PDA

View Full Version : My Saitek came in the mail today!

Shoop_da_whoop
05-31-2007, 06:24 PM
Oh the joy I felt when the box that held my brand new (or technically reconditioned) cyborg evo force was at my feet. I quickly opened the box and spent a few minutes admiring it. Then I spent a long time trying to figure out why the powercord is so loose, then I spent 20 minutes just flying around.

With all this time, I have accumulated some questions that I need answered before I take off into practicing.

At first, would anyone else have any idea why the powercord is soo loose when connecting into the stick? You have to kind of screw it in which is a bit odd.

Second, is it normal for the stick to get pretty warm at the base from the FB or battery or whatever?

Third, I am having difficulty getting FB to work in IL-2. It works perfectly in flight simulator. I pressed the toggle FB button in IL-2 so that isn't the problem...

Appreciate any help mates for these questions are really crawling on me at the moment.

Shoop_da_whoop
05-31-2007, 06:24 PM
Oh the joy I felt when the box that held my brand new (or technically reconditioned) cyborg evo force was at my feet. I quickly opened the box and spent a few minutes admiring it. Then I spent a long time trying to figure out why the powercord is so loose, then I spent 20 minutes just flying around.

With all this time, I have accumulated some questions that I need answered before I take off into practicing.

At first, would anyone else have any idea why the powercord is soo loose when connecting into the stick? You have to kind of screw it in which is a bit odd.

Second, is it normal for the stick to get pretty warm at the base from the FB or battery or whatever?

Third, I am having difficulty getting FB to work in IL-2. It works perfectly in flight simulator. I pressed the toggle FB button in IL-2 so that isn't the problem...

Appreciate any help mates for these questions are really crawling on me at the moment.

Shoop_da_whoop
05-31-2007, 10:07 PM
After rummaging through the Saitek tech forums, it turns out I am far from the only one that has a problem with the horrendous calibration problems of the Cyborg Evo Force. Best of all is that there is no solution to this.

I can try my luck and send it back and get a new one... but I am seriously just pissed off right now because I have a great feeling that, like the many people that tried before me, I'll just waste time and get sent another uncalibrated stick.

Hkuusela
06-01-2007, 05:53 AM
Join the club! I bought the Cyborg Evo Force a few months ago. I've been having hard time getting used to it. The stick feels sticky (no pun intended...). It doesn't center properly and ther's no sense of cumulative resistance when moving the stick further from the center. After my cheapo non-FFB Logitech Attack 3, the feel of the stick was just terrible. The stick heats pretty much, but it hasn't caused any damage, so I think it's nothing to be alarmed of. The hat is impossible to use. It works ok straight up, down left and right, but the 45, 135, 225 and 315 degree angles are just impossible to hit.

So after I get my TIR and don't have use for the hat, I may retire the Evo Force and go back to slumming with my Attack 3. It's almost unbreakable and if you manage to break it, a new one is only about 30 euros, so whatta heck. Shame about the FFB though... As a lefty (left-handed, not a communist... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif ) there's very little choice.

triad773
06-01-2007, 06:33 AM
I've had a Saitek EVO Force for about a year I guess. I got mine new and really hadn't had any probs with it.

Yes the base gets warm. If I don't plan on using it during that session I unplug it (it's the FFB motors- ready and waiting).

Suggest you try the Auto-Centre feature in Start/Settings/Control Panel/Game Controllers - turn it on, or off and see of that doesn't help.

Best of luck

Triad

Shoop_da_whoop
06-01-2007, 01:34 PM
What about the plug? Did you guys have a problem with it being loose?
Also... there is no auto-center feature mate...

ytareh
06-01-2007, 01:44 PM
Logitech rocks .Saiteks sucks.The End!!!Oh God just when the whole ATI Vs nVidia thing was dying down!!!

Hkuusela
06-01-2007, 02:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shoop_da_whoop:
What about the plug? Did you guys have a problem with it being loose?
Also... there is no auto-center feature mate... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>No problem with the plug.

JG52Uther
06-01-2007, 02:04 PM
I love my Logitech attack 3.Much more reliable than the X45 I had before.

Shoop_da_whoop
06-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Is it normal to set up deadzones?

VMF-214_HaVoK
06-01-2007, 02:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ytareh:
Logitech rocks .Saiteks sucks.The End!!!Oh God just when the whole ATI Vs nVidia thing was dying down!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? I had 4 Logitech sticks in the past and all of them broke in a few months. I have had by X-52 for well over a year and its as sharp as the day I got it. Perhaps you have had a bad experience in the past? The general population would agree with me on this I bet. Logitech makes a fantastic mouse for sure but when it comes to sticks they fail. They may be good for the casual gamer I suppose but certainly not for the diehard sim fanatic. IMHO.

S~

Taylortony
06-01-2007, 02:28 PM
Does this have hall effect sensors in it? as I was told how to calibrate these

BTW if anyone is in the UK i could do them a X52 that was a return due to flashing lights....... It was new and the fault was a plug not plugged in properly................ sorted and tested and new as far as I can tell, the box has seen better times though

Shoop_da_whoop
06-01-2007, 03:10 PM
No, just full auto calibration with only deadzone as a manual option.

Taylortony
06-01-2007, 03:17 PM
No u missed the point...........is the stick working on potentiometers internally or hall effect sensors........ the hall effect sensor is a sensor that measures the magnetic field produced by a magnet and the variances of it as you move the stick.......... this is can be adjusted by removing the base........well on the x52 it can.......................... but under warranty I would send it back .............. OH and MAKE THEM PAY THE POSTAGE

Shoop_da_whoop
06-01-2007, 03:41 PM
OOHH, heh, my bad. Right, well...
umm...
Yeah I don't know http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif
However since it is under warranty (one month because its refurbished), I might as well take my chance with that. Though you guys can understand how pissed off I am since I've been waiting for the stick for SOOOO long only to have it not work right.

I just figured that if its refurbished, it means that people returned the stick. If people returned this specific stick (the evo force), they probably returned it due to said problem... and then that could pretty much mean all the refurbished evo Forces being busted. Man do I hope I'm wrong http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif