PDA

View Full Version : *Spoilers* ACII Story Structure Revealed EDIT: New Info

Gazman16
09-28-2009, 06:04 AM
New info on the games structure and it is very exciting, but does spoil the very beginning of the game. More to be revealed in edge, out tomorrow. Cant Wait...

http://www.computerandvideogam...rticle.php?id=224320 (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=224320)

Edit:

I will drop the info in here so you don't have to dig through the topic to find it.

ENJOY!

So got the copy of EDGE today, comes in a lovely ACII Card sleeve, and the inside offers no new screenshots but a whole ton of new info, so here goes...

LOOK AWAY NOW IF YOU DONT WANT THE BEGINING OF THE GAME SPOILED

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Right, I dont really have time to word for word this one so I will sum up, the info is full of holes so if I dont mention it, neither did they.

Ok, so it all starts with Desmond gaining free running ability through the animus "bleeding effect" and then he and Lucy use the Animus to find the last common ancestor of Desmond and Subject 16. This gives you a few moments of controlling a new born baby Ezio. They then escape and go to an Assassins base, where the Animus 2.0 resides (along with Sean Hastings) Desilets notes that they went back to the present too many times in ACI, so instead of jumping back and forth the Animus 2.0 allows you to keep in contact with Lucy and Shaun through audio, allowing both storylines to develop together. Thats all they tell us about that section, now onto Ezio...

You first see Florence through the eyes of a 17 year old Ezio, its the summer of 1476 and you are out walking when Viere de' Pazzi turns up and starts insulting you. A mission select tab "boys will be Boys" pops up and you are asked to accept or decline. The boys throw a rock, which hits Ezio in the face (leaving him with his characteristic lip scar) and a fist fight begins, a tutorial in the basics of combat, including the new ability to grab we saw in the TGS coverage. Frederico (Ezios older brother) turns up to take Ezio to a doctor, but Ezio has no money and so they loot the unconscious boys and go off to the street doctor. Here the article reveals that the health system works like Farcry 2, a series of segments that will recharge if partially full, but when empty will need to be recovered by a doctor visit or health vials. Then your bro Frederico challenges you to a race to a church roof, cue the first free running section (which according to the article is complete with unsure and stumbling animation from Ezio) which should be a great feeling of experiencing Ezio's first rooftop race. Apparently these rooftop races will appear throughout the game as missions. (its worth noting here that individual missions can be replayed as individual memories through the animus database, ie once they are completed they can be selected from the animus menus). Once on the rooftop you are introduced to your first reach high point (which reveals the minimap and icon system) and leap of faith. After this Christina Vespucci is introduced (Ezios ladyfriend) who you get to take to bed through a kind of interactive cutscene, although dont worry about Hot Coffee style scenes, EDGE describes it as "too measured to be considered a QTE". This ends with a chase and evasion through the city, with her fathers guards (oh dear) hot on your heels.

Once safe in the family home Ezio can choose from three missions. The first is collecting feathers from rooftops within a time limit for his younger brother (rewarded with an upgrade) The second comforting your sister Claudia because her beloved has been getting a little too friendly with the courtesans, and so you track him down and teach him a lesson in fist fighting. The third involves your mother, and worried about your headstrong and creative ways, she introduces you to a young painter named Leonardo Da Vinci. Although this mission is a slow walk and talk to his villa and back again, with a box of books in hand, similar to the narrative car journeys in GTA IV.

SPOILERS OVER, NEW FEATURES BELOW

So thats the beginning as they reveal it, now for the rest of the info in the article:

+ Each mission leads into the next one, you might meet a target before he becomes a target and by the time you have to assassinate him you will know all about him, this replaces the investigative sections. The same applies to locations.

+ Blend has been replaced by a fast walk, holding A enables you to quickly escape the scene of a crime, or the gaze of a guard, without breaking cover, or social conventions.

+ Courtesans can surround Ezio as a distraction (as we know) but can also be sent to specific to targets to flirt/dance etc. similar to that seen in the E3 CG trailer.

+ Day night cycle is active during free roaming, but is set during story missions.

+ There is more variety in buildings than in ACI and climbing requires preparation and route planning for the more complicated structures that resemble puzzles.

+ Agile Warrior enemies can easily dodge attacks, brutes attacks are unblockable until they have been tired out and weakened.

+ Ezio can pick up and dispose of bodies.

+ It is now possible with more assassinations to be completely undiscovered, and not be chased.

+ Ezio owns a family villa in the town of Monteriggioni, when you first see it it is ruined, but if you invest money you boost the economy and gain a regular income from the town (ala bruce wayne via fable II) although it is capped to prevent you gaining massive amounts of gold. Pictures of slain targets decorate the walls, and you can also display paintings and weapons bought from shops. The villa also acts as weapon and item storage.

+ Armour degrades in combat and must be repaired at a blacksmith.

+ The hidden blade (broken when you first find it) receives many modifications, including defensive plates for attack deflection and finally the gun.

+ Upgrades are acquired often, and the idea is to keep the player guessing and the rules changing, so you cant get bored.

So thats about it, it gives a pretty clear idea of what kind of game we can expect, with all the best bits of games like GTA and Fable II mixed in with the incredible features and story of AC. I'm off to chew something in anticipation, November cant come soon enough...

Gazman16
09-28-2009, 06:04 AM
New info on the games structure and it is very exciting, but does spoil the very beginning of the game. More to be revealed in edge, out tomorrow. Cant Wait...

http://www.computerandvideogam...rticle.php?id=224320 (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=224320)

Edit:

I will drop the info in here so you don't have to dig through the topic to find it.

ENJOY!

So got the copy of EDGE today, comes in a lovely ACII Card sleeve, and the inside offers no new screenshots but a whole ton of new info, so here goes...

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Right, I dont really have time to word for word this one so I will sum up, the info is full of holes so if I dont mention it, neither did they.

Ok, so it all starts with Desmond gaining free running ability through the animus "bleeding effect" and then he and Lucy use the Animus to find the last common ancestor of Desmond and Subject 16. This gives you a few moments of controlling a new born baby Ezio. They then escape and go to an Assassins base, where the Animus 2.0 resides (along with Sean Hastings) Desilets notes that they went back to the present too many times in ACI, so instead of jumping back and forth the Animus 2.0 allows you to keep in contact with Lucy and Shaun through audio, allowing both storylines to develop together. Thats all they tell us about that section, now onto Ezio...

You first see Florence through the eyes of a 17 year old Ezio, its the summer of 1476 and you are out walking when Viere de' Pazzi turns up and starts insulting you. A mission select tab "boys will be Boys" pops up and you are asked to accept or decline. The boys throw a rock, which hits Ezio in the face (leaving him with his characteristic lip scar) and a fist fight begins, a tutorial in the basics of combat, including the new ability to grab we saw in the TGS coverage. Frederico (Ezios older brother) turns up to take Ezio to a doctor, but Ezio has no money and so they loot the unconscious boys and go off to the street doctor. Here the article reveals that the health system works like Farcry 2, a series of segments that will recharge if partially full, but when empty will need to be recovered by a doctor visit or health vials. Then your bro Frederico challenges you to a race to a church roof, cue the first free running section (which according to the article is complete with unsure and stumbling animation from Ezio) which should be a great feeling of experiencing Ezio's first rooftop race. Apparently these rooftop races will appear throughout the game as missions. (its worth noting here that individual missions can be replayed as individual memories through the animus database, ie once they are completed they can be selected from the animus menus). Once on the rooftop you are introduced to your first reach high point (which reveals the minimap and icon system) and leap of faith. After this Christina Vespucci is introduced (Ezios ladyfriend) who you get to take to bed through a kind of interactive cutscene, although dont worry about Hot Coffee style scenes, EDGE describes it as "too measured to be considered a QTE". This ends with a chase and evasion through the city, with her fathers guards (oh dear) hot on your heels.

