PDA

View Full Version : Which addon to buy?

cajun16
02-05-2005, 01:09 AM
Would just like to know if anyone has purchased the addons from GMX Media and/or Just Flight? If so, which is the better one? The ads for both sound great, of course, but would lkie to purchase the best one to enhance the PF+FB+AEP experience.

cajun16
02-05-2005, 01:09 AM
Would just like to know if anyone has purchased the addons from GMX Media and/or Just Flight? If so, which is the better one? The ads for both sound great, of course, but would lkie to purchase the best one to enhance the PF+FB+AEP experience.

Taylortony
02-05-2005, 04:03 AM
I havent but i know the Just flight one got very good reviews in here

Extreme_One
02-05-2005, 06:28 AM
GMX Media is a rip-off.

Just Flight's Battle Over Europe is the one to get. Even though it's third party that addon is the reason for the Normandy and Ardennes maps being made for FB and given for free.

Zeus-cat
02-05-2005, 07:13 AM
I have BOE and it is good. Extreme_One is correct in that you are supporting the third party people who gave us two of the best maps (Normandy and Ardennes) in the IL-2 series for free.

Please buy BOE if you decide to buy a third party addon

Zeus-cat

madsarmy
02-05-2005, 07:44 AM
I agree BOE is very good. Well worth the cash.

cajun16
02-05-2005, 08:51 AM
Thanks guys!!! Sure answered my question, so I will be going with the Just Flight addon. Will let you know how I do after I receive and play,,,,

Breeze147
02-05-2005, 09:00 AM
I concur with getting BOE. Just Flight has at least 2 patches that I know of and there is another one at SIMHQ that gives you A-20 and B-25 campaigns.

altstiff
02-05-2005, 09:30 AM
Another vote for BOE. Just love the RAF campaign.

Extreme_One
02-05-2005, 09:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cajun16:
Thanks guys!!! Sure answered my question, so I will be going with the Just Flight addon. Will let you know how I do after I receive and play,,,, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Make sure you check out the Just Flight website.

www.justflight.com (http://www.justflight.com)

There are two official patches for BoE.

Battle over Europe AEP "Royal Air Force" update

Battle over Europe night skins update

If you have FB+AEP+PF installed, Starshoy has also released an unofficial patch to give a few more campaign options using some of the new planes available.

www.il2center.com/BoE-PF.zip (http://www.il2center.com/BoE-PF.zip)

Kandiru-Aku
02-05-2005, 10:53 AM
Question: is it playable in multiplayer, and where? Sorry but i am a strictly multiplayer (and BF-109 freak) guy.

Thx

Extreme_One
02-05-2005, 10:55 AM
IIRC there are a couple of coops and DF arenas included with BoE.

There are a few NGen online campaigns included too...

Bearcat99
02-05-2005, 11:20 AM
BoE................. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

steve_v
02-05-2005, 12:58 PM
BoE http://home.earthlink.net/~viner45/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/198.gif

Well worth the money IMO. Also, it supports the people that support our sims.

ytareh
02-05-2005, 02:54 PM
Well I got the 2 already mentioned and Fall Blau by x1 games and I reckon theyre all worthwhile getting.Fall Blau has 300 missions but I think its 'stable mate' Operation Barbarossa has a lot less.Anybody got any feedback on the new Last/Final? Days add on?My ranking of the three :1 Fall...2 Battle ... 3 Combat...

cajun16
02-05-2005, 03:37 PM
Thanks guys!!! BoE it will be from Just Flight. I have checked their web site and often go back just to "dream" a little. Placed my order today! Wonder what the mail time is from UK to Arkansas (and no jokes about pipeing sunlight into Arkansas).

steiner562
02-05-2005, 05:36 PM
Forget gmx-media,usually they make retail addons of genere games(usually just skins and rubbish missions) which always t fall under what they are worth,I found out so with their "coldwars" release, which was based on the suddenstrike2 ww2 engine, they robbed it from from fireglow(orginal russian makers of it),which eventually ended in legal action from fireglow...avoid them like the plague,sure GMX media are only the publisher but they employ pirates mostly,"just flight" I have no idea of their quality tbh so cant comment.