PDA

View Full Version : Throwing Knives Question

PhoxDevil
12-24-2011, 03:01 PM
Ok quick question on this ability. Do the knives actually completely immobilize the target, making it so they can't kill or stun as well? Or does it just make it so they can't move for a short time (but can still stun and kill if you are in close enough proximity).

TalentedTrack98
12-24-2011, 03:08 PM
For the first second of the knives like when it looks like they are pulling the knife out they cant stun or kill but after that it just makes them go into a weakened state where they can kill or stun

PhoxDevil
12-24-2011, 03:18 PM
Ohh ok thanks, that cleared up a LOT lol.

rafiqul84
12-24-2011, 03:32 PM
There is a VERY small window of opportunity to stun a persuer with a throwing knife - and im talking MINUTE. Id say about within 0.5 seconds JUST as the knife has hit them. So it works but only with the element of suprise

PhoxDevil
12-24-2011, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by rafiqul84:
There is a VERY small window of opportunity to stun a persuer with a throwing knife - and im talking MINUTE. Id say about within 0.5 seconds JUST as the knife has hit them. So it works but only with the element of suprise Ah, so they are basically pointless for anything other then stunning/slowing down someone then since you'd usually pull off a stun/kill with the element of surprise anyway.

The_Despair_
12-24-2011, 03:55 PM
It seems a bit longer than .5 seconds, but when I used them in the beta, they worked pretty good, as long as you let your pursuer get just close enough, then rush up and stun them.

PhoxDevil
12-24-2011, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by The_Despair_:
It seems a bit longer than .5 seconds, but when I used them in the beta, they worked pretty good, as long as you let your pursuer get just close enough, then rush up and stun them. Ya' that's what I usually do but I sometimes forget it takes a second for them to go into the animation and can still kill you if you run in and try to stun before the animation starts >_<.

ABXantos
12-24-2011, 04:22 PM
um....

1) You can still kill (non-contested) and stun outside the Injury/incapacitation animation

2) There is no "mute" effect. There never was.

3) You actually have more than a .5 second opening. How about 3 seconds? (beware of smoke or its over anyway)

4) Knives have plenty of more offensive capabilities that it never did in brotherhood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEUb0QZv1Fo
Check my link for some knives game play.

BigUrn
12-24-2011, 04:37 PM
A stun with a throwing knife actually works well. All you have to do is throw the knife and quickly run behind them, as since they are injured they cannot turn around as quick as they could before. Stun almost every time. With overall cooldowns, and knifes crafted for reload they come back like every 30 seconds, not a bad defense set.

ABXantos
12-24-2011, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by BigUrn:
A stun with a throwing knife actually works well. All you have to do is throw the knife and quickly run behind them, as since they are injured they cannot turn around as quick as they could before. Stun almost every time. With overall cooldowns, and knifes crafted for reload they come back like every 30 seconds, not a bad defense set.

Not true, if they turn around and lock you they can still do something. I've had it done to me many times and I just turn around, lock on them, and stun/kill them

BigUrn
12-24-2011, 04:49 PM
Stun almost every time
Thats why I said almost http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif Works great against noobs though

XxKillaChaosxX
12-24-2011, 05:12 PM
Ok I've had people knife me and and get uncontested kills on me even though I was mashing the stun button like crazy. I'm even facing their direction sometimes put still can't get the stun off.

swiftavenger212
12-24-2011, 06:52 PM
i have been using knives a lot recently for stunning and you can pull it off from the front as well.

Knife your pursuer, slowly walk up to him and mash the O button...dont run at him or it will end up being a contested kill for them.

kevaal
12-24-2011, 07:23 PM
Let me clear all this up by saying that you actually have the entire knife duration to stun the pursuer.

It works like this when the pursuer is knifed their max kill range very slightly reduced so your stun is bigger then their kill range.

You need to be carefull not to get to close otherwise you will end up with an honerable death so the best thing to do is walk up to them and press B at the very max range.

Running is not a good idea as you will usually get too close to them by mistake.

hope this helps http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

BigUrn
12-24-2011, 07:30 PM
While stunning using knifes is possible it takes alot of practice to be able to do it on a regular basis..I now use knifes for defense and rack up lots of points

lx_Reafer_xl
12-24-2011, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by kevaal:
Let me clear all this up by saying that you actually have the entire knife duration to stun the pursuer.

It works like this when the pursuer is knifed their max kill range very slightly reduced so your stun is bigger then their kill range.

You need to be carefull not to get to close otherwise you will end up with an honerable death so the best thing to do is walk up to them and press B at the very max range.

Running is not a good idea as you will usually get too close to them by mistake.

^ This.
It was actually stated on another, similar thread to this one (can't be bothered to look for it now, lol) that knives didn't have a mute effect at all.

What they did is basically take the distance someone can kill/stun and cut it down to size.
How much it cuts it down, I am not sure, but I do know that if you knife a pursuer, their kill range will become less than your stun range.

So basically, while your pursuer is hurt by the knives, simply walk up to them and stun them right when the prompt comes up.

Like stated above, however, your pursuer IS NOT MUTED.
Meaning he/she can easily just drop a mute/smoke bomb and you're pretty much screwed.

ABXantos
12-25-2011, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by lx_Reafer_xl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kevaal:

^ This.
It was actually stated on another, similar thread to this one (can't be bothered to look for it now, lol) that knives didn't have a mute effect at all.

What they did is basically take the distance someone can kill/stun and cut it down to size.
How much it cuts it down, I am not sure, but I do know that if you knife a pursuer, their kill range will become less than your stun range.

So basically, while your pursuer is hurt by the knives, simply walk up to them and stun them right when the prompt comes up.

Like stated above, however, your pursuer IS NOT MUTED.
Meaning he/she can easily just drop a mute/smoke bomb and you're pretty much screwed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well time to cough up my secrets lol

During Injury - Range is reduce to practically zero (or poison/less than poison range)

During the rest of the knife duration their range is increased but still shorter than your range so you can kill and stun without being contested.

Lag will effect your distance and or whether your actions will be contested or not.

Thats the main stuff. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

EnglishPhoenix
12-25-2011, 01:52 AM
Woooow. That was INCREDIBLY helpful, kevaal. I could not for the life of me figure out how other people were able to get a straight up kill/stun on me when I'm knifed and I always get stunned/contested kill when I knife my target. That clears so much up!

AntiChrist7
12-25-2011, 02:06 AM
yeah standard procedure is to drop a smoke bomb when hit by a throwing knife.

If you use them, you have to resist the urge to go straight in, cause you'll be caught up in the smoke. Best thing is to get close, but still a few feet away so the smoke doesnt get you. then you can kill him, and he has wasted an ability http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

XxKillaChaosxX
12-25-2011, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by EnglishPhoenix:
Woooow. That was INCREDIBLY helpful, kevaal. I could not for the life of me figure out how other people were able to get a straight up kill/stun on me when I'm knifed and I always get stunned/contested kill when I knife my target. That clears so much up!

I think I'm going to start using knives more now that I know how they work.

onehitparry
12-26-2011, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by AntiChrist7:
yeah standard procedure is to drop a smoke bomb when hit by a throwing knife.

This just happened to me about an hour ago. I got hit by a knife so I threw down a smoke. I looked like a moron because my pursuer was way farther than I thought. Silly me. But other times I've gotten knife, throwing down a smoke has helped.

XxKillaChaosxX
12-26-2011, 06:23 AM
Unless you can tell exactly where a knife came from(like from above for example), you should ways drop smoke. If they are far away, you may cause them to hesitate. That split second of hesitation could atleast be the difference between a contested and uncontested kill.

TrueStoic
12-26-2011, 09:15 AM
my Experince with the Throwing knives,
- saved my *** from a gun kill , as soon as the guy pointed the gun , i threw my knive, he did not shot me.

- Thrown them at my pursuer at times where he thought for sure the sprint at me would work, gues again http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

- and the usual use of it as the Fastrecharge/anti rooftop tool ( if they are hanging/climbing/on a very slim ledge they wil fall down to you for their doom )

- heck even if you throw it at a locked persona in a morphed group, youl see if it is a player or realy ,just a persona.

-and the last but not least, the use it was intended for i gues, trhow at them and they become slowed and with a bit more care with the aprroach you can stil get some decent points from a running target without having to open up a chase

Weak skill? i think not.

rafiqul84
12-29-2011, 02:42 PM
This has become a very good thread - I understand more about throwing knives than I ever did before.