PDA

View Full Version : Good books on airplane technical info... like engines and guns?

sledgehammer2
08-31-2005, 09:22 PM
Any suggestions on books that concentrate on the tech aspects of these machines, like the engines and armament? I know there is a wealth of operational histories out there and I enjoy reading all of them, but I want to increase my knowledge of the planes themselves.

I am talking about books like "America's Hundred Thousand" by Francis Dean, and the books like "The P-38" by Warren Bodie. Any suggestions would be appreciated. My interest is strictly WW2, and I would like to find books on US, Japanese, German, and British aircraft.

Thanks.
Sledgehammer2

sledgehammer2
08-31-2005, 09:22 PM
Any suggestions on books that concentrate on the tech aspects of these machines, like the engines and armament? I know there is a wealth of operational histories out there and I enjoy reading all of them, but I want to increase my knowledge of the planes themselves.

I am talking about books like "America's Hundred Thousand" by Francis Dean, and the books like "The P-38" by Warren Bodie. Any suggestions would be appreciated. My interest is strictly WW2, and I would like to find books on US, Japanese, German, and British aircraft.

Thanks.
Sledgehammer2

faustnik
08-31-2005, 09:28 PM
"Flying Guns of World War Two" is a great one. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif