PDA

View Full Version : The shot that killed me...

zardozid
02-18-2009, 07:33 PM
You know how they say that you never see "the bullet with your name on it"? Well, for the first time I saw the shot/tracer that killed me. I saw a flash and then it went black. Startling... I wish I had a screen cap.

zardozid
02-18-2009, 07:33 PM
You know how they say that you never see "the bullet with your name on it"? Well, for the first time I saw the shot/tracer that killed me. I saw a flash and then it went black. Startling... I wish I had a screen cap.

Urufu_Shinjiro
02-18-2009, 09:27 PM
Yeah, that's always a special shot, I've watched a long range head on shot and saw more than just a flash, I watched it arc it from just far enough away to realize it was heading right for....blackness, lol.

DrHerb
02-18-2009, 09:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Urufu_Shinjiro:
Yeah, that's always a special shot, I've watched a long range head on shot and saw more than just a flash, I watched it arc it from just far enough away to realize it was heading right for....blackness, lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ive seen that too, its almost like a "hail mary" was thrown at you, but instead of catching it, it bounced off your head

Choctaw111
02-18-2009, 09:32 PM
I have seen a hail of gunfire come into the pit for a PK, but just to watch a single shot come in must be special.

DKoor
02-18-2009, 11:15 PM
Diving for a for a strafing run on 88mm flak, then see a little *poof* from its barrel somewhere just in time when you get in the gun range and the screen becomes black. Aircraft is in pieces.
It doesn't really happens often in the game, it used to happen tho when you attack tanks but in the meantime they "fixed" it, so they aren't so accurate now.

zardozid
02-20-2009, 08:29 AM
It was really startling... I actually did see it for a second before it hit me. I saw it curve in towards me (deflection shot I suppose) then it come at me really quick, then splash/black!!

rnzoli
02-20-2009, 09:58 AM
Well, I am lucky, I actually made a very long shot some time ago, it curved, little spark on the attacked plane in the distance, and it starts to descend and after a few more seconds, crashes into the water.

I ask over chat: "WTF? Did I hit something important in your plane?"

The answer was: "Yes. Me."