PDA

View Full Version : How to make the brotherhood commands more diverse without complicating it

Rakudaton
12-14-2010, 09:02 AM
Many people seemed disappointed by not being able to give their assassins precise orders. I've mulled this over and thought of a simple control scheme that doesn't require any more buttons, but would allow you greater control.

Basically your assassins use the (equivalent of the) weapon that you have equipped at the time, and adjust to whether you were in high profile or not. For example:

Hidden Blade:

High Profile - high profile assassinate, air assassinate
Low Profile - low profile assassinate, hiding spot assassinate, ledge assassinate

Sword:

High Profile - kill one guard with sword and fight any others who are alerted
Low Profile - kill one guard with sword, then flee

Smoke Bomb:

High Profile - run in, throw smoke bombs, begin fight
Low Profile - run in, throw smoke bombs, get out of there.

And so on. I think this could really make the assassins more of a precision tool. Chances of this happening: nil.

Rakudaton
12-14-2010, 09:02 AM
Many people seemed disappointed by not being able to give their assassins precise orders. I've mulled this over and thought of a simple control scheme that doesn't require any more buttons, but would allow you greater control.

Basically your assassins use the (equivalent of the) weapon that you have equipped at the time, and adjust to whether you were in high profile or not. For example:

Hidden Blade:

High Profile - high profile assassinate, air assassinate
Low Profile - low profile assassinate, hiding spot assassinate, ledge assassinate

Sword:

High Profile - kill one guard with sword and fight any others who are alerted
Low Profile - kill one guard with sword, then flee

Smoke Bomb:

High Profile - run in, throw smoke bombs, begin fight
Low Profile - run in, throw smoke bombs, get out of there.

And so on. I think this could really make the assassins more of a precision tool. Chances of this happening: nil.

obliviondoll
12-14-2010, 10:03 AM
I like the idea.

Saw one in another thread where they suggested that holding down L2 (I think it's LB on the 360) would let you give specific orders to your assassins. I think it'd be nice if they tweaked things like so:

Tap button - call 2 assassins in who operate independently for the duration of the current fight, then leave. Works like the current system.

Hold button, press an appropriate face button as follows

Head (Triangle/Y): Arrow Storm
Attack (Square/X): Assassinate target - calls up to 2 assassins who will kill a single target then leave. If you hold this button down, you should be given an indicator like the one you get for throwing knives, showing which guard(s) will die. Holding for several seconds could possibly be used to call more Assassins (up to the usual 6) to assassinate guards all at once.
Grab (Circle/B): Disrupt enemies - use smoke bombs if available, and focus on drawing enemy attention more than killing.
Run (X/A): Attack - come in on horseback/from haystacks, etc. with sword drawn - focus on combating enemies.

pretty sure these ideas will never be implemented in Brotherhood, but might be nice in another sequel.

Black_Widow9
12-14-2010, 01:32 PM
Please post your Feedback here so your voice is heard.
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood feedback thread. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4821045298)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>