Once safe in the family home Ezio can choose from three missions. The first is collecting feathers from rooftops within a time limit for his younger brother (rewarded with an upgrade) The second comforting your sister Claudia because her beloved has been getting a little too friendly with the courtesans, and so you track him down and teach him a lesson in fist fighting. The third involves your mother, and worried about your headstrong and creative ways, she introduces you to a young painter named Leonardo Da Vinci. Although this mission is a slow walk and talk to his villa and back again, with a box of books in hand, similar to the narrative car journeys in GTA IV.

So thats the beginning as they reveal it, now for the rest of the info in the article:

+ Each mission leads into the next one, you might meet a target before he becomes a target and by the time you have to assassinate him you will know all about him, this replaces the investigative sections. The same applies to locations.

+ Blend has been replaced by a fast walk, holding A enables you to quickly escape the scene of a crime, or the gaze of a guard, without breaking cover, or social conventions.

+ Courtesans can surround Ezio as a distraction (as we know) but can also be sent to specific to targets to flirt/dance etc. similar to that seen in the E3 CG trailer.

+ Day night cycle is active during free roaming, but is set during story missions.

+ There is more variety in buildings than in ACI and climbing requires preparation and route planning for the more complicated structures that resemble puzzles.

+ Agile Warrior enemies can easily dodge attacks, brutes attacks are unblockable until they have been tired out and weakened.

+ It is now possible with more assassinations to be completely undiscovered, and not be chased.

+ Ezio owns a family villa in the town of Monteriggioni, when you first see it it is ruined, but if you invest money you boost the economy and gain a regular income from the town (ala bruce wayne via fable II) although it is capped to prevent you gaining massive amounts of gold. Pictures of slain targets decorate the walls, and you can also display paintings and weapons bought from shops. The villa also acts as weapon and item storage.

+ The hidden blade (broken when you first find it) receives many modifications, including defensive plates for attack deflection and finally the gun.

+ Upgrades are acquired often, and the idea is to keep the player guessing and the rules changing, so you cant get bored.

So thats about it, it gives a pretty clear idea of what kind of game we can expect, with all the best bits of games like GTA and Fable II mixed in with the incredible features and story of AC. I'm off to chew something in anticipation, November cant come soon enough...

Firewaterearth
09-28-2009, 06:14 AM
Play him as a baby? Is this a typo? Or can you start your training by assassinating your teddy bears? x)

Xanatos2007
09-28-2009, 06:19 AM
SPOLIERS:
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">I knew the game would take place over several years! I was right again *coughKZaarcough*. I knew it was Ezio or Leo in the trailer saying "30 years ago", I was right again again. And Desmond escapes Abstergo to help the Assassins via a new Animus, I was right again again again (again).

Why am I not surprised?</span>

Account_Deleted
09-28-2009, 06:31 AM
you aren't not the first Xana http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif .
and hasn't this been showed before tho?

Xanatos2007
09-28-2009, 06:35 AM
I was the one who originally came up with those theories long before they were revealed (pre-E3), and they all turned out to be true. Except for the "30 years" thing, somebody beat me to the post... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

But I'm still awesome.

Subject J80
09-28-2009, 06:36 AM
I thought everyone had basically guessed this months ago?

Xanatos2007
09-28-2009, 06:37 AM
*recalls* http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif
Nope, don't think so.

Account_Deleted
09-28-2009, 06:39 AM
@xana,
even tho you consider you are,
yet you have not gone through the trials http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

Xanatos2007
09-28-2009, 06:40 AM
Don't need to. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Anyway, off for the night. Exam tomorrow. </pre>

drfeelgood8849
09-28-2009, 06:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:

Why am I not surprised? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because it wasn't terribly hard to infer in the first place? *shrugs* :/

Account_Deleted
09-28-2009, 06:44 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

moqqy
09-28-2009, 07:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Firewaterearth:
Play him as a baby? Is this a typo? Or can you start your training by assassinating your teddy bears? x) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why would it be a typo? It says play him "briefly" as a new born baby. Probably something like Fallout 3.

Firewaterearth
09-28-2009, 07:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moqqy:

Why would it be a typo? It says play him "briefly" as a new born baby. Probably something like Fallout 3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've never played Fallout 3. But I can only hardly imagine what you're supposed to do as a baby.

Subject J80
09-28-2009, 07:19 AM
This is what was written in that assassins creed beginning thread....it was written in very bad English...but it started about Ezio as a baby....we'll probably see Ezio's birth in a memory in the animus....a real trippy birth scene like Fallout 3...Ezio's first real memory maybe?

the amolang
09-28-2009, 07:20 AM
awesome info! can't wait...

Account_Deleted
09-28-2009, 07:20 AM
Maybe as a fable 2 one,
where as once you grow up everything else grows up,
and during as a kid you can attack but you won't kill you fist fights and stuff...

UchihaKarasu
09-28-2009, 07:25 AM
So wait, if this is going to take place during a time scale of 45 years...then that means were most likely going to see some Savonarola....
which would be awesome!
I would love to actively involved with his downfall because I did not like him....at all!

Subject J80
09-28-2009, 07:34 AM
You want to see Savonarola hung!!

the amolang
09-28-2009, 08:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Firewaterearth:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moqqy:

Why would it be a typo? It says play him "briefly" as a new born baby. Probably something like Fallout 3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've never played Fallout 3. But I can only hardly imagine what you're supposed to do as a baby. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

here is a vid on youtube if you want to see, I just looked it up now. interesting beginning...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC7mP73Jh7s

Subject J80
09-28-2009, 08:57 AM
It's a cool beginning to the game....and I would say that is how you see Ezio....then fast forward to another memory...

KakashiAssassin
09-28-2009, 09:15 AM
to be honest, to me this feels like its speculation, but I guess we'll find out when it gets released http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

NuclearFuss
09-28-2009, 09:31 AM
I don't think we'll actually play as baby Ezio, my guess is it's a cut-scene from Ezio's point of view, and we catch a glimpse of his father going out for an assassination.

Assassin_M
09-28-2009, 09:39 AM
now this sounds about right to me i dont think ubisoft would waste some gameplay time to play with a BABY !!!! i think it`ll only be a cinematic cutscene then his father will know his ability of eagle vision somehow ? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

bornforhaze
09-28-2009, 09:48 AM
It says in that article that when you play as a 17year old boy its a tutorial mission to get used to fighting. So thats confirmed.

PlagueDoctor357
09-28-2009, 10:00 AM
Yeah, probably when his dad gets hung.

I'll kill you for what you have done!

Then it goes to the earlier shot in that same trailer of Ezio drawing his sword.

BAM fight guards off learning to fight, escape....get your suit and the game begins.

That's how I see it playing out anyway.

Firewaterearth
09-28-2009, 10:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by amolang:

I've never played Fallout 3. But I can only hardly imagine what you're supposed to do as a baby. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

here is a vid on youtube if you want to see, I just looked it up now. interesting beginning...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC7mP73Jh7s </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that's pretty cool. I think I know what game I'm getting for christmas this year
( since sadly it won't be AC2).

Plague-Doctor14
09-28-2009, 10:57 AM
&gt;To be honest i dont realy like the idea about playing Ezio as a 45 year old hes quite old, hope this only affects his appernce, you know a beard and so on.! i dont want he starts running slower i would realy like some indepth details on this subject http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif and ezio as a baby, if hes playable thats just wrong!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Big-Boss_777
09-28-2009, 11:07 AM
i hope theres more things desmond can inherit besides the free running and the eagle vision http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif dam assassins creed never fails me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Firewaterearth
09-28-2009, 11:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Plague-Doctor14:
&gt;To be honest i dont realy like the idea about playing Ezio as a 45 year old hes quite old, hope this only affects his appernce, you know a beard and so on.! i dont want he starts running slower i would realy like some indepth details on this subject http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've read this very very often by now. 45 isn't that old, or do you want to lay down in a coffin and just wait after you celebrated your 45th birthday?

Gazman16
09-28-2009, 01:51 PM
Well, I will be picking up EDGE tomorrow, and will post the interesting stuff here. Personally I think its nice to see a game where character development and skill progression will be integrated, I'm sick of seeing characters that fail too develop emotionally in games.

TheEpicWolf
09-28-2009, 01:54 PM
Even if Ezio is 45, im sure after all those years if being an Assassin and free running al over the place he will be i pretty good shape so no real worry about him being too slow http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
Unless he has given up being an Assassin by then.

