PDA

View Full Version : Would a wireless headset be too laggy?

peterkatkov
10-20-2011, 12:11 PM
I want to buy a headset to reduce the lag/latency on the audio. My sony surround sound receiver has HDMI inputs only, so my only option is getting a headset. I'd like to keep wires to a minimum, so the Turtle Beach X31 wireless set would be ideal, but I don't want to create another latency problem while trying to solve the original problem. Anyone with these headphones try them yet?

peterkatkov
10-20-2011, 12:11 PM
I want to buy a headset to reduce the lag/latency on the audio. My sony surround sound receiver has HDMI inputs only, so my only option is getting a headset. I'd like to keep wires to a minimum, so the Turtle Beach X31 wireless set would be ideal, but I don't want to create another latency problem while trying to solve the original problem. Anyone with these headphones try them yet?

Ubi_SamSeed
10-20-2011, 01:08 PM
We are aware of an incompatibility problem with Sony wireless headsets, but have not seen reports from other headset brands. If you run into any problems with your Turtle Beach X31, please let us know.

JamesAtkinson
10-20-2011, 02:01 PM
I bought a set of Sony wireless headphones last night and it wasn't till I got home that I thought about the possibility of lag problems but I'm happy to report that there was ZERO gameplay lag.

I did notice that on the replay of the song my playing was lagged from the music however, but during play it was bang on so I'm not sure what's up with that....

T_H_F_L
11-04-2011, 09:08 AM
i am actually using the turtle beach X31's and so far i have had no problems with audio lag, everything seems to work just fine.

mdburch
11-04-2011, 10:22 AM
Turtle Beach X41's here and no lag problems.

ArthorMorgen
02-13-2019, 04:47 AM
I got these bluetooth earphones for gym (https://www.lovedealsdiscount.com/collections/amazon-electronics/products/neckband-bluetooth-headset-earphones-earpiece-wireless-noise-cancelling?variant=22761120104512) which can work over 20hours and noise cancelling feature, also it's purchase from Amazon can make products quality, hope it's can give you a little help

rcole_sooner
02-13-2019, 02:46 PM
I use Sony RF985K, old school RF wireless headphones. They work great, with lots of range, and zero lag!

They are long ago discontinued by Sony, but can be had for a song ... like around $25 ... from ebay.

I've snatched up several pairs for use at home, the office, and while on travel.

https://cdn.slant.co/0d57dc3a-4407-44ff-966b-dbefda4badbe/-/format/jpeg/-/progressive/yes/-/preview/480x480/

sammysilly
02-13-2019, 07:00 PM
I use a Logitech H800 wireless headset works very well. I think I read somewhere that you need a specific spec for the wireless headset to work; canít seem to find that at the moment but it was the basis for picking that headset in my case.

Risen72
02-20-2019, 10:12 PM
I can't recall the exact model number but it was $120 and a current model that I got this past Black Friday Sales. Its a wireless Turtle Beach that is fantastic with all the games I have on PS4/Mac (steam) including Rocksmith.

LickThat
02-24-2019, 11:25 AM
I initially tried with a pair of bluetooth headphones (paired directly to the mac) but the lag was bad / unusable. So ended up getting a pair of RF wireless headphones (Sennheiser RS175) - not the cheapest but not ridiculously priced and i use them almost every evening with RockSmith or just normal youtube / music streaming use.

Patcoola
02-26-2019, 11:42 PM
My Corsair Gaming VOID PRO RGB Wireless headset works fine, however, you may need to edit your .ini file to increase your audio buffer size.