PDA

View Full Version : cant fly IL2/PF after install Patch?huh? grn lt just blinks...

Enforcer572005
02-11-2006, 05:32 PM
ok, ive not seen any threads on this....i cant fly any more. it jsut looks at me and i get a green blinking lt a couple of times, and it jsut sits there. When i first tried to click on the shortcut, the first frame ofthe japanese carrier sailing into the sunset comes up, then locks up, and i have to rt click and click close....then i get the dreaded "program not responding" box, so i click to end it and report to ms blah blah.

Now when i cant fly at all. I open the cd tray, thjen close it and i get the pf screen that gives the options of what to do, so i hit Play, but nothing happens. Nothing.

this jsut started after i installed the new patch . Any ideas?

I saw in the readme some incredibly ambiguous instructions on replaceing a file if you have a pentium 4, but it didnt say from where to where, and it said to do so to prevent ctd. Well it was rather confusing as to where you located these files so i didnt....

I have a p4 3.o4 gig Processor, and have had little problem before, just an occaisonal ctd, but its not crashing, it just wont play.

Any Ideas? Also, my computer seems to be running alot slower, especially when online on the dsl connection. It took forever for this forum to come up, though i hope that is not related. Never encountered this before.

EDIT...now it says that il2exe failed to initialize properly.....After i posted this, while i was posting this. No, i didnt try to fly it anymore, it just popped up this box outa the blue rt after i posted this thread. I hve no idea what the blazes is going on.

Enforcer572005
02-11-2006, 05:32 PM
ok, ive not seen any threads on this....i cant fly any more. it jsut looks at me and i get a green blinking lt a couple of times, and it jsut sits there. When i first tried to click on the shortcut, the first frame ofthe japanese carrier sailing into the sunset comes up, then locks up, and i have to rt click and click close....then i get the dreaded "program not responding" box, so i click to end it and report to ms blah blah.

Now when i cant fly at all. I open the cd tray, thjen close it and i get the pf screen that gives the options of what to do, so i hit Play, but nothing happens. Nothing.

this jsut started after i installed the new patch . Any ideas?

I saw in the readme some incredibly ambiguous instructions on replaceing a file if you have a pentium 4, but it didnt say from where to where, and it said to do so to prevent ctd. Well it was rather confusing as to where you located these files so i didnt....

I have a p4 3.o4 gig Processor, and have had little problem before, just an occaisonal ctd, but its not crashing, it just wont play.

Any Ideas? Also, my computer seems to be running alot slower, especially when online on the dsl connection. It took forever for this forum to come up, though i hope that is not related. Never encountered this before.

EDIT...now it says that il2exe failed to initialize properly.....After i posted this, while i was posting this. No, i didnt try to fly it anymore, it just popped up this box outa the blue rt after i posted this thread. I hve no idea what the blazes is going on.

Saunders1953
02-11-2006, 07:12 PM
Carl, sorry for the basic questions, but do you have the correct patch for your set up--you know, merged/unmerged and that sort of thing?

Maybe just download a new patch and try it again?

As for those ambiguous instructions about the dll files....looks like you and me are the only ones who didn't follow what they were trying to say:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/9091070014

Wish I could help you out more (but I did follow my interpretation of the dll instructions in the link above, and everything seems to be working fine).

Enforcer572005
02-11-2006, 07:29 PM
yup, i got the merged one, and it wasnt that hard to do. I mean i just didnt do the thing wiht the files that it said you may have to do if you have a p4. truly strange. ill try and review a bit more when i hvae time tomorow. thanks.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Enforcer572005
02-11-2006, 09:11 PM
ok, i got it to working....that dll thingy does need changing....i thought it was a suggestion, not an instruction. sheeesh.

Achilles_NZ
02-12-2006, 04:08 AM
Glad you got it sorted mate... errors like that give me the sheeits as your never sure if a reinstall is in order http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif