PDA

View Full Version : Where to find RPM values needed with CEM and manual prop pitch

VinoV
11-11-2004, 06:18 AM
I haven't been able to find any plane-specific info in PF manuals about manual prop pitch / RPM values when CEM is turned on. In IL-2 FB they were in the "Advanced PDF manual". Is there something similar in PF that I just aven't been able to find?

A big thanks for replies in advance! This is a great and active forum for a great sim series.

-VinoV-

VinoV
11-11-2004, 06:18 AM
I haven't been able to find any plane-specific info in PF manuals about manual prop pitch / RPM values when CEM is turned on. In IL-2 FB they were in the "Advanced PDF manual". Is there something similar in PF that I just aven't been able to find?

A big thanks for replies in advance! This is a great and active forum for a great sim series.

-VinoV-

Maple_Tiger
11-11-2004, 07:20 AM
Most Alied aircraft used a Constant Speed Propeller system(CPS).

All you need to do, is use the Propeller Control to set the desired engine RPM. Then the propeller governor attempts to maintain the set RPM.

Most Alied aircraft did not have manual prop pitch, they used CPS.

Just set the RPM to where you want it, and the governor will automaticaly change the prop pitch to keep the set RPM.

For exmaple, you take off and climb to you'r desired altitude. You don't want to run you'r plane at combat RPM when there is no real need for it. Generaly, combat RPM is 3000 and cruise RPM is about 2700 or 2500 for the BF109.

Then you just reduse RPM to 2700, and you'r done. Usualy you reduce power to about 70 to 80%. You don't need to be exact. Not like you have manual prop. lol

VinoV
11-11-2004, 07:52 AM
Thanks very much for the answer, Maple_tiger. But what about Japanese planes, and possible expectations to CPS-equipped allied aircraft? Does someone have a list, even a partial one, of the types of props the aircraft of PF+IL2+AEP have (or even some statistics of combat/cruise RPM:s for different planes)?

The Advanced manual in IL-2FB was helpful, but even that didn't seem to have plane-specific info about the different prop types.

-VinoV-