PDA

View Full Version : Battle of Midway

Nobby310
06-13-2011, 10:03 PM
Greetings Fellow Captains,

Just a quick question here as there are may routes im sure to take for this.

The 1st time I partook in this was just stock verison no mods and 1.4 old skool LOL and caught a TF approx 600 nmi west of Midway. This was Yamamoto's Task Force with the Yamato.

2nd time i came close i didnt even make it because i was having fun in the Coral Sea with TMO and RSRD.

This time.......I took an unusual route.

Running TMO 2 with the "Fall of the Rising Sun" Mod. My question is im attempting to track the "Main Task Force" Now granted in early, its May 29th. I'm in the Midway Docks right now on a save refitting and giving the boys some much needed shore leave and let them stretch their legs and have a few rounds.

Will I find the main carrier task force NW of midway or am i going to have to do some serious plotting and pray to stumble upon them.

Nobby310
06-13-2011, 10:03 PM
Greetings Fellow Captains,

Just a quick question here as there are may routes im sure to take for this.

The 1st time I partook in this was just stock verison no mods and 1.4 old skool LOL and caught a TF approx 600 nmi west of Midway. This was Yamamoto's Task Force with the Yamato.

2nd time i came close i didnt even make it because i was having fun in the Coral Sea with TMO and RSRD.

This time.......I took an unusual route.

Running TMO 2 with the "Fall of the Rising Sun" Mod. My question is im attempting to track the "Main Task Force" Now granted in early, its May 29th. I'm in the Midway Docks right now on a save refitting and giving the boys some much needed shore leave and let them stretch their legs and have a few rounds.

Will I find the main carrier task force NW of midway or am i going to have to do some serious plotting and pray to stumble upon them.

Nobby310
06-14-2011, 01:32 AM
Well so far..........so good far as historically.....Its May 30th, 1942 02:35.....Clouds are over cast, Thunder but no rain, Medium fog and winds are at 7 meters per second aka 15 mph. I'm 179.20 E and 31.0 N.

Just got the notice that attacks on midway are imminent.

Nobby310
06-14-2011, 02:37 AM
Found the 4th Cruiser Div.

3 Maya Class
1 Takao Class
2 Asashio Class Destroyers

Hit one Maya Cruiser........then the game crashed!!!!!!!! go figure. I did take a few screenies how ever for some reason the PC wont open them.......Stupid windows 7 so i'll have to figure something out and see if I can find them again......although i would like to find the carriers instead :P

Wolferz
06-14-2011, 07:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nobby310:
Found the 4th Cruiser Div.

3 Maya Class
1 Takao Class
2 Asashio Class Destroyers

Hit one Maya Cruiser........then the game crashed!!!!!!!! go figure. I did take a few screenies how ever for some reason the PC wont open them.......Stupid windows 7 so i'll have to figure something out and see if I can find them again......although i would like to find the carriers instead :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Windows won't open your screenshots? Use MS Paint. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif