PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

WhiteKnight77
01-08-2009, 11:44 PM
I have been flying iL2 and FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters for some years now with an rather old PC on XP and had no problems. I bought iL2 1946 over a year ago though haven't installed it. My question is, I will be getting a Falcon Northwest Mach V (at least a bang for the buck model) soon and will most likely have a i7 Core chip and some 12 GB of RAM. I am not sure what video card I am going with, but this comes with Vista Ultimate 64 and I am wondering if these games (or at least 1946) will run on a 64 bit OS?

If they will not run, do I need DOSbox to run them? I really want to be able to play these games again (and maybe finish a campaign at least once).

WhiteKnight77
01-08-2009, 11:44 PM
I have been flying iL2 and FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters for some years now with an rather old PC on XP and had no problems. I bought iL2 1946 over a year ago though haven't installed it. My question is, I will be getting a Falcon Northwest Mach V (at least a bang for the buck model) soon and will most likely have a i7 Core chip and some 12 GB of RAM. I am not sure what video card I am going with, but this comes with Vista Ultimate 64 and I am wondering if these games (or at least 1946) will run on a 64 bit OS?

If they will not run, do I need DOSbox to run them? I really want to be able to play these games again (and maybe finish a campaign at least once).

FoolTrottel
01-09-2009, 02:30 AM
1946 will run on Vista 64 bit.

See here: Vista Home Premium x64 and 1946 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/49310655/m/1921070116)

WhiteKnight77
01-09-2009, 10:49 AM
Thank you. At least I know I can play in Vista now.

Zeus-cat
01-09-2009, 03:36 PM
You should be able to run 1946 on a machine that runs any of the IL-2 series. The demands on the PC have not changed much as the series progressed. You will have problems with the larger maps and maps loaded with objects, but this is a problem for all versions of the game. If you don't have your new machine yet load 1946 on your old one.

WhiteKnight77
01-10-2009, 12:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zeus-cat:
You should be able to run 1946 on a machine that runs any of the IL-2 series. The demands on the PC have not changed much as the series progressed. You will have problems with the larger maps and maps loaded with objects, but this is a problem for all versions of the game. If you don't have your new machine yet load 1946 on your old one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I know my old rig will run it, but it has a slight overheating problem along with the fact it is showing it's age and a good AGP card is hard to come by nowadays. As it is, I am not even able to use it, just my laptop. There is nothing wrong with my desktop, I am just not located where it is at at this time and have no idea when I will get back to where it is located.

Next to my registration date, my location used to say, where ever my job takes me.

WhiteKnight77
01-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Man the forums were acting up again this morning. Tried to post the above reply and it never showed that it posted. I tried posting it 3 times. After reading a few other posts I finally got an error page.

Typical Ubi. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif