PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft E3 Press Conference

Murcuseo
06-14-2010, 07:13 AM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/Kilbasasquatch/Capture-Ubi.jpg (http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/ubisoft-e3/?tag=live%3Bpress-conf-list%3Bubisoft%3Btitle)

The picture has a link to Gamespots live feed, it also has a countdown for those sad enough to sit and watch the seconds pass by...

For thos in the UK thats midnight tonight GMT if my time differences are correct... don't rely on that though lol

Murcuseo
06-14-2010, 07:13 AM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/Kilbasasquatch/Capture-Ubi.jpg (http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/ubisoft-e3/?tag=live%3Bpress-conf-list%3Bubisoft%3Btitle)

The picture has a link to Gamespots live feed, it also has a countdown for those sad enough to sit and watch the seconds pass by...

For thos in the UK thats midnight tonight GMT if my time differences are correct... don't rely on that though lol

KZarr
06-14-2010, 07:31 AM
Dammit I'll be sleeping when it starts

Murcuseo
06-14-2010, 03:44 PM
Oops, I lied... it's 1am UK time not midnight... doh

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/Kilbasasquatch/Capture-Ubi1.jpg

TheEpicWolf
06-14-2010, 03:47 PM
So much for an early night xD Gonna stay up to watch http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Murcuseo
06-14-2010, 04:07 PM
IGN.com (http://uk.e3.ign.com/2010/live/) has the best live feed I can find, its a bit stop - start at times but the quality is great

TheEpicWolf
06-14-2010, 04:30 PM
You Tube (http://www.youtube.com/user/E3)

You can watch here, it has no stopping and starting so far. Not sure if Ubi Soft will be shown on there but it seems kinda obvious they would be seeing how it the Spotlight on E3.

SWJS
06-14-2010, 04:45 PM
G4's coverage of the Ubisoft conference starts very soon too.

I'm watching on G4 now.

Fairus60
06-14-2010, 05:08 PM
52 minutes!!! hope they show us some gameplay!!! unless they do it like last year and leave the gameplay for sony´s conference...

PlagueDoctor357
06-14-2010, 05:11 PM
I hope not!! The wait is killing me!!!

phil.llllll
06-14-2010, 06:31 PM
Saw the gameplay trailer. One word: EPIC! Quite literally. Might not have watched it had I known there'd be so many spoilers but I just couldn't ter myself away from it. The wait for Nov is going to be all the harder now.

Murcuseo
06-14-2010, 06:33 PM
Pfft, I don't really know what to say... that was incredible!

*spoiler*

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">The combat system has been radically changed, the fact you can throw 2 handed axes at people certainly adds a level of awesomeness lol

There was virtually none of that 'take a ticket' style of play from ACII.

They ended it a bit abruptly so I'm hoping they'll bring out some more gameplay at the end of the conference, some Mp gameplay hopefully http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif</span>

phil.llllll
06-14-2010, 06:36 PM
Also, I think I saw him use the pistol while swinging the sword with one hand. Nice touch.

nscm
06-14-2010, 06:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phil.llllll:
Also, I think I saw him use the pistol while swinging the sword with one hand. Nice touch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya, I saw that too! He just sliced a guy open then shot him!! Really hope they show more MP gameplay though.

Assassin_Mitch
06-14-2010, 06:43 PM
Yeah it was really great, I hope the news about the beta come out today during the rest of it

Torro747
06-14-2010, 06:54 PM
Can we get a link to all this great information

Murcuseo
06-14-2010, 07:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Torro747:
Can we get a link to all this great information </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a live feed from the press conference, you might have to wait for the gameplay trailer to be uploaded.

There's links to the live feeds already in the topic

Torro747
06-14-2010, 07:03 PM
^^^^Thanks buddy. I have honestly never even heard of G4 or E3 before a few days ago so im behind on this stuff.

TheEpicWolf
06-14-2010, 07:09 PM
All i can say is November cannot come soon enough!!
I was smiling the whole way through just watching Ezio taking out guards as if they were flies it was EPIC!!!
The way they ended it was unexpected though, did not see that coming. Also is it just me or does it seem like the reason Ezio does not wear Altairs armour because it was lost or destroyed(the cloth part of it anyway)

Murcuseo
06-14-2010, 07:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheEpicWolf:
I was smiling the whole way through just watching Ezio taking out guards as if they were flies it was EPIC!!!
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">The way they ended it was unexpected though, did not see that coming. Also is it just me or does it seem like the reason Ezio does not wear Altairs armour because it was lost or destroyed(the cloth part of it anyway)</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Arg, spoilers yo!

Geinref
06-14-2010, 07:14 PM
Dang the intro to this game was freaking awesome, couldn't ask for more. The fighting looks awesome, plus the cool killer kills that ezio does!! Though i sure did miss Patrice on stage explaining how awesome this game was!!

Fairus60
06-14-2010, 07:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheEpicWolf:
The way they ended it was unexpected though, did not see that coming. Also is it just me or does it seem like the reason Ezio does not wear Altairs armour because it was lost or destroyed(the cloth part of it anyway) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I believe it was lost, since that thing was meant to be very powerful to end up destroyed that way, I didnt understood though, how come Cesare got the piece of eden? I guess he took it from Mario... Love how he looks like Altair now!!!

john63
06-14-2010, 08:01 PM
Yeah, I miss patrice too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

SPOILER
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">I think he didn't use the armor because either he couldn't get to it, or put it on quickly enough, bit IDK</span>

The graphics look better, lots of cool additions, I'm pretty happy. I just hope that they didn't rush when working on this game. The ending of AC2 felt rushed and incomplete to me, I don't want a repeat :S

Azugo
06-14-2010, 08:21 PM
Looks like they're using alot of the same animations and sounds from AC2.