Xanatos2007
09-28-2009, 02:58 PM
Like I said in another thread, Sam Fisher is 50-something and he's still a badass. Maybe Ezio's the same?

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> @AD & Dr: If it was so easy to guess how come I was the only one who thought of it, eh? </pre>

RipYourSpineOut
09-28-2009, 03:00 PM
I gotta admit, that seems like a great beginning. Hmmm, playground scuffles as fight tutorials..loving it! It does remind me of Fallout 3. Wish I could beat up Butch for trying to steal my Sweetroll &gt;_&gt;.

bladencrowd
09-28-2009, 03:48 PM
"Ezio can invest money to boosts the city's economy and generate a regular income. "

Sounds a lot like Fable 2...

gamerxclutch
09-28-2009, 04:00 PM
so it seems desmond got eagle vision from altair and freerunning from ezio well thats that i think the article is saying

KZarr
09-28-2009, 04:11 PM
who is Savonarola? Am i like the only here that doesn't know every single person that live in Italy during the 1400/1500's http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

MartaVasques
09-28-2009, 04:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KZarr:
who is Savonarola? Am i like the only here that doesn't know every single person that live in Italy during the 1400/1500's http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was a dominican priest with a taste for drama and burning books... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girolamo_Savonarola)

Xanatos2007
09-28-2009, 04:18 PM
Sounds a lot like Jubair al-Hakim to me...

loveboof
09-28-2009, 04:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
I was the one who originally came up with those theories long before they were revealed (pre-E3), and they all turned out to be true. Except for the "30 years" thing, somebody beat me to the post... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

But I'm still awesome. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, those theories were banging around long before you even joined the forums...

drfeelgood8849
09-28-2009, 05:16 PM
@AD & Dr: If it was so easy to guess how come I was the only one who thought of it, eh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif you were just the only one who bothered to say anything.

sm312
09-28-2009, 05:16 PM
Hey so heres more details about that playground fight scene:
http://www.gamedaily.com/games...creed-2-impressions/ (http://www.gamedaily.com/games/assassins-creed-2/pc/game-features/assassins-creed-2-impressions/)
this is just part 1 of 2
and man I'm so hyped for this game a demo won't hurt!
also the credit goes to Assassin_M for the link
and BTW if anyone gets the new EDGE make sure to put it up herehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

UchihaKarasu
09-28-2009, 06:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> You want to see Savonarola hung!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Technically he was burned at the stake http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif
Which is better

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KZarr:
who is Savonarola? Am i like the only here that doesn't know every single person that live in Italy during the 1400/1500's http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In short, he's a ******-muffin
and a less likable version of Silas (I think) form the Da Vinci Code

Pendragon_082
09-28-2009, 06:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UchihaKarasu:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> You want to see Savonarola hung!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Technically he was burned at the stake http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif
Which is better

In short, he's a ******-muffin
and a less likable version of Silas (I think) form the Da Vinci Code </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You did not in fact answer his question regarding his being the only person not knowing historical Italian figures from this time period. In this case, I will answer the question.

No, you aren't alone. I just try to smile and nod... smile and nod...

BleedingEffect3
09-28-2009, 06:28 PM
Uchicha, get corrected! Haha. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

UchihaKarasu
09-28-2009, 06:41 PM
I answered his question on Savonarola, and considering that I am not a non-expert on the Renaissance, I did not deem in necessary to answer his second question

thekyle0
09-28-2009, 07:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UchihaKarasu:
In short, he's a ******-muffin </div></BLOCKQUOTE> It's ironic that you post this on the day my friends decide to make a list of proposterous sounding terms involving the word, "******"

This makes the list! http://media.ubi.com/us/forum_images/gf-glomp.gif

Xanatos2007
09-28-2009, 10:35 PM
******-muffin </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
...I know there's a joke involving muffins & cookies... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

UchihaKarasu
09-28-2009, 10:43 PM
Just found this (http://www.gamedaily.com/games/assassins-creed-2/pc/game-features/assassins-creed-2-impressions/) article.

It confirms subtitles and the fact that some characters speak in Italian. And we also learn the name of Ezio's older brother.

Xanatos2007
09-28-2009, 10:48 PM
It's been found already. (first post on this page by sm312)

UchihaKarasu
09-28-2009, 10:56 PM
Well, now I feel like an idiot http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Xanatos2007
09-28-2009, 10:58 PM
What do you mean "now"? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

Kidding, you probably know more about the Renaissance than Shaun Hastings. (heck, they should've put you in the game... probably cheaper as well)

sm312
09-28-2009, 11:03 PM
It's awesome like just last year I took art and we did Renaissance history(Got the highest grade the test!) and that's why I kind of understand what all of you guys are talking about but not all of it and the credit goes to Assassin_M for finding that article and like how the tutorial is going to work sounds he**a awesome!

DogenzakaSMASH
09-28-2009, 11:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Plague-Doctor14:
&gt;To be honest i dont realy like the idea about playing Ezio as a 45 year old hes quite old, hope this only affects his appernce, you know a beard and so on.! i dont want he starts running slower i would realy like some indepth details on this subject http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif and ezio as a baby, if hes playable thats just wrong!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you joking?
Metal Gear Solid 4 had Solid Snake as an old man, and yet it's one of the most heralded games of this generation. It was awesome, it really gave the game character.

And playing as a baby doesn't sound bad at all.
In fact, it will probably build more connection with the player and Ezio. I think it'd be great.

sm312
09-28-2009, 11:15 PM
So did anyone get Edge (going to sleep in a bit prob not though) I just want to get a answer in the morning instead of asking and waiting later.

sm312
09-29-2009, 12:05 AM
I didn't know where to put this and this is kind of a spoiler: http://www.split-screen.com/20...ced-exotic-mechanic/ (http://www.split-screen.com/2009/09/29/assassins-creed-2-has-one-more-unannounced-exotic-mechanic/)
there's some new mechanic that's yet to be revealed it would be so cool if it's something like a diving suit or some sort of other vehicular transport.
Also those saying the graphics suck download the Sony press conference off PSN and watch it, like I'm doing, or download the walkthrough off the UK PSN and then talk to me and remember it's not the final version!

FROGGEman2
09-29-2009, 02:38 AM
Don't need to. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Anyway, off for the night. Exam tomorrow. </pre> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And our true colours are revealed.

But... that was awesome.

Just the first bit about Desmond. Just hearing it being confirmed.

I think I may have jimped.

Gazman16
09-29-2009, 04:44 AM

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Xanatos2007
09-29-2009, 04:59 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

And the lack of PC delaying info on the official site & widget make it seem like all a ruse... maybe there's hope after all.

If they make this game any better my head is going to explode with awesomeness.

banner420
09-29-2009, 05:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazman16:

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

So thats about it, it gives a pretty clear idea of what kind of game we can expect, with all the best bits of games like GTA and Fable II mixed in with the incredible features and story of AC. I'm off to chew something in anticipation, November cant come soon enough... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the best way ive seen it..thanx

cgdemon894
09-29-2009, 05:22 AM
lol omg is christina vespucci related to amerigo vespucci a man who happens to live in the same period and region. America is named after him.

Subject J80
09-29-2009, 05:36 AM
How come so much information on the start of the game is coming out so soon before release?

DeSabellis
09-29-2009, 06:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zabrak94:
lol omg is christina vespucci related to amerigo vespucci a man who happens to live in the same period and region. America is named after him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He worked for the Medici family in Florence, Italy and in Seville, Spain as well. It's plausible that she is his sister, but I don't think he had any kids.

Edit: I hope the health system doesn't become too tedious.

ForsakenMessiah
09-29-2009, 06:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zabrak94:
lol omg is christina vespucci related to amerigo vespucci a man who happens to live in the same period and region. America is named after him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A lot of people think America was named after him, but it wasnt, it was named after a welsh man called Richard Ameryk. he was a very rich merchant in Bristol, England where i am from.

