PDA

View Full Version : no AI wolfpacks - online campaign for SH IV / SH III expansion

zollerc
02-05-2006, 08:00 AM
i know that this topic should be on the wishlist tread for SH IV / SH III Expansion but i think that is a very exciting idea.

even better than implementing ai subs it would be to make an online campaign where 30 - 40 subs would be on one server. for example if one sub discovers a convoy nearby subs would then get an order to intercept the convoy and form a wolfpack.

zollerc
02-05-2006, 08:00 AM
i know that this topic should be on the wishlist tread for SH IV / SH III Expansion but i think that is a very exciting idea.

even better than implementing ai subs it would be to make an online campaign where 30 - 40 subs would be on one server. for example if one sub discovers a convoy nearby subs would then get an order to intercept the convoy and form a wolfpack.

JU88
02-05-2006, 10:12 AM
Er and why cant we cant have both?

its not like sub AI is sooo difficult to code - its not, but for sh3 the devs just ran out of time, thats all. The argument that you can experience wolfpacks only by playing on line is very weak!

You do realise that what your are asking for is pretty much what SH3 already offers, lack of Sub AI is a missing feature in SH3 and you think its ok for them to miss it out for Sh4 too??? Thats hardly a step forward now is it.

Dangerous waters has sub AI, even Enigma: rising tide had SUB AI for crying out loud!
So why not silent hunter?