Still, looks amazing.

nscm
06-14-2010, 08:24 PM
*Spoiler Talk*

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">I think the armor was most likely destroyed or made unusable, I mean why start a game off already having legendary unbreakable armor? Not that I mind, personally I prefer my assassins in white.</span>

kennyc332
06-14-2010, 09:18 PM
If you watched the E3 footage you would know why he wont be wearing the armor.

skip to about 1:30:30

Geinref
06-14-2010, 09:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If you watched the E3 footage you would know why he wont be wearing the armor.

skip to about 1:30:30 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was about to just mention that lol! That's cool that ubisoft played attention to detail on that one, they knew these questions would be asked.

john63
06-14-2010, 09:44 PM
Ah shoot, you guys are right.

Spoiler

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">the first time i watched it, the armor still looked intact... apparently not http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif</span>

Noccifer
06-14-2010, 09:48 PM
Is it just me or does this just LOOK good? Destruction, environmental stuff. All cool. More elaborate mounted combat. Speed kill system... wait.

I mean really, look closer.

Closer.

Stop.

Do you see the big neon sign that says:

"HEY REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED FROM SANDS OF TIME TO WARRIOR WITHIN? THIS IS LIKE WARRIOR WITHIN."

It's a very subtle note.

Geinref
06-14-2010, 10:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Is it just me or does this just LOOK good? Destruction, environmental stuff. All cool. More elaborate mounted combat. Speed kill system... wait.

I mean really, look closer.

Closer.

Stop.

Do you see the big neon sign that says:

"HEY REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED FROM SANDS OF TIME TO WARRIOR WITHIN? THIS IS LIKE WARRIOR WITHIN."

It's a very subtle note. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm thinking the same thing now that Patrice is gone, I'm wondering if it will change into that. Though don't forget that this team is the same team that did AC 1 and AC 2, while Warrior Within was made by a different ubisoft team (casa blanca) or something, because i remember ubisoft Montreal at that time were working on the pre-production stages of Assassins Creed so they handed the game to another studio:/

I'm hoping the teams don't over do it, and if they mess it up, just blame us, the consumers for the destruction of such an franchise which no matter how awesome the game is, there will always be someone to (censored) about it and demand a huge list of changes. That is what the other half of what happen to Warrior Within (i liked the game though lol)

BTW i'm sorry for getting off topic, though i do like how this game started and i think it will be a good game. I don't know what u guys think but something about the beginning kinda of foreshadows that Ezio might be dieing in the end of the game. What do u guys think?

sanjose_911
06-14-2010, 10:50 PM
Well bravo Ubi, no offense but this looks like 100 times better than the ****ty graphics of AC2. I dont know what they did but if I didnt know then I would say its some completely new engine. Unbelievable graphics.

Geinref
06-14-2010, 11:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Well bravo Ubi, no offense but this looks like 100 times better than the ****ty graphics of AC2. I dont know what they did but if I didnt know then I would say its some completely new engine. Unbelievable graphics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it's the same engine but upgraded I'm assuming since the facial animations look really good!

sanjose_911
06-15-2010, 12:21 AM
Yeah I know its the same but just look at the lightning and everything its just a huge improvement.

IYIooN
06-15-2010, 12:54 AM
Dangg. This game looked so amazing at the E3 conference. Im sooooo Pumped now!

EzioAssassin51
06-15-2010, 02:44 AM
*SPOILERS*

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">OMG! He finally got it on with Caterina! And i like how seeing as the cannonball destroyed all the Villa, it destroys your stuff which is what makes you need to buy all your stuff again! And get rid of Altair's Armour!</span>

Ezio looks a bit different too!

And to answer someone elses Q...

*POSSIBLE SPOILER*

The guns might not kill you, maybe they'll just knock you off the rooftop or hit you in the shoulder as an injury, <span class="ev_code_WHITE">according to the video</span>

Murcuseo
06-15-2010, 02:54 AM
People at E3 will actually have the chance to play the SP and MP at the Ubisoft stand so hopefully we'll see some footage of the MP gameplay soon!!

jimbo11235813
06-15-2010, 03:13 AM
This is the video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db2nU5cBwD0) of the trailer and the demo(-nstration) that they showed during the Ubisoft conference at E3. Sorry about the audio delay. Not sure when the delay starts, but it fixes between 5:00 and 6:00.

Anyway, I loved the demo they showed. Lot more varied gameplay (just hope its not just that part of the game that is varied), and the combat is impressive (more aggressive now).

Xanatos2007
06-15-2010, 03:50 AM
Cannons? Hollywood-style sieges? A semi-automatic pistol? Steryotypical villians? Now they're just getting silly.

Why'd you have to leave, patrice?

EzioAssassin51
06-15-2010, 04:02 AM
What's so bad about it? I actually really like it!

Looks great!

Besides, they made the combat a whole lot better too!

LCGuardian
06-15-2010, 04:07 AM
Yeah, I gotta say, I had my concerns about singleplayer given the short development time and including multiplayer development in that time, but that video was pretty awesome. I'll hold fire on any real conclusions about how good Brotherood will be until we know and see more, but the anticipation just went up a lot of notches.

Mr_Shade
06-15-2010, 04:21 AM
Closing thread at OP's request.

Please post further discussion in one of the other ongoing threads.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif