PDA

View Full Version : Self rightous P eople

IKG26Redcoat
10-22-2004, 05:14 AM
I had a mate of mine recieve a two hour ban on hyperlobby last night, despite the fact he had paid good money for his copy, and gone to a lot of trouble to get it. I see people hosting PF dogfight rooms all over, but my mate gets a ban!!! This ****e makes me sick. It was the same with AEP. The US got it way before europe, so the hyperlobby was divided straight down the middle. So obviously some kind of leaked version was going to get out, Yanks dont only fly with yanks, and europeans with europeans! So here we are again, except vice versa.
If they didnt want a bandit version of PF circulating, why wasnt it released everywhere at the same time? And now theres all these self rightous arseholes running around and feeling warm and smug about themselves by grassing people up! Probally the same arseholes who downloaded AEP themselves once upon a time!
And where the hell was the Maddox security? As far as Im concerned, if it was leaked from within the company, the buck stops there! Oleg should be bloody thankful the majority of people will go out and buy a copy or two anyway, the same as with AEP!
In the past "beta versions" have circulated, and Ive avoided them, prefering to wait for an official patch with the result of being a version behind the majority for somtimes weeks! And this time, despite being offered a link, Ive waited. And paid. Now I have it, Im going to enjoy it, and I dont want any ****e from people who dont. If you are in Europe, this is where I got it from........http://www.play.com/play247.asp?searchtype=PC&searchstring=Pacific+Fighters&page=search&Go.x=14&Go.y=11
I ordered it Tuesday, and it arrived this morning. So anyone who accuses me of cheating or piracy can go F**K themselves!
I also hope that someone is keeping track of the grasses, and avoid and ban them from their games!

Maple_Tiger
10-22-2004, 05:26 AM
Mayby you'r friend has a bad coonection.

fherathras
10-22-2004, 05:32 AM
angry man... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Future-
10-22-2004, 05:37 AM
Redcoat has a point. Banning people just because their IP isn't "right" (meaning the IP says it's a non-european) is not ok. Especially since it appears that the US release is earlier than first said.
So now there is a chance that some people "rightfully" own PF in non-european countries too.

Stop the witch hunt - it's over.

S!

JG27_Arklight
10-22-2004, 05:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I ordered it Tuesday, and it arrived this morning. So anyone who accuses me of cheating or piracy can go F**K themselves! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love it!

We could be brothers.

NAFP_supah
10-22-2004, 06:00 AM
I bought two at a local store wednesday and mailed one copy to a friend of mine who lives in the USA. Nothing wrong with that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

IKG26Redcoat
10-22-2004, 06:32 AM
My mate had his Fed Exed to Canada. What the hell do we have to do?, provide a photo with the game, a reciept and a copy of the days newspaper? I dont want to get too over the top here, but it has annoyed me in the extreme, especialy watching the typed chat in hyperlobby with all these bloody witchfinder napoleons gettin on their high horses proclaiming to the world about the evils of piracy. Its probally because they have it, and are trying to hide the fact, or they couldnt download it! Who the hell do they think they are? If they think theyre going to get a little goldstar for their copybook from Oleg, they'll be waiting a long time.
Most people have waited. And even the people who downloaded it will go and buy it when its released wherever they are. Not out of guilt Im sure, but because everyone likes a nice shiny box sitting on their shelves dont they.
To date, I have bought IL2, (which I played for a couple of weeks because I was late getting it and everyone had gone onto FB, lol)and of course Il2 FB. The Il2 addon packs, Barborossa, and Battle over Europe, and Aces Expansion. And now I have PF. Thats well over a 100 quid. On one flight sim. If I had downloaded it, I wouldnt lose any sleep about Oleg not making enough money out of me, know what I mean?

WOLFMondo
10-22-2004, 06:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Future-:
Redcoat has a point. Banning people just because their IP isn't "right" (meaning the IP says it's a non-european) is not ok. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Theres a set of IP's from an ISP in the essex area in the UK that FBD recognises as from the USA. need I day more.

Also places like specialreserve have been sending out PF for a few days now.

x6BL_Brando
10-22-2004, 07:10 AM
Yup, it arrived today from Special Reserve http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I fly in a transatlantic squad - members in UK, USA, Canada, Hawaii - and, like our friends overseas did when AEP came out, I'll be waiting until they get their copies before I overwrite Aces with PF. They waited for us; we'll wait for them.

Red http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif That's cr@p news about EZ - one of the nicest guys flying HL that I know - I hope this nonsense gets sorted out soon. Looking forward to 6BL getting up against you 26'ers when we're all in the Pacific.

Okay, I'm off to make a big hole in the deck of some flat-top, CYL m8