PDA

View Full Version : Default Skins, Markings, Etc.

VW-IceFire
10-07-2004, 07:30 AM
I'm wondering a few things these days about the default skins and markings.

How will they handle two types of RAF roundels? The Europe ones and the Far East ones are quite different. Will they fix the Europe ones any time soon?

Will aircraft like the P-38's, the P-51's, and others...which are apparently only installed into PF if you already have AEP, come with PTO default skins if you fly on a PTO map? We know its currently done for the P-47...will they make that skin better and provide the same sorts of things for P-38's and P-51's?

All interesting questions that haven't been answered yet.

luthier1
10-07-2004, 08:26 AM
RAF and FAA are different "nations" with different markings.

All FB planes that are carried over into PF will get Pacific textures.

Gunny124
10-07-2004, 08:43 AM
Luthier, good to you back. One question I've had are about the different units for the nations squadrons involved. Are we going to have the squadrons like we've seen in the Il-2 series?

luthier1
10-07-2004, 08:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gunny124:
Are we going to have the squadrons like we've seen in the Il-2 series? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure. Pretty much as many USN, USMC, USAAC, FAA, RAF, RAAF, RZNAF, IJA, IJN and Royal Netherlands AF squadrons as we could cram into it. Quite a list to scroll through http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Gunny124
10-07-2004, 09:04 AM
Thank you sir, you have made my day. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Copperhead310th
10-07-2004, 01:58 PM
Luthier were you able to use any of the squadron regementals that Dizz & I did for you fo PF?

VW-IceFire
10-07-2004, 03:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by luthier1:
RAF and FAA are different "nations" with different markings.

All FB planes that are carried over into PF will get Pacific textures. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I mean...what about SEAC? We've got a Spitfire VIII so I presume there is a Rangoon campaign with the RAF under the South East Asia Command using entirely different markings (I did send Oleg SEAC marking information and photos - whatever I could find).

Thanks for responding on the other matter! Good to know!

Copperhead310th
10-07-2004, 08:56 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gifbump

Copperhead310th
10-08-2004, 01:18 PM
BUMP

luke97
10-08-2004, 01:34 PM
Hi Luthier. We missed you! Can you talk about if is there a new feature on PF related to the "kill markings"?. A friend of mine that saw an early beta, says that there were some files on the "Squadrons" folder named Victory-US.tga and Victory-Ja.tga.
Maybe is some kind of "easter egg"?

Tnx and congratulations anticipating the great success that will be Pacific Fighters.

Copperhead310th
10-09-2004, 04:24 PM
Bump

MssrSchmidt
10-09-2004, 04:47 PM
On the subject of markings, I've noticed in a number of screenshots Zeros with their tactical numbers as large numerals on the fuselage just aft of the hinoramu. Kind of like you see on many of the Soviet aircraft in IL-2. Could you tell us if that's the format being used on Zeros in the final product?

Tactical numbering on A6M's in the vast majority of cases were on the vertical stab -- not the fuselage, correct?

If these numbers are incorrectly placed in the default in-game markings ... is it something that could be addressed in a patch?

csThor
10-10-2004, 12:36 AM
The problem is time and ressources. It could be "repaired" in a patch, but I will not tell you how often I tried to persuade Oleg to correct the sometimes horribly wrong german markings since the release of the original Il-2 Sturmovik. It usually boils down to a lack of time and other priorities - and the simple fact that most players wouldn't even realize that there is something wrong.

Copperhead310th
10-11-2004, 05:47 AM
Bump