PDA

View Full Version : Any info about J2M5 in PF?

Levon1981
02-04-2006, 04:22 AM
Personly I love Raiden very much and I'm waiting for the PF patch with it.
I know that the new patch will include the mostly produced modification - the J2M3.
The production of this version started in late 1943. This plane was famous among the Japanese pilots and also among the allied pilots because of it's good characteristics, but this version
suffered from some serious defects, such as not enough powerfull engine (especially above 7000 m), narrow cabine, bad view, non effective armament and etc.
In spring 1945 the J2M5 came into production. Unlike the J2M3, it had a much more effective high altitute engine with 3 stage supercharger, improved view from the cabine, higher speed (about 620 km/h) and also more powerfull armament.
By default the armament consisted of 4 20 mm wing cannons: a pair of slow firing, low velocity type 99M1 Mk 4s(belt fed, 200 rounds) and a pair of powerfull, high velo-city but slow firing type 99M2 Mk 4s.
But some J2M5s instead of type 99M2 Mk 4s got a pair of powerfull 30 mm type 5 cannons (cartrige: 30x122 mm, weight: 70 kg, projectile weight: 345-349 g (HE only), rate of fire: 450 r/m, muzzle velocity: 700-710 m/sec). That made the J2M5 a deadly bomber killer. J2M5 plastic model kit with pair of 30 mm type 5 cannons is being produced only by Hasegawa Model Kits firm (only in 1/48 scale), those who have it will know more about this plane.
Unfortunately for Japanese only 34 (or 35) of these exellent interceptors have been dellivered, they were mainly used in July or August 1945. Unlike many so called "what if" planes this plane saw an actual battle. As far as I know, in 4.03 J2M5 will be as an AI aircraft, but I think that it would be grate to see J2M5 flyable one day. Will J2M5 in 4.03 have 30 mm type 5 cannons as an optional armament, I wonder? If it hasn't I hope it will one day, and I hope Oleg will do this for one of the greatest planes of the WWII..

Levon1981
02-04-2006, 04:22 AM
Personly I love Raiden very much and I'm waiting for the PF patch with it.
I know that the new patch will include the mostly produced modification - the J2M3.
The production of this version started in late 1943. This plane was famous among the Japanese pilots and also among the allied pilots because of it's good characteristics, but this version
suffered from some serious defects, such as not enough powerfull engine (especially above 7000 m), narrow cabine, bad view, non effective armament and etc.
In spring 1945 the J2M5 came into production. Unlike the J2M3, it had a much more effective high altitute engine with 3 stage supercharger, improved view from the cabine, higher speed (about 620 km/h) and also more powerfull armament.
By default the armament consisted of 4 20 mm wing cannons: a pair of slow firing, low velocity type 99M1 Mk 4s(belt fed, 200 rounds) and a pair of powerfull, high velo-city but slow firing type 99M2 Mk 4s.
But some J2M5s instead of type 99M2 Mk 4s got a pair of powerfull 30 mm type 5 cannons (cartrige: 30x122 mm, weight: 70 kg, projectile weight: 345-349 g (HE only), rate of fire: 450 r/m, muzzle velocity: 700-710 m/sec). That made the J2M5 a deadly bomber killer. J2M5 plastic model kit with pair of 30 mm type 5 cannons is being produced only by Hasegawa Model Kits firm (only in 1/48 scale), those who have it will know more about this plane.
Unfortunately for Japanese only 34 (or 35) of these exellent interceptors have been dellivered, they were mainly used in July or August 1945. Unlike many so called "what if" planes this plane saw an actual battle. As far as I know, in 4.03 J2M5 will be as an AI aircraft, but I think that it would be grate to see J2M5 flyable one day. Will J2M5 in 4.03 have 30 mm type 5 cannons as an optional armament, I wonder? If it hasn't I hope it will one day, and I hope Oleg will do this for one of the greatest planes of the WWII..

Aymar_Mauri
02-04-2006, 10:50 AM
I also wished that the J2M5 would be flyable in 4.03 but I read that the cockpit is probably the problem here - not enough data about it. Who wrote it might be wrong though.

Stigler_9_JG52
02-04-2006, 10:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aymar_Mauri:
I also wished that the J2M5 would be flyable in 4.03 but I read that the cockpit is probably the problem here - not enough data about it. Who wrote it might be wrong though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If there's a Maru Mechanic (http://cgi.ebay.com/Maru-Mechanic-43-Jack-George-double_W0QQitemZ6032884939QQcategoryZ2587QQssPageN ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) on a Japanese plane (and there is one for Jack), then there's PLENTY of data to model not just the pit, the whole darned plane. Any other "explanation" is a dodge, be sure.

darkhorizon11
02-04-2006, 11:19 PM
Ahh its probably just to late, and no cockpit was done. Afterall these planes are third party...

SaQSoN
02-06-2006, 03:30 AM
The J2M5 cockpit is modelled. But, probably, will be included into commercial add-on to cover it's (and J2M3 cockpit as well) production costs.

nakamura_kenji
02-06-2006, 03:33 AM
yaya ^_^ look forward to

Feathered_IV
02-06-2006, 04:22 AM
Great news http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

shinden1974
02-06-2006, 03:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SaQSoN:
The J2M5 cockpit is modelled. But, probably, will be included into commercial add-on to cover it's (and J2M3 cockpit as well) production costs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WOOHOO!!!

J_Anonymous
02-06-2006, 04:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SaQSoN:
The J2M5 cockpit is modelled. But, probably, will be included into commercial add-on to cover it's (and J2M3 cockpit as well) production costs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Great! Does that mean that N1K2-Ja Shidenkai will be also flyable in a commmercial add-on?! (I hope so... N1K2-Ja and J2M5 are both listed as AI planes in the upcoming free add-on.)

SaQSoN
02-06-2006, 11:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Great! Does that mean that N1K2-Ja Shidenkai will be also flyable in a commmercial add-on?! (I hope so... N1K2-Ja and J2M5 are both listed as AI planes in the upcoming free add-on.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, as I already told here many times. Shiden KAI, BTW.

Voltigeur777
02-07-2006, 05:14 AM
And the cockpit of N1K2-Ja ?

nakamura_kenji
02-07-2006, 05:19 AM
it go be in pay addon along j2m5

WOLFMondo
02-07-2006, 06:18 AM
The J2M5 never really interested me, it looks like a propeller powered bug, the N1K2-Ja on the other hand is a plane I want to fly.

JG53Frankyboy
02-07-2006, 06:25 AM
lot of late war japanese planes in sight - no US http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

i can imagine the forums http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

J_Anonymous
02-07-2006, 03:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Great! Does that mean that N1K2-Ja Shidenkai will be also flyable in a commmercial add-on?! (I hope so... N1K2-Ja and J2M5 are both listed as AI planes in the upcoming free add-on.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, as I already told here many times. Shiden KAI, BTW. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wow, I am a HAPPY man now! Thank you for your reply, SaQSoN. And you don't need to give me a lecture about the Japanese language.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif (I can spell "Shiden Kai" in Japanese.)

Aymar_Mauri
02-07-2006, 03:57 PM
Yes, as I already told here many times. Shiden KAI, BTW. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
To whom do I write the check for all the comercial add-ons? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Waldo.Pepper
02-07-2006, 04:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JG53Frankyboy:
lot of late war japanese planes in sight - no US http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

i can imagine the forums http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think we may have a Lawyer to thank for this observation of yours not 1C/Oleg and Co.