PDA

View Full Version : Do-335 ghost attack

noobisoft
03-19-2008, 02:13 PM
Hello gentlemen,

I had a pretty entertaining experience last night that I thought I'd share.

I was flying the single mission for the Do-335 and took a hit in the wing pretty early on by a Russian jet. The damage wasn't cause for an immediate return to base as I could still maneuver well and had yet to reach the primary target; a large column of Russian missile launchers, tanks, and other vehicles. I dropped my bombs and made several good strafing passes before running out of ammunition and returning to base. I made a safe landing and while taxiing saw the "Mission Succeeded" message appear on screen.

Afterwards, I wanted to review the track to get a better look at how the Russians engaged and to see the effects of my ground attacks. In playing back the track, immediately after surviving the Russian jet attack, I watched as my Do-335 dove and crashed into the ground destroying my aircraft and killing the pilot!

Apparently my ground attack was carried out by a heavily armed wraith!

Cheers

noobisoft
03-19-2008, 02:13 PM
Hello gentlemen,

I had a pretty entertaining experience last night that I thought I'd share.

I was flying the single mission for the Do-335 and took a hit in the wing pretty early on by a Russian jet. The damage wasn't cause for an immediate return to base as I could still maneuver well and had yet to reach the primary target; a large column of Russian missile launchers, tanks, and other vehicles. I dropped my bombs and made several good strafing passes before running out of ammunition and returning to base. I made a safe landing and while taxiing saw the "Mission Succeeded" message appear on screen.

Afterwards, I wanted to review the track to get a better look at how the Russians engaged and to see the effects of my ground attacks. In playing back the track, immediately after surviving the Russian jet attack, I watched as my Do-335 dove and crashed into the ground destroying my aircraft and killing the pilot!

Apparently my ground attack was carried out by a heavily armed wraith!

Cheers

Wepps
03-19-2008, 02:57 PM
You not only broke the sound barrier on the way down but the light barrier as well.

As a result, you moved back in time to the moment the Russian attacked you, and into a separate timeline where Stalin surrenders a few days later.

All due to superior German n00bs dominating the skies, and the new Me-262 dive bomber.

crucislancer
03-19-2008, 03:42 PM
It happens, depending on the type of track file that is used. If you go through a mission without "time skipping" (not the same as time acceleration), which is a function that needs to be assigned to a key, then there will be an option at the end of the mission to save the track. This is the .trk file. If you go into the options screen during a mission, there is an option to start a track file, this is a .ntrk file.

The difference being, as I understand it, is that the .trk file is a more accurate representation of what you did in the mission, though certain things can mess it up, like pausing or using time acceleration. If you used either of these during the mission, it can mess up the track. Sometimes, if you restart the game and play the track you will find that it works just fine. Other times it just won't work right. Also, the .trk file is version specific, meaning that if you record one in version 4.07, it won't work in 4.08 or 4.09.

The .ntrk file isn't quite as accurate, but it seems to be more stable. It will record what you did correctly, for the most part. Also, this type of file is the only way to record online missions. There is an option called quick record or something to that effect, you can assign a key to that you record a clip while you play, rather then going to the options screen during the mission.

I think that's it, I'm sure someone who's been at this longer then me can clarify or correct any errors I made.

Rammjaeger
03-19-2008, 05:26 PM
In my experience, .ntrk files are always both more accurate and stable.

M_Gunz
03-19-2008, 07:35 PM
ntrk files contain position information while trk files only have controls data.

Billy_BigBoy
03-20-2008, 12:56 AM
Got track?

Sorry, couldn't resist http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

BWaltteri
03-20-2008, 03:13 AM
I've noticed similar problems with the track files too. It seems that if you want to make a good movie you must create them in the Full Mission Builder, and shoot them scene by scene.

Like Woody Allen. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif