PDA

View Full Version : How many think AC1 felt more realistic and more serious than the follow games?

bumpntoke
07-01-2011, 10:46 PM
I am currently replaying Assassins Creed after playing the hell out of the other two (II and Brotherhood) and this first one feels WAY more realistic especially in the seriousness in the tone of the game. It seems way more ominous and really feels a lot more like you are living in those times. The heirarchy and leveling of power between ranks seems better as well as the actions that are allowed and that cause attention seem better. The ambient soundscapes that play as well give an awesome feel to the game. AC II and Brotherhood seemed way more cheesy and cliche. Don't get me wrong though, I love them. I love the AC series, but had they kept the serious feel of the first game it would have been a way more awesome series. Anybody else feel this way?

bumpntoke
07-01-2011, 10:46 PM
I am currently replaying Assassins Creed after playing the hell out of the other two (II and Brotherhood) and this first one feels WAY more realistic especially in the seriousness in the tone of the game. It seems way more ominous and really feels a lot more like you are living in those times. The heirarchy and leveling of power between ranks seems better as well as the actions that are allowed and that cause attention seem better. The ambient soundscapes that play as well give an awesome feel to the game. AC II and Brotherhood seemed way more cheesy and cliche. Don't get me wrong though, I love them. I love the AC series, but had they kept the serious feel of the first game it would have been a way more awesome series. Anybody else feel this way?

AlphaAltair
07-01-2011, 11:09 PM
Yeah I agree, AC1 had a more adult tone and was more thought provoking and interesting story-wise. Ac2 is a great game but has a lot more of an action/adventure feel and a pretty light but fun story imo. AcB just felt like an arcade game by comparison, again imo.

L.Cie
07-01-2011, 11:23 PM
I very much agree!

Jakob4242
07-01-2011, 11:38 PM
Yes defiantly. AC2 was better able to bring a scene to life, or maybe that's because I always wanted Altair to be more physically engaging; I mean, who talks with their arms always at there side?

Yeah AC has a lot more deeper philosophical and ethical questions. Those assassination missions with the target's last words, are some of the best moments in any AC game.

eagleforlife1
07-02-2011, 01:05 AM
Yeah, that was one of the few things I preferred about AC1 over AC2.

Xanatos2007
07-02-2011, 02:05 AM
Needless to say, I agree wholeheartedly.

eagleforlife1
07-02-2011, 04:45 AM
The subsequent games have felt a bit childish and cheesy to me (especially ACB; despite the fact that AC2 is my favourite game).

ProletariatPleb
07-02-2011, 10:19 AM
Yep, true, their own thoughts and philosophies were awesome, AC:B felt okay...the story was ...mehhhh

AC2 story was good as well, but in AC1 I felt like I lived in 12th century holy lands AC2 and AC:B felt like a tour, but I still love the series. Just don't make the story as 'light' as Brotherhood...it didn't even feel like a plot.

ShaneO7K
07-02-2011, 10:47 AM
I felt that AC1 did a great job with its cities, each city gave off its own unique atmosphere.

And I felt it had a good story and Altair was a great character to be and I loved how you could notice that as you progress through the game you can see how Altair's personality changes along with his view on life. Although you could see he would a rich and interesting back-story that they didn't really get into.

Though I like each game equally I feel ACB could've been released as an expansion pack/ Second disc for AC2 as they flow together well in terms of story but ACB kind of lacked in its story compared to the others.

X10J
07-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Agreed.

iN3krO
07-02-2011, 12:17 PM
Here, a vivid fighter against that change :P

crash3
07-02-2011, 12:52 PM
AC1 had a brilliant philosophical side to it
AC2 had the brilliant storyline
ACB had better gameplay but not much else

Problem with ACB was that everything seemed to happen very quickly so it felt rushed. It simply felt like, theres a bad guy, kill him, this took any thought out of the equation.

The deep, complex conversations with Al Mualim, the Templar victims and the Bureau leaders in AC1 made the game more thought provoking and made your actions feel more significant

AC2 then went on to make the templars feel more signifcant by having those informations videos narrated by Shaun Hastings before Ezio went on to assassinate each victim. I was disappointeed to see that those clips had been removed in ACB

So for ACR we need:

A Longer/more complex storyline with a deeper philosophical context

Narrated video clips on each prominent character in the game, not just templars (narrated by Shaun or William M)

Better combat and stealth gameplay which ACB has touched on but definitey hasnt perfected

All these improvements I think will make ACR more realistic and bring the series back up to the standard of AC1

who agrees?

iN3krO
07-02-2011, 01:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crash3:

Problem with ACB was that everything seemed to happen very quickly so it felt rushed. It simply felt like, theres a bad guy, kill him, this took any thought out of the equation.

The deep, complex conversations with Al Mualim, the Templar victims and the Bureau leaders in AC1 made the game more thought provoking and made your actions feel more significant

AC2 then went on to make the templars feel more signifcant by having those informations videos narrated by Shaun Hastings before Ezio went on to assassinate each victim. I was disappointeed to see that those clips had been removed in ACB

So for ACR we need:

Narrated video clips on each prominent character in the game, not just templars (narrated by Shaun or William M)

Better combat and stealth gameplay which ACB has touched on but definitey hasnt perfected

All these improvements I think will make ACR more realistic and bring the series back up to the standard of AC1

who agrees? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With some investigations also, Ezio never investigated alone http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

ShaneO7K
07-02-2011, 01:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

With some investigations also, Ezio never investigated alone http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I doubt there will be investigations for Ezio that there were in AC1 and there might not be any need for him to when he is the leader of the assassin's order because he could just get another assassin to do it for him.

