PDA

View Full Version : Surviving Battle of Britain

deskpilot
12-01-2008, 04:04 PM
I'm "enjoying" if that's the right word, the excellent "hurricane season" campaign but Man do I suck at attacking bombers. Their guns tear me to shreds every time. Especially in the 1938 Hurricane ( I miss my yak cannons!) Am I thinking right that the way to attack is to keep your speed up and make slashing runs? If I just try to tuck in behind the He 111 I seem to get toasted. Anyway I need to practice in "quick mission" before I return to that campaign. Tips anyone?

deskpilot
12-01-2008, 04:04 PM
I'm "enjoying" if that's the right word, the excellent "hurricane season" campaign but Man do I suck at attacking bombers. Their guns tear me to shreds every time. Especially in the 1938 Hurricane ( I miss my yak cannons!) Am I thinking right that the way to attack is to keep your speed up and make slashing runs? If I just try to tuck in behind the He 111 I seem to get toasted. Anyway I need to practice in "quick mission" before I return to that campaign. Tips anyone?

Divine-Wind
12-01-2008, 04:17 PM
Yes. Never sit behind a bomber unless it's unarmed. Or you have Mk 108s. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

For QMB practice, I'd set up 1-2 flights of 4 bombers, and just practice slashing attacks. Maybe unarmed at first, if you need to get the hang of things.

Sillius_Sodus
12-01-2008, 04:21 PM
HE-111's are easier to shoot down if you attack from higher altitude in a 30 degree or so dive. They are pretty tough but if you aim for the wings you can start some pretty serious fuel leaks and then hopefully fires.

MB_Avro_UK
12-01-2008, 04:48 PM
The 1938 Hurricane we have in this game is not the same as the 1940 Battle of Britain Hurricane.

Two years is a long time in aviation development.