PDA

View Full Version : I think I found the Hurri's lost speed...

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 09:35 AM
The Yak 9T stole it!!!/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Have you flown this plane since 1.1b?/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

This plane has certainly come from the bargain basement of FB back to the major success it enjoyed in IL2, before final patch I believe. It's much faster, turns awesome and E bleed is like the old Hurri's./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

And don't even get me started on that 37mm cannon! I'm betting with that plane's maneuverability and getting in tight for high percentage shots to wings and other fragile areas, one of the greats 'round here could easily down 10, nay, maybe 15-20 fighters in one sortie! Hell, 1 for each round in the cannon if you really, really get close. LOL, no way this plane is going to stay this way.

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 09:35 AM
The Yak 9T stole it!!!/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Have you flown this plane since 1.1b?/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

This plane has certainly come from the bargain basement of FB back to the major success it enjoyed in IL2, before final patch I believe. It's much faster, turns awesome and E bleed is like the old Hurri's./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

And don't even get me started on that 37mm cannon! I'm betting with that plane's maneuverability and getting in tight for high percentage shots to wings and other fragile areas, one of the greats 'round here could easily down 10, nay, maybe 15-20 fighters in one sortie! Hell, 1 for each round in the cannon if you really, really get close. LOL, no way this plane is going to stay this way.

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 09:43 AM
Hmmm, was just about to try the Yak9U when my cable crapped on me. Darn LW and theyr BnZ and diving away. Poor 109, his dive didn't work, 9U caught up to 200m, then he shot verticle into space cause I lost connection and lagged out...

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 06:06 PM
Oh, I see....mums the word on the 9T, eh?/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 07:37 PM
Yakety Yak Yak!!

http://www.enfamil.com/guides/onlineactivities/images/yak.gif

http://laurenharman.tripod.com/halloween/images/photos/underdog.jpg

"Anytime you have an opportunity to make things better and you don't, then you are wasting your time on this earth." -Roberto Clemente

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 07:39 PM
Too heavy - Yak-3 and Yak-9U do the interceptor job much better. Would work well for ground attack though!

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 07:43 PM
Everyone knows that the Yak and the French resistance won the war.

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 07:50 PM
Yes, they do Korolov. However, I'm finding that I'm out turning Yak3s with it and this can't be right. That cannon weighed heavily in the nose and the 9T turns like a Yak3 and climbs like a starving monkey up a banana tree.

I was able to maintain 320km/h in a steady climb and easily able to stay above 300 while climbing. I look down at the same times while flying each plane, during hard turns, climbing etc, to see what speed I'm at during these moves with the different planes.

Every time I look at the speed of this Yak 9T during hard turning, etc, the speed is always near 300 and seems to have E to spare. The only plane that has gotten inside me so far, is one La7 that had a speed advantage. And there is no substitute for a one-shot wonder in your nose cone./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

That cannon is quite accurate and extremely powerful. If this plane handled like this in RL, there would have been almost no need for a Yak 3./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 09:45 PM
hmmmm .... excellent

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 10:22 PM
But they didn't lighten up the sunglass any i'm afraid . still a bit hard to see fellas against the ground....

http://laurenharman.tripod.com/halloween/images/photos/underdog.jpg

"Anytime you have an opportunity to make things better and you don't, then you are wasting your time on this earth." -Roberto Clemente