PDA

View Full Version : radio messages?

PoodleMcDoodle
04-04-2005, 04:22 PM
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but I've looked through the forums and read the manual cover to cover several times and still have not found anything.

Anyway, how do I read the radio messages that I receive? The manual mentions the possibility of being given new orders after sending contact/patrol reports. So I send out reports, and then about 15 minutes after I send them my radio operator says "radio message received." So I click on "new contact reports," and it says no new messages received. I figured at this point that checking for new incoming contact reports is not the proper method for reading new radio messages. Is there a way to read these? What's going on?

PoodleMcDoodle
04-04-2005, 04:22 PM
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but I've looked through the forums and read the manual cover to cover several times and still have not found anything.

Anyway, how do I read the radio messages that I receive? The manual mentions the possibility of being given new orders after sending contact/patrol reports. So I send out reports, and then about 15 minutes after I send them my radio operator says "radio message received." So I click on "new contact reports," and it says no new messages received. I figured at this point that checking for new incoming contact reports is not the proper method for reading new radio messages. Is there a way to read these? What's going on?

Johnny_JG2
04-04-2005, 04:25 PM
Yeah, it's pretty silly when the radio operator says "We have recieved a new message sir", yet he won't tell you what the friggin message is.

Press "M" to show the radio messages.

Guidon666
04-04-2005, 04:26 PM
Press the "M" key.

I was missing this too untill I really looked at the keyboard sheet that came with the game.

Traveler2004
04-04-2005, 04:41 PM
Is there any reason to SEND reports? All I ever get is "be more agressive" or "good work". Does sending a report give your position away?

gazs_sub
04-04-2005, 08:53 PM
From my understanding, sending reports is designed to inform the luftwaffe or other kriegsmarine forces of the ships location.

If there is a nearby base/airfield, there is a chance that "we" (as in germany) might get that pesky merchant after all http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

The Gaz

BlueHawk_1
04-04-2005, 09:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gazs_sub:
From my understanding, sending reports is designed to inform the luftwaffe or other kriegsmarine forces of the ships location.

If there is a nearby base/airfield, there is a chance that "we" (as in germany) might get that pesky merchant after all http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gifyea i ahd to figure that out too. One time i was so mad at my radioman and sonarman i wanted to bring them up to the deck and fist fight them! then i would rip the periscope off and hit them with it! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

The Gaz <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>