FROGGEman2
09-29-2009, 06:25 AM
At first I was worried that UbiMon weren't truly capable of dramatic storytelling... boy, was I wrong.

the amolang
09-29-2009, 06:26 AM
sweet new info. good job gleaning this stuff!

oh and btw, see guys, I was right when I said we shouldn't expect the villa to be in Florence, even though Ezio is from Florence doesn't mean he lives there!

And the beginning sounds really interesting. Its a nice idea adding in the life experiences lead to certain skills. I like it a lot more than just telling you how to do it. It makes it more immersive and realistic

banner420
09-29-2009, 06:39 AM
i 2 like the idea of things happening to learn stuff and the skills not just be there

Coolgerb
09-29-2009, 06:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jaybyrne10:
How come so much information on the start of the game is coming out so soon before release? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably because either Edge payed them a HUGE sum of money, or because they promised to give a certain 10/10.

I doubt the 2nd one however, as this game is sure to receive a lot of extremely high grades.

Gazman16
09-29-2009, 07:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coolgerb:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jaybyrne10:
How come so much information on the start of the game is coming out so soon before release? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably because either Edge payed them a HUGE sum of money, or because they promised to give a certain 10/10.

I doubt the 2nd one however, as this game is sure to receive a lot of extremely high grades. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why would EDGE pay them money? Thats the opposite of the way games journalism works...

I assume its because they have pretty good relations with Patrice, having been onto his talent way back when he did sands of time.

Plus the article is actually pretty skeptical in tone...

EDIT: The article doesn't say anything about a vespucci brother, but it does mention her father...

UchihaKarasu
09-29-2009, 07:06 AM
What do you mean "now"? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

Kidding, you probably know more about the Renaissance than Shaun Hastings. (heck, they should've put you in the game... probably cheaper as well) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, I'd probably have the same sarcastic attitude though Desmond would probably wonder why they had some kid (well, not really) telling him about the Renaissance XD

Gazman16
09-29-2009, 07:10 AM
Monteriggioni is small but perfectly formed...

http://www.comune.monteriggioni.si.it/modules/My_eGallery/gallery/brunobruchi/04.jpg

Subject J80
09-29-2009, 07:12 AM
The game must have a lot up its sleeve if they are willing to give out so much of the start of the game....I did like the way Corey May (scriptwriter) said that the story takes a lot of dark twists....I really think AC2 will get amazing reviews...

I mean there just seems to be so much going on it the new game...Patrice and Ubi really have backed up there bullsh*t...

DeSabellis
09-29-2009, 07:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazman16:
EDIT: The article doesn't say anything about a vespucci brother, but it does mention her father... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A lot of details about his life were murky. Quiet frankly, the only way you could find out is to read through the Vespucci papers- a quick search on the internet will reveal that there is no solid proof that he had kids. However, it was a large family that branched out, so he could have plenty of sisters or cousins. Maybe in the game they made her his daughter, but I still can't find anything that really says it was true.

EDIT: If they were brother and sister, they would have a common father, and their father Nastagio Vespucci was involved in banking amongst other things. Besides, Amerigo spent a lot of time traveling and spent a portion of his life in Spain with various business ventures.

the amolang
09-29-2009, 08:04 AM
this game is getting more amazing the more I read about it, and it seems a lot bigger too. right now the game sounds like a pretty huge package!

P459
09-29-2009, 08:22 AM
Monteriggioni is small but perfectly formed...

http://www.comune.monteriggioni.si.it/modules/My_eGallery/gallery/brunobruchi/04.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now we can try to figure out which house will be his/ours! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

sm312
09-29-2009, 08:44 AM
This game is turning out to be a masterpiece!
I'm so hyped for this game!

bornforhaze
09-29-2009, 09:51 AM
Loved the summary you wrote.

PlagueDoctor357
09-29-2009, 09:58 AM
Buddy, you thought UbiMon couldn't write good stories?

I mean, AC1 has amazing writing in lots of places.

Memory block six, and the chat with king richard, and the last memory block all are amazing.

Hurri211
09-29-2009, 11:02 AM
So is this Monteriggioni going to be like the new Masyaf?

banner420
09-29-2009, 12:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hurri211:
So is this Monteriggioni going to be like the new Masyaf? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i bet so and i bet there will be every kinda shop in there

RipYourSpineOut
09-29-2009, 02:15 PM
The beginning sounds absolutely great. Nice way to know how Ezio gets the scar. The stumbling animations sound great http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif. KNEW THERE HAD TO BE AN INTERACTIVE BED SCENE http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif. Ezio, you pimp. Running away from her father's guards sound great too xD.

banner420
09-29-2009, 02:17 PM
the bed scence may be one of those where u got interact at the rite time or ull end up on the floor http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

thekyle0
09-29-2009, 02:19 PM
So is it failure or success that lands you on the floor? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

banner420
09-29-2009, 02:22 PM
lol maybe both http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif but i was referring to it as a failure

sm312
09-29-2009, 02:38 PM
So you get to take your girl for a *ride* because I am kind of lost but that whole start up thing sounds awesome can't wait!

thekyle0
09-29-2009, 06:59 PM
I think I'll only let Desmond walk and climb slowly just to spite his accomplishment. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

sm312
09-29-2009, 07:02 PM
That's messed up and funny at the same time!

PlagueDoctor357
09-29-2009, 08:39 PM
Ezio being unsure about climbing sounds AWESOME!!!

Also, for the baby we'll probably just be getting some story part we don't understand till later in the game from his parents or something.

banner420
09-29-2009, 08:48 PM
i rly dont think wel play as the bby..what are we gonna do climb up the baby bed

Xanatos2007
09-29-2009, 09:00 PM
The beginning will probably be something like this. (http://askalty.smackjeeves.com/comics/386146/daddy-altair-2/) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
(just replace it with "banker")

An_Idea
09-29-2009, 09:14 PM
ohhh man now im really sorry for PC gamers. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif this game gets better with every news update.
i think you will be able to play as a baby, but just like fallout3, cept not as a newborn.

i like the idea of listening to something your parents say and having an effect later in the story. i could just imagine it. a 1 year old ezio crawling around and he wanders by his parents room and you overhear them arguing about some family that they offended or something and it turns out thats who kills them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

banner420
09-29-2009, 09:16 PM
yea that could be cool

the amolang
09-29-2009, 10:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sm312:
Hey so heres more details about that playground fight scene:
http://www.gamedaily.com/games...creed-2-impressions/ (http://www.gamedaily.com/games/assassins-creed-2/pc/game-features/assassins-creed-2-impressions/)
this is just part 1 of 2
and man I'm so hyped for this game a demo won't hurt!
also the credit goes to Assassin_M for the link
and BTW if anyone gets the new EDGE make sure to put it up herehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wonder when part two comes out... they said some time this week... but when this week!?! I need to know! so much good info is coming out now, and I'm becoming greedy, I'm always wanting more http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

banner420
09-29-2009, 10:42 PM
yea i want the new info 2..i demand more

An_Idea
09-29-2009, 10:44 PM
i want a time machine to go to nov. 17th. i guess scribblenauts is keepin me busy for a bit but itll run out and ill get ****ed at the controls

sm312
09-29-2009, 10:46 PM
Yeah more info!!! For the Creed!!

An_Idea
09-29-2009, 10:48 PM
just reminded me of the awesome ad for AC1 where it says "for these are the assassins, and this was their creed." AC1 had one of the most brilliant ad campaigns i have ever seen. props the firm that did it.

banner420
09-29-2009, 10:49 PM
this forum and codwaw and ac1 is the only thing helping pass time but im getting irritated http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

An_Idea
09-29-2009, 10:51 PM
hahaha same here. AC1, Maplestory :P and this forum have kinda run out of distractions. well not AC1, that never will but still. i want the game. and i finished batman AA (alcoholics anonymous :P) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif i want AC2

banner420
09-29-2009, 11:01 PM
im glad i found this forum or else i would have had to mentally block out ac2 so i wouldnt notice the eternity passing by

An_Idea
09-29-2009, 11:02 PM
bahahaha this forum is always up to date tho. always has the most recent info. i love ithttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

banner420
09-29-2009, 11:14 PM
yep...i had no clue about nething to do with ac2 untill i found it here

An_Idea
09-29-2009, 11:19 PM
hahaha i love this forum so useful

the amolang
09-29-2009, 11:23 PM
wow you guys are posting a lot http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

An_Idea
09-29-2009, 11:24 PM
im trying to avoid studying for my spanish test http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

banner420
09-29-2009, 11:26 PM
yep but it makes me want the game so much more

An_Idea
09-29-2009, 11:27 PM
mhmmmm i keep watching the florence gameplay vid. so cool http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

banner420
09-29-2009, 11:34 PM
which one is that??

An_Idea
09-29-2009, 11:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqhSO5rV7rY

so beautiful http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

banner420
09-29-2009, 11:43 PM
so what is the red sheath lookin thing hanging on his right side?

Stevenk614
09-29-2009, 11:44 PM
I say bring it all on! even if this isnt to the T, this still sounds off the chain...

An_Idea
09-29-2009, 11:49 PM
im not sure. 0.o still watchin that vid makes me want the game so much.

well id better be gettin to bed soon. gotta cram for a test tommorow morning.

banner420
09-29-2009, 11:51 PM
ok idea great talking..ima ponder on what that red thing is

An_Idea
09-29-2009, 11:52 PM
peace XD

sm312
09-29-2009, 11:53 PM
Haha I had a Spanish test today and like I check this forum every 20 mins for new info also all the food stuff happens either when I'm sleeping or school http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

banner420
09-29-2009, 11:59 PM
guilty i check this forum alot 2 lol

Gazman16
09-30-2009, 01:44 AM
off topic in my own topic.

There is one thing that will ease the wait till ACII.

BRUTAL LEGEND

now I just need to wait for that to come out...

Some more days to spend researching Italian towns I guess...

bladencrowd
09-30-2009, 04:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by banner420:
guilty i check this forum alot 2 lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

175 posts in 2 days? That's a record, right?

Xanatos2007
09-30-2009, 04:35 AM
And I thought I was a frequent poster. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

thekyle0
09-30-2009, 04:40 AM
That red thing at his side is end of his sash. Part of his belt is a red piece of cloth wrapped around his waist. It's tied at his side so the length that is left over is hanging down.

the amolang
09-30-2009, 04:46 AM
And I thought I was a frequent poster. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was thinking that too... even though I don't post that much now that I think about it...

I think they need a break, have you heard of fresh air? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Xanatos2007
09-30-2009, 04:59 AM
The cool night air... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sleepzzz.gif

Coolgerb
09-30-2009, 08:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coolgerb:

I doubt the 2nd one however, as this game is sure to receive a lot of extremely high grades. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why would EDGE pay them money? Thats the opposite of the way games journalism works...

I assume its because they have pretty good relations with Patrice, having been onto his talent way back when he did sands of time.

Plus the article is actually pretty skeptical in tone...

EDIT: The article doesn't say anything about a vespucci brother, but it does mention her father... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The reason is simple, and it happens a lot.

It's an extremely anticipated game, so early details like this will sell magazines like hell.

Account_Deleted
09-30-2009, 08:32 AM
This is how marketing i believe works with journalism. Edge in this case.

Producers give magazines information the would sell and produce a lot of money * as Coolgerb said* and in return, they get some publicity and some profit/share of the money from the magazines *Edge*

z0nnebril
09-30-2009, 10:39 AM
love the beginning http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif but I hate the fact that we have to play the game with a 40+ guy with a beard! I want to play with a young assasin http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

ninenox
09-30-2009, 11:36 AM
i would never guess theres was another animus

z0nnebril
09-30-2009, 12:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ninenox:
i would never guess theres was another animus </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

even a better one, becouse Ezio can now have contact with the real world while he is in the Animus http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

banner420
09-30-2009, 12:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by z0nnebril:
love the beginning http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif but I hate the fact that we have to play the game with a 40+ guy with a beard! I want to play with a young assasin http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

true i dont wanna play with some old man with a beard eaither..it probly wont effect the gameplay but idk just seeing a old man running up walls and jumping is wierd..and also the beard better be able to be cut

NuclearFuss
09-30-2009, 12:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by z0nnebril:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ninenox:

even a better one, becouse Ezio can now have contact with the real world while he is in the Animus http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, he can't. Desmond can. Ezio is dead. Like really dead.

z0nnebril
09-30-2009, 12:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sackboy411:

even a better one, becouse Ezio can now have contact with the real world while he is in the Animus http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, he can't. Desmond can. Ezio is dead. Like really dead. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just do not so clever, you know what I mean!

banner420
09-30-2009, 12:50 PM
be kinda wierd if ezio could come to life bcus of the animus..and does nebody think desmond will gain a new ability at the end in this one like eagle vision in ac1

NuclearFuss
09-30-2009, 12:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sackboy411:

No, he can't. Desmond can. Ezio is dead. Like really dead. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just do not so clever, you know what I mean! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Justin-x
09-30-2009, 03:10 PM
Ok this is weird, but yet very smexy

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com...-dirtier-than-it-is/ (http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/09/30/assassins-creed-2-sex-first-hand-impressions-which-sounds-dirtier-than-it-is/)

banner420
09-30-2009, 03:15 PM
lol what mom says is pretty funnny cant wait for that lol

An_Idea
09-30-2009, 03:17 PM
hahahaha, fable 2's sex scenes were funny. or well the sex sounds

sm312
09-30-2009, 03:33 PM
Ok new preview at kotaku.com
Also lots of new info just go to Machinma's Twitter and the links are there!!

BtW seriously sorry for no links on phone and at school

banner420
09-30-2009, 04:36 PM
http://kotaku.com/5371061/hand...io-kart-and-dicaprio (http://kotaku.com/5371061/hands-on-with-assassins-creed-ii-mario-kart-and-dicaprio)

thats the link for the new info

bladencrowd
09-30-2009, 04:41 PM
Rampaging mercenaries capable of slaying unarmed citizens? Looks like thekyle's coup may actually be possible.

banner420
09-30-2009, 04:43 PM
i guess the mercenaries decided that since there paid they can go ahead and slash the crowd..maybe while you were shopping the crowd got to close and mercenaries got mad

An_Idea
09-30-2009, 07:27 PM
hehehehe i wanna poison one so he goes crazy. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

banner420
09-30-2009, 07:28 PM
hell yea the posison is gonna be fun

An_Idea
09-30-2009, 07:34 PM
im gunna try to poison as many people as possible, get onto a rooftop and watch my puppets dance http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

banner420
09-30-2009, 07:38 PM
hell yeah go ina crowd and poison alot and then watch everyone kill each other and the ppl you didnt poison you could throw coins down and watch them try to get them and get slashed

An_Idea
09-30-2009, 07:40 PM
hehehehe this game can be cruel. ima try that as soon as i can

banner420
09-30-2009, 07:45 PM
me 2 for sure

An_Idea
09-30-2009, 07:46 PM
i wish the smoke bombs were bigger tho, actually surrounded the player, not just the ground, or are they tear gas or something like that...

banner420
09-30-2009, 07:56 PM
one of the videos shows there being different sizes of smoke bombs so maybe the biggest room will be a giant cloud of smoke..and i think its just smoke not tear gas

the amolang
09-30-2009, 08:06 PM
I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but here is part two of the gamedaily article on assassin's creed...

http://www.gamedaily.com/games...-impressions-part-2/ (http://www.gamedaily.com/games/assassins-creed-2/xbox-360/game-features/assassins-creed-2-impressions-part-2/)

Xanatos2007
09-30-2009, 08:20 PM
I the E3 demo and in a few screenshots it shows the guards choking on the smoke, so i think it will affect their respiratory system a bit.

banner420
09-30-2009, 09:12 PM
like smoke woul do..and thanx for the part 2 even tho everything they said in there we have already known today lol

An_Idea
09-30-2009, 09:15 PM
hmm. well if the gas was tear gas or mustard gas it would explain why it only covers the ground, but then ezio would need a gas mask....

banner420
09-30-2009, 09:17 PM
true lol but y call it a smoke bomb if its tear gas..did they have tear gas back then??

the amolang
09-30-2009, 09:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by banner420:
like smoke woul do..and thanx for the part 2 even tho everything they said in there we have already known today lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ya nothing was really new, but at least it will help us pass the time...

banner420
09-30-2009, 09:21 PM
yea the 2 minutes it took me to read it and how ever long it gets discussed

An_Idea
09-30-2009, 09:23 PM
i want new info http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif
well xanax is going to the meeting so we should get a bit more info.

banner420
09-30-2009, 09:27 PM
thats good..when is the meeting?

