PDA

View Full Version : ZipException: incorrect data check

Mowog
09-24-2005, 10:04 AM
Normally I wouldn't start a second thread about the same problem, but this time I seem to have found a specific problem. And hey... this is Myst V, I've waited for months, and I'm desparate!

Besides, I tried the one thing I thought might help -- updating my DVD firmware -- but the installation failed again.

The install quits partway through, either at the beginning of or during audio decompression. So I terminated the installation as prompted, checked my Myst V install folder, and found that the SFX and SDL folders are empty.

I know I posted this before, but here's the install log from the latest attempt:

(Sep 24, 2005 10:39:35 AM), Install, com.installshield.product.actions.Files, err, java.util.zip.ZipException: incorrect data check
STACK_TRACE: 16
java.util.zip.ZipException: incorrect data check
at com.installshield.archive.index.ISInflaterInputStr eam.read(Unknown Source)
at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.actions.Files.copy(Unkno wn Source)
at com.installshield.product.actions.Files.copyFileWi thFileService(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.actions.Files.install(Un known Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJava ProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJava ProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.getResultForProd uctAction(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.Installa bleObjectVisitor.visitComponent(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.Installa bleObjectVisitor.visitInstallableComponents(Unknow n Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.Installa bleObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJava ProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJava ProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOpera tion.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Mowog
09-24-2005, 10:04 AM
Normally I wouldn't start a second thread about the same problem, but this time I seem to have found a specific problem. And hey... this is Myst V, I've waited for months, and I'm desparate!

Besides, I tried the one thing I thought might help -- updating my DVD firmware -- but the installation failed again.

The install quits partway through, either at the beginning of or during audio decompression. So I terminated the installation as prompted, checked my Myst V install folder, and found that the SFX and SDL folders are empty.

I know I posted this before, but here's the install log from the latest attempt:

(Sep 24, 2005 10:39:35 AM), Install, com.installshield.product.actions.Files, err, java.util.zip.ZipException: incorrect data check
STACK_TRACE: 16
java.util.zip.ZipException: incorrect data check
at com.installshield.archive.index.ISInflaterInputStr eam.read(Unknown Source)
at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.actions.Files.copy(Unkno wn Source)
at com.installshield.product.actions.Files.copyFileWi thFileService(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.actions.Files.install(Un known Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJava ProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJava ProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.getResultForProd uctAction(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.Installa bleObjectVisitor.visitComponent(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.Installa bleObjectVisitor.visitInstallableComponents(Unknow n Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.Installa bleObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJava ProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJava ProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOpera tion.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Mr Zebe D
09-24-2005, 10:32 AM
Mowog, it doesn't like your java setup by the looks of things.

I suggest that you uninstall all traces of your java runtime environment through add / remove programs then get jre 1.5 update 5 from http://javashoplm.sun.com/ECom/docs/Welcome.jsp?StoreId...&TransactionId=noreg (http://javashoplm.sun.com/ECom/docs/Welcome.jsp?StoreId=22&PartDetailId=jre-1.5.0_05-oth-JPR&SiteId=JSC&TransactionId=noreg)

Heimdall_G
09-24-2005, 11:40 AM
See Myst V install and run errors (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3471054943/m/8551013063) for a bit more detail.

Mowog
09-24-2005, 12:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">See Myst V install and run errors for a bit more detail.

Heimdall </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeah, I'll stay with the original thread. I started this second one only because I'd found a possible cause. Now that we're covering the Java update in the first thread, I'll drop this one.

Thanks.