PDA

View Full Version : TA 183 rocket guidence

J.M.LLOYD
10-26-2007, 01:08 AM
I know this has been posted many times, [had a search but cant find]I have just started flying "Burning Streak" and have moved onto the TA 183 and I'm not sure what to select for the guidence for the A/A missile, can you help,Cheers

J.M.LLOYD
10-26-2007, 01:08 AM
I know this has been posted many times, [had a search but cant find]I have just started flying "Burning Streak" and have moved onto the TA 183 and I'm not sure what to select for the guidence for the A/A missile, can you help,Cheers

FritzGryphon
10-26-2007, 01:26 AM
You'd use the bombsight controls for it.

Adjust bombsight left, adjust bombsight right, increase sight altitude, decrease sight altitude IIRC.

bhunter2112
10-26-2007, 01:30 AM
Use what is suggested in the readme.

Platypus_1.JaVA
10-26-2007, 02:23 PM
It is in the readme. I did som,e testing with the X4, there is no guidance, you'll have to steer them to the target yourself. I did some intercepts with these a while back, but the whole 1946 theme did not appeal to me and I haven't bothered with the fantasy jet's in a while now. But it is not easy to kill bombers with an X4 missile. You should try it sometimes.

Warrington_Wolf
10-26-2007, 02:34 PM
It should be pointed out that you can only guide one missile at a time. I say this because I tried guiding two missiles and accidently shot myself down with my own X-4 in the process (long story, but the moral is to read the manual before you try and use new weapons).

Jaws2002
10-26-2007, 02:43 PM
I put the controls for it on a hat on the X-45 stick that sits unused on my desk (i use the throttle together with CH gear). Is actually really easy to guide them and bombers are really easy targets.
Is best to fire them from further away (around 2-3km) so you have plenty time to guide them in.
You get best results with dead six shots and head-on, but with a little practice you can pop bombers from any angle. Just guide the missile so the lights are right on top of the bomber.
Let the proximity fise do the rest http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
shooting fighters is harder but they are awesome to shoot that plane that Z&B'd you and is pulling away thinking is safe. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Jaws2002
10-26-2007, 02:52 PM
One more thing. You don't use the controls like a plane controls. The missile has gyroscope and when you hold the key to go up, the missile will go up and not do loops. So is just simple up down right and left.
You can also use them really easy against ground targets.

mortoma
10-26-2007, 06:31 PM
I just downloaded 1946 but I don't have the readme for 1946!! It's a version patched up to 4.08m when you get it but they only have the 4.08m patch readme included, not the '46 one.

mbfRoy
10-26-2007, 07:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mortoma:
I just downloaded 1946 but I don't have the readme for 1946!! It's a version patched up to 4.08m when you get it but they only have the 4.08m patch readme included, not the '46 one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
check the PDF