An_Idea
09-30-2009, 10:00 PM
uhhhhhhh when is it xanax? sometime this week right. its in Sydney apparently http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif and even if i lived there im underage and cant go http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

banner420
09-30-2009, 10:05 PM
i wish i could go lol im 18 so i could stroll in lol..and you dont gotta be 18 to buy a m game you gotta be 17 so maybe if your 17 then you could go

the amolang
09-30-2009, 10:08 PM
yea the 2 minutes it took me to read it and how ever long it gets discussed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, exactly. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

An_Idea
09-30-2009, 10:11 PM
well xanax told me i had to be 18+ and live by sydney. im only 15 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

banner420
09-30-2009, 10:12 PM
which i dont think will be long cus we already knew it and have been talking about it lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif they need to make a part 3 now

Xanatos2007
09-30-2009, 10:19 PM
The meeting is next Tuesday. I'm not over 18 yet either, but I'll manage to get in. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/verkleidung/costumed-smiley-049.gif
(I'll pay a couple of ******s to distract the guards http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif)

banner420
09-30-2009, 10:21 PM
hopefuly you can and use you phone to sneek some vids lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif and pm them to some of us so you want get in trouble lol...jk ubi http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif but rly

the amolang
09-30-2009, 10:49 PM
The meeting is next Tuesday. I'm not over 18 yet either, but I'll manage to get in. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/verkleidung/costumed-smiley-049.gif
(I'll pay a couple of ******s to distract the guards http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nice but now ubi knows there will be a guy with ******s and ninja clothes there that is underage. you really should be more low key about these things xanatos! tut tut...

banner420
09-30-2009, 11:00 PM
lol well first they gotta find the ninja ninja

Xanatos2007
10-01-2009, 12:10 AM
It was all a joke... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif
<span class="ev_code_WHITE"><pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Don't blow my cover! </pre></span>

the amolang
10-01-2009, 12:19 AM
OF COURSE IT WAS A JOKE!!! HAHAHA AS IF ANYONE COULD TAKE IT SERIOUSLY! THE WHOLE IDEA OF IT MAKES ME LAUGH!!!

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">I think I got them off your trail for now... lol</span>

banner420
10-01-2009, 12:29 AM
lol i think so

NoxieDC
10-01-2009, 02:02 AM
I couldn't resist. But hell yeah! Kaxen was right http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Xanatos2007
10-01-2009, 03:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NoxieDC:
I couldn't resist. But hell yeah! Kaxen was right http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

killermoneytree
10-01-2009, 04:29 AM
this conversation never happened....what conversation? exactly...

the amolang
10-01-2009, 09:03 AM
Here are a few small tidbits that I got from the Gamerzine online magazine that was just released. Not a lot of new stuff but here are some new(ish) points (some have been hinted at or are kind of obvious)oh and there are some minor spoilers...

Here we go:
- The game begins right after AC1 with Desmond looking at the red text on the walls and floors. Lucy comes in all bloody trying to get you into the animus (not new but I thought I would share the bloody description http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif)
- There will be a short prologue for those that haven't played the first AC
- First memory is a graphic birth and eventually it asks you to wiggle Ezio's arms and legs
- Not only is your father and brother (I repeat brother in a singular sense!)hanged, but also a close FRIEND is hanged. Unlike the thought of your father and two brothers...
-It says we are able to "shape" the character (Ezio), but it doesn't really say how. whether they just mean the clothes and armor I am not sure. Ah! It seems to say that different upgrades will modify Ezio's abilities! I guess heavier armor will cause him to move slower and he will be less agile and stuff like that...
- Each weapon has different values for speed, damage and deflection and armor increases Ezio's health...
- To make money you will be able to loot dead soldiers, find treasure chests or INVESTING IN BUSINESSES

Those seem to be the biggest points. I was hoping for some more new stuff but a couple of these things are interesting... the investments and modifying of the abilities with new upgrades. The most shocking thing was the death of your friend, I(we) thought it was just your brothers but it seems we were wrong...

oh and here is a link if you would like to download the mag yourself (its free):
http://www.gamerzines.com/
its the xbox 360 mag...

Assassin_M
10-01-2009, 09:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by amolang:
Here are a few small tidbits that I got from the Gamerzine online magazine that was just released. Not a lot of new stuff but here are some new(ish) points (some have been hinted at or are kind of obvious)oh and there are some minor spoilers...

Here we go:
- The game begins right after AC1 with Desmond looking at the red text on the walls and floors. Lucy comes in all bloody trying to get you into the animus (not new but I thought I would share the bloody description http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif)
- There will be a short prologue for those that haven't played the first AC
- First memory is a graphic birth and eventually it asks you to wiggle Ezio's arms and legs
- Not only is your father and brother (I repeat brother in a singular sense!)hanged, but also a close FRIEND is hanged. Unlike the thought of your father and two brothers...
-It says we are able to "shape" the character (Ezio), but it doesn't really say how. whether they just mean the clothes and armor I am not sure. Ah! It seems to say that different upgrades will modify Ezio's abilities! I guess heavier armor will cause him to move slower and he will be less agile and stuff like that...
- Each weapon has different values for speed, damage and deflection and armor increases Ezio's health...
- To make money you will be able to loot dead soldiers, find treasure chests or INVESTING IN BUSINESSES

Those seem to be the biggest points. I was hoping for some more new stuff but a couple of these things are interesting... the investments and modifying of the abilities with new upgrades. The most shocking thing was the death of your friend, I(we) thought it was just your brothers but it seems we were wrong...

oh and here is a link if you would like to download the mag yourself (its free):
http://www.gamerzines.com/
its the xbox 360 mag... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude when its downloaded it says file unrepairable

PlagueDoctor357
10-01-2009, 10:20 AM
14 colors and the ability to rock guards off of gondolas!!

NoxieDC
10-01-2009, 11:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NoxieDC:
I couldn't resist. But hell yeah! Kaxen was right http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Desmond running (http://www.smackjeeves.com/images/uploaded/comics/d/0/d0d1ba517974.jpg) (which everyone guessed)
How Ezio learned to parkour (http://www.smackjeeves.com/images/uploaded/comics/f/7/f7c8228f8223.jpg)

Xanatos2007
10-01-2009, 06:53 PM
Ah, right.

thekyle0
10-01-2009, 07:08 PM
This may seem nit picky but that Kotaku article had a rhetorical grammar error in it. It said, "...presentation of the upcoming title by Patrice Desilets and his beard". Two things listed ajacently should go in decending order or importance. "...presentation of the upcoming title by Patrice Desilets' beard and himself".

Patrice even eluded to it himself in one of the E3 interviews. "I thought of Assassin's Creed while I was in the shower - interesting fact, I read that the hot water stimulates the neurons <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">in my beard.</pre>" He whispered it so you may not have heard it.

UchihaKarasu
10-01-2009, 07:13 PM
You know, I get a lot of cool ideas while in the shower

thekyle0
10-01-2009, 07:15 PM
That's because you don't have a beard to leech them all.

Xanatos2007
10-01-2009, 07:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekyle0:
That's because you don't have a beard to leech them all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
As far as you know. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

bladencrowd
10-01-2009, 07:23 PM
You know, I get a lot of dirty ideas "http://media.ubi.com/us/forum_images/gf-glomp.gif" while in the shower </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Keep it clean Uchiha http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif.

thekyle0
10-01-2009, 07:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bladencrowd:
Keep it clean Uchiha http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> That's why she's in the shower. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

You have to wash away the bad thoughts somehow.

UchihaKarasu
10-01-2009, 07:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bladencrowd:
You know, I get a lot of dirty ideas "http://media.ubi.com/us/forum_images/gf-glomp.gif" while in the shower </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Keep it clean Uchiha http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, cookies for you!

thekyle0
10-01-2009, 07:49 PM
That may not have been a wise move Uchiha. You've just given me an underling in my cookie-napping shenanigans.

bladencrowd
10-01-2009, 07:52 PM

Keep it clean Uchiha http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, cookies for you! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/fighting/fighting0028.gif

UchihaKarasu
10-01-2009, 08:29 PM
http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/fighting/fighting0028.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BRING IT!!!!
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/UchihaKarasu/grab117615.jpg

EmperorxZurg
10-01-2009, 08:35 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif "I'm a lEAD FARMER!!

I shall protect you Bladen!
http://images.askmen.com/entertainment/movie/max-payne_1.jpg

Xanatos2007
10-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Looks like it's up to me...

Party's over!
http://upload.worldofplayers.de/files3/vlcsnap-207567.png

sm312
10-01-2009, 08:45 PM
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l172/fonso666/x-men-origins-wolverine-20090304063.jpg

UchihaKarasu
10-01-2009, 08:49 PM
Looks like it's up to me...

Party's over!
http://upload.worldofplayers.de/files3/vlcsnap-207567.png </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

....hm...
well damn....

Xanatos2007
10-01-2009, 08:54 PM
I was going to post the Chuck Norris pic with him holing two Uzis, but nothing can beat an Assassin with a gun. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

So back on topic... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

SBRedFlag
10-01-2009, 08:59 PM
So whoever thought that the lip scar was just a projection of desmond's face was wrong...

Also, since you have the option of accepting or declining the fight, that might explain why we don't see the lip scar in some of the pictures...

UchihaKarasu
10-01-2009, 08:59 PM
I was going to post the Chuck Norris pic with him holing two Uzis, but nothing can beat an Assassin with a gun. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

So back on topic... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, if you had put Chuck Norris, I would have put Bruce Lee XD

On-Topic:
I guess the lip injury is one of those "opps" that run through the family http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

DogenzakaSMASH
10-01-2009, 09:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekyle0:
This may seem nit picky but that Kotaku article had a rhetorical grammar error in it. It said, "...presentation of the upcoming title by Patrice Desilets and his beard". Two things listed ajacently should go in decending order or importance. "...presentation of the upcoming title by Patrice Desilets' beard and himself".

Patrice even eluded to it himself in one of the E3 interviews. "I thought of Assassin's Creed while I was in the shower - interesting fact, I read that the hot water stimulates the neurons <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">in my beard.</pre>" He whispered it so you may not have heard it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kotaku is great for general gaming news, but you've got to learn that they are absolutely pitiful at their grammatical errors. It's an embarassment that they consider journalism their CAREERS and yet they make the most careless mistakes and don't even edit them.

An_Idea
10-01-2009, 09:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif "I'm a lEAD FARMER!!

I shall protect you Bladen!
http://images.askmen.com/entertainment/movie/max-payne_1.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i believe mark whalberg beats all, even ezio http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

and i think kotaku is a useful site...

the amolang
10-01-2009, 09:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by An_Idea:
and i think kotaku is a useful site... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. I like Kotaku for quick updates. I like their type and large font. It makes it easy to read when I'm tired http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

An_Idea
10-01-2009, 09:52 PM
haha yep. or when im to lazy to sit at my desk so im in ma bed, the large font helps a lot XD

PlagueDoctor357
10-02-2009, 01:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sbredflag:
So whoever thought that the lip scar was just a projection of desmond's face was wrong...

Also, since you have the option of accepting or declining the fight, that might explain why we don't see the lip scar in some of the pictures... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im pretty sure that's just the angle on the screenshots and what not.

He probably throws the rock at you before the option to fight or not.

Xanatos2007
10-02-2009, 01:42 AM
No, in some pics Ezio doesn't have his lip scar:
These two (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/9571020567/p/22) (posted by UchihaKarasu, Ezio's also missing his gun, indicating that that's not the cross from the E3 CGI trailer)
This one as well. (http://www.wallpaperez.net/wallpaper/games/Assassins-Creed-2-1942.jpg)

Either it's a mistake by the artist(s) or it's Giovanni(sp?) (Ezio's father).

Gazman16
10-02-2009, 03:12 AM
No, in some pics Ezio doesn't have his lip scar:
These two (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/9571020567/p/22) (posted by UchihaKarasu, Ezio's also missing his gun, indicating that that's not the cross from the E3 CGI trailer)
This one as well. (http://www.wallpaperez.net/wallpaper/games/Assassins-Creed-2-1942.jpg)

Either it's a mistake by the artist(s) or it's Giovanni(sp?) (Ezio's father). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The decline accept thing is there for every mission, it doesn't mean do it, don't do it, it means start the mission, or walk around some more, so you definitely get the lip scar either way, I think its maybe just an issue in the art, all the in game images seem to have a scar...

SBRedFlag
10-02-2009, 04:47 AM
If you decline, it won't happen though. It's not going to keep petering you, is it?

FROGGEman2
10-02-2009, 06:46 AM

Patrice even eluded to it himself in one of the E3 interviews. "I thought of Assassin's Creed while I was in the shower - interesting fact, I read that the hot water stimulates the neurons <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">in my beard.</pre>" He whispered it so you may not have heard it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's funny, because that interview was in french.

I didn't know you could speak french, kyle!

banner420
10-02-2009, 01:15 PM
y decline tho..that would be stupid imo cus i wanna do every little thing in this game

thekyle0
10-02-2009, 01:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FROGGEman2:
That's funny, because that interview was in french.

I didn't know you could speak french, kyle! </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Subtitles. I speak very little french; what I do know I can't even pronounce right.

y decline tho..that would be stupid imo cus i wanna do every little thing in this game </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Consider this; what you didn't know the details of the mission prior to a description of it or through a dialogue explaining it? Wouldn't you like to be able to decline it so that you can go prepare yourself better? I think there's a magazine that somebody quoted saying that certain types of armor will affect Ezio's mobility. If were wearing really heavy armor and then mission would require you to be light on your feet, wouldn't you like the chance to effeciently equip youself before being forced into the mission?

banner420
10-02-2009, 02:31 PM
true but i hope they dont make the armor effect your mobility and abilities orast make the metal armor light cus thats what ima use when i can

thekyle0
10-02-2009, 02:41 PM
I would probably use the light armor most of the time as well. I do like the feature, but it seems less expensive and more convenient to hire some mercenaries to do the fighting for me.

banner420
10-02-2009, 04:16 PM
it might be more convenient but i like to do the fighting..so maybe the leather will be the heaviest but idk..i guess it doesnt really matter cus ima use the metal either way but still i dont wanna be slowed down

thekyle0
10-02-2009, 05:51 PM
I think I'd do just fine fighting without the forgiveness of heavy armor. Partially because I'd make the mercs fight the tough guards while I fight the weaker ones.

banner420
10-02-2009, 05:59 PM
if the metal armor is the heavy one then i guess ill just use the black costume the way it comes..bcus from what ive seen it has armor already or something so w.e..im still hoping it doesnt effect the skills at all

kakashi560
10-03-2009, 01:34 AM
i think itd be kinda cool it the armor effected your mobility. itd be more realistic like that plus if you dont want it they probably wont force you to buy it

PlagueDoctor357
10-03-2009, 09:07 AM
I don't think it'll slow you down at all.

Doubt they would do that.

Only thing I could see happening is Ezios climbing might get slowed to an Altair pace, which wouldn't bug me if I look super cool!

Haha.

banner420
10-03-2009, 09:27 PM
well i hope it just effects my health but we wont kno untill we play the game

joshua200830
10-03-2009, 09:50 PM
everyone always complains that this or that will make the game to hard u guys need to stop playin games if u dont want to be challanged. Anything that keeps me on my toes is a challange and i cant wait for this game.

banner420
10-03-2009, 10:19 PM
who said nething about itll make the game harder?? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif i love when a game is challending so maybe u shld comprehend what wer talkin about better..we were talkn about if it will effect your climbing and abilities not that itll maker it harder

DogenzakaSMASH
10-04-2009, 12:15 AM
who said nething about itll make the game harder?? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif i love when a game is challending so maybe u shld comprehend what wer talkin about better..we were talkn about if it will effect your climbing and abilities not that itll maker it harder </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are you talking about "Harder"? If anything, this game will be way easier than the first.

