007, 10:56 AM
Read the book when it first came out and it's Very Well written.