But I would love some investigation in ACR, I think I seen somewhere that there is a part in ACR where Ezio uses his Eagle Sense to find a traitor in the assassins so if this is true I guess you could call that a form of investigation.

Dralight
07-02-2011, 01:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crash3:

So for ACR we need:

Agreed, especically with having a longer and more complext storyline, ACB felt a bit rushed and dumbed down to me really.

I always wondered why the removed those narrated videos of each target from AC2, they were a good way of providing a summary of the target, who they were and their intentions etc. It made them feel more like actual targets instead of just some guy you have to go kill.

eagleforlife1
07-02-2011, 01:18 PM

So for ACR we need:

Agreed. No idea why they took the videos out; I really liked them.

Crouching.Tiger
07-03-2011, 04:15 PM
I agree with most of the OP, but the missions, although often inconceivable, were, for the most part, far more fun in II and Brotherhood. Is it possible to make the game a bit more serious and philosophical, yet fun?

Vey03
07-03-2011, 10:40 PM
Yes agree. Topics like this have been started many times. Even after AC2. Is Ubi listening? I doubt it.

iN3krO
07-04-2011, 01:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crouching.Tiger:
I agree with most of the OP, but the missions, although often inconceivable, were, for the most part, far more fun in II and Brotherhood. Is it possible to make the game a bit more serious and philosophical, yet fun? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know what's fun in a mission that a dog can do o.o

eagleforlife1
07-04-2011, 01:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crouching.Tiger:
I agree with most of the OP, but the missions, although often inconceivable, were, for the most part, far more fun in II and Brotherhood. Is it possible to make the game a bit more serious and philosophical, yet fun? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I found the majority of AC II's missions more fun but Brotherhood's were rubbish. I actually got bored of brotherhood before I'd even completed it.

NORTHBOERN1
07-04-2011, 04:39 PM
I dont't agree.

iN3krO
07-04-2011, 04:51 PM
Interesting, a 2011 fan, maybe first game u played was AcB? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Jexx21
07-04-2011, 05:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
Interesting, a 2011 fan, maybe first game u played was AcB? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting, a 2010 fan, maybe the first game you played was ACII?

Grow up.

iN3krO
07-04-2011, 05:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
Interesting, a 2011 fan, maybe first game u played was AcB? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Grow up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When i've played Ac2 i had the feel that i should make my voice up in the forum cuz i wasn't 100% satisfied with the result of the news. Also, my account was created when i've bought ac2, pc players are forced to have an ubisoft account http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Let him explain his self http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Mad_Fox84
07-04-2011, 05:55 PM
meh I like the direction the game has taken since AC1 but that's just me.

iN3krO
07-04-2011, 05:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MaStA20:
meh I like the direction the game has taken since AC1 but that's just me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not just you, i see some things with good potential in the franchise, even the killstreaks that i'm saying that made the game to easy could be used to make Ac better, but not as they are now.

Many ppl like the direction the franchise has taken but i'm not one of them :S

Jexx21
07-04-2011, 06:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

Grow up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When i've played Ac2 i had the feel that i should make my voice up in the forum cuz i wasn't 100% satisfied with the result of the news. Also, my account was created when i've bought ac2, pc players are forced to have an ubisoft account http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Let him explain his self http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I play on the PC also, and I haven't played Brotherhood yet. I just got the game yesterday though on the Steam sale. I made my UbiSoft account when I got AC2 a couple of weeks ago, but it says I didn't join until last Thursday, weird.

Anyway, I liked AC2 more than AC1. Both games were easy honestly. I don't play Assassin's Creed for the challenge, I play it for the fun of it. AC2 was more fun than AC1 admittedly. Sure, I would be happier if the AI in both games was better, but I'm not gonna complain much.

I think you should just lay this issue to rest about difficulty and enjoy the game for what it is, a very fun game with a pretty good story.

Mad_Fox84
07-04-2011, 06:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MaStA20:
meh I like the direction the game has taken since AC1 but that's just me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not just you, i see some things with good potential in the franchise, even the killstreaks that i'm saying that made the game to easy could be used to make Ac better, but not as they are now.

Many ppl like the direction the franchise has taken but i'm not one of them :S </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. When I'm playing AC2/ACB I really feel like I'm living in those times, so I guess I'm the opposite. The soundtrack does a great job of that. Also as the game progresses you start to connect with the characters on an emotional level.. something which AC1 lacked.

iN3krO
07-04-2011, 07:13 PM

Many ppl like the direction the franchise has taken but i'm not one of them :S </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. When I'm playing AC2/ACB I really feel like I'm living in those times, so I guess I'm the opposite. The soundtrack does a great job of that. Also as the game progresses you start to connect with the characters on an emotional level.. something which AC1 lacked. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aside from the story, the gameplay it self is what bugs me .....

I like ac2 story as much as i like ac1 story, ac1 story would have been better if altair had interacted more with the assssins that he helped or got help from and ac2 story would have been better too, i don't know why but i feel it got anything that doesn't fit very well :S
I think the cutscenes in a middle of a mission was what made it feel not right...

@Jexx21 I've enjoyed every single piece of both 3 games but i would like if i could enjoy the future games of the franchise even more and that's why i'm here...