They already said their intentions are simply to make you feel and look like a badass as you play. There are more ways to kill and assassinate and escape than ever before.

&gt;_&gt;

Xanatos2007
10-04-2009, 12:25 AM
They also said something about adjustable difficulty levels, and that harder difficulty = more rewards. I'm not sure if they just meant doing extra missions or if the actual level would be harder, guess we'll find out.

banner420
10-04-2009, 12:37 AM
dogen maybe you should do the same for what i said to the josh guy..read what wer talkin about b4 you quote some1

z0nnebril
10-04-2009, 05:20 AM
They also said something about adjustable difficulty levels, and that harder difficulty = more rewards. I'm not sure if they just meant doing extra missions or if the actual level would be harder, guess we'll find out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Patrice said that there weren't any difficulty levels, because the game has some easy missions and some hard ones http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Charlie_Romeo
10-04-2009, 05:37 AM
They also said something about adjustable difficulty levels, and that harder difficulty = more rewards. I'm not sure if they just meant doing extra missions or if the actual level would be harder, guess we'll find out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Patrice said that there weren't any difficulty levels, because the game has some easy missions and some hard ones http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he also said that before a mission starts u would be able to choose if u want it to be easy/medium/hard, not the exact word but i gt it, the hard option means you will have to do the mission with some strict guidelines, medium not so many, and easy few if any at all. It will also probably affect the payout of the mission http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

thekyle0
10-04-2009, 07:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Charlie_Romeo:
he also said that before a mission starts u would be able to choose if u want it to be easy/medium/hard, not the exact word but i gt it, the hard option means you will have to do the mission with some strict guidelines, medium not so many, and easy few if any at all. It will also probably affect the payout of the mission http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Some examples of these guidelines would be time-limits, avoid exposure, kill only the target, etc.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DogenzakaSMASH:
What are you talking about "Harder"? If anything, this game will be way easier than the first.

They already said their intentions are simply to make you feel and look like a badass as you play. There are more ways to kill and assassinate and escape than ever before.

&gt;_&gt; </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think you missunderstand. It is true that Ubi wants the player to feel like a badass while they play; however, they aren't doing this by making the game incredibly easy. They are giving the player more options to challenge their skill at planning and their cunning. It's not like the combat which is based on the players timing and reflexes.

However, I would say that Ubi has made escaping easier. It's just that they didn't want the player to have to spend so much time running from guards so they made more opportunities to escape and thus shorten that part of the gameplay to about 30 seconds.

Charlie_Romeo
10-04-2009, 08:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">quote:
Originally posted by Charlie_Romeo:
he also said that before a mission starts u would be able to choose if u want it to be easy/medium/hard, not the exact word but i gt it, the hard option means you will have to do the mission with some strict guidelines, medium not so many, and easy few if any at all. It will also probably affect the payout of the mission
Some examples of these guidelines would be time-limits, avoid exposure, kill only the target, etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah for some reason i couldnt think of any of the terms as it were, ta for the help http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Xanatos2007
10-04-2009, 08:11 AM
Prototype did a pretty good job at that; they made you feel like an indestructible badass while at the same time making you feel challenged. The reason AC1 was so easy was because the combat was pretty much sit, wait, click. With Prototype you had to be continually on the move if you ever wanted to survive an encounter. Hopefully they'll make ACII a little more "hectic".

PlagueDoctor357
10-04-2009, 10:13 AM
Prototype did a pretty good job at that; they made you feel like an indestructible badass while at the same time making you feel challenged. The reason AC1 was so easy was because the combat was pretty much sit, wait, click. With Prototype you had to be continually on the move if you ever wanted to survive an encounter. Hopefully they'll make ACII a little more "hectic". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

People that sit, waited and clicked were playing the game wrong! Haha then the guards barely attack! You need to get those X/Square moves in there for the sick animations!

Haha, of course you know that already and im just being a dork.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please don't bypass the Language Filter</span>

Rich_368
10-04-2009, 10:23 AM
OOOOOHHHHHH I cannot wait! Waiting for it is like a bad itch that I cannot scratch lol

SBRedFlag
10-04-2009, 11:13 AM
Can anyone provide a link for where they mentioned the bit about difficulty levels?

banner420
10-04-2009, 11:30 AM
i would like to see link to specially what charlie said nyou i just wanna read it and confirm it myself or hear it

Xm3buX
10-04-2009, 11:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sbredflag:
Can anyone provide a link for where they mentioned the bit about difficulty levels? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They never mentiond diffuculty LEVELS, they were talking about a similar concept to that of Fable 2. Basically if you're a hardcore player and want a challenge, you play "deeper" into the game, making it more difficult, or if you're a casual player, you just skim through the top layer of the game, making it easier.

Also I think they mentioned to make it harder there will be side goals, for example not being detected during your mission. If you're detected, it won't mean you fail, but if you want more of a challenge you can stay undetected and you will recieve a better reward.

Samuel032593
10-04-2009, 01:01 PM
Can anyone tell me if dragging bodies is confirmed in AC2? I would appreciate it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gifAnd hi every body, i think this is my first post in this forum. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

sm312
10-04-2009, 02:12 PM
Yeah you can drag bodies and hide them so Desmond can free run?

thekyle0
10-04-2009, 02:14 PM
Yep, it definantely looks like Desmond will do Parkour. Except when I play, because I intend to not allow him to run.

DeSabellis
10-04-2009, 03:22 PM
Yep, it definantely looks like Desmond will do Parkour. Except when I play, because I intend to not allow him to run. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's the walking that is dangerous. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

z0nnebril
10-04-2009, 04:00 PM
Yep, it definantely looks like Desmond will do Parkour. Except when I play, because I intend to not allow him to run. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But were does he have to free run...in a modern day city?

RipYourSpineOut
10-04-2009, 05:26 PM

But were does he have to free run...in a modern day city? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I remember hearing that Desmond will use his free-running skills to escape Abstergo with Lucy. Not 100% on that though.

PlagueDoctor357
10-05-2009, 02:56 AM
Isn't it said at the beginning of this thread?

Haha.

jordanDB26
10-05-2009, 08:09 AM
It has been confirmed that desmond will be able to free run. for real just read the first post in this thread it pretty much says most of the new stuff

Niles1978
10-06-2009, 11:52 AM
I shouldn't have read the spoiler... now I'm really going crazy! can't-wait-must-jump-fight climb-kill! Luckely there's a ancient Cathedral in my town. I'll just go climb that baby for a couple a weeks to pass the time. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

agentpoop
10-24-2009, 07:19 PM
I'm confused on the first three missions. Can you only choose 1?

Ezio_475
10-24-2009, 07:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nateoak10:
I'm confused on the first three missions. Can you only choose 1? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No they are all tutorials that you can do in any order, but you WILL do them.

Irvinlr
10-25-2009, 12:03 AM
I just saw this and remembered something from Dev diaries 5.

You first see Florence through the eyes of a 17 year old Ezio, its the summer of 1476 and you are out walking when Viere de' Pazzi turns up and starts insulting you.

That guy, Viere de' Pazzi, can he be the one in dev Diaries 5 when he says,"I want a beautiful wife and...oh yeah, your life".

Captain Tomatoz
10-25-2009, 01:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Irvinlr:
I just saw this and remembered something from Dev diaries 5.

You first see Florence through the eyes of a 17 year old Ezio, its the summer of 1476 and you are out walking when Viere de' Pazzi turns up and starts insulting you.

That guy, Viere de' Pazzi, can he be the one in dev Diaries 5 when he says,"I want a beautiful wife and...oh yeah, your life". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

maybe later in the game but not when your 17 as you're not an assassin at that time. So you have no weapons. The street brawl is a fist fight without weapons