PDA

View Full Version : Server Test

Nero111
10-20-2004, 10:52 AM
Hi All
We have had 2 servers running for quite some time now servicing our local IL2 community in South Africa.
Being in the 3rd world so to speak most people here still have dialup and shoddy at that which makes it difficult for them to fly on overseas servers.
Anyway, we do just fine over here on our own servers and have a neat little community going.

I was just curious as to how our servers ping overseas in game as we dont host on Hyperlobby (not by choice, wish we could)
We run 2 servers with FBD scripting, 1 server 'full real' and the other one on 'easy' settings.
So if any of you are bored stiff and have nothing better to do, connect to the server /s and let me know how you ping it ingame. No matter if its empty, Im just curious.

Sorta like, ingame ping, connection, location.

The servers are on the main telecommunications backline in SA so it should not be to bad.
Server ip's

196.4.79.55 full real
196.4.79.56 easy

The servers are visible in the all seeing eye if you just look for Africa or South African servers.

Our guys normaly get on at around 2100 GMT+1, but like i said I am just curious as to how you guys ping it ingame, even if its empty. Obviousely anyone and everyone is welcome on the servers at anytime.
Thanks
Cye

Nero111
10-20-2004, 10:52 AM
Hi All
We have had 2 servers running for quite some time now servicing our local IL2 community in South Africa.
Being in the 3rd world so to speak most people here still have dialup and shoddy at that which makes it difficult for them to fly on overseas servers.
Anyway, we do just fine over here on our own servers and have a neat little community going.

I was just curious as to how our servers ping overseas in game as we dont host on Hyperlobby (not by choice, wish we could)
We run 2 servers with FBD scripting, 1 server 'full real' and the other one on 'easy' settings.
So if any of you are bored stiff and have nothing better to do, connect to the server /s and let me know how you ping it ingame. No matter if its empty, Im just curious.

Sorta like, ingame ping, connection, location.

The servers are on the main telecommunications backline in SA so it should not be to bad.
Server ip's

196.4.79.55 full real
196.4.79.56 easy

The servers are visible in the all seeing eye if you just look for Africa or South African servers.

Our guys normaly get on at around 2100 GMT+1, but like i said I am just curious as to how you guys ping it ingame, even if its empty. Obviousely anyone and everyone is welcome on the servers at anytime.
Thanks
Cye