PDA

View Full Version : Need help, just bought Pacific Fighters...

Noodle4u
01-04-2005, 10:32 AM
I need help, I just bought Pacific Fighters and have not played any of the earlier games before this one. What I need help with is finding a good site or documentaion on how to use the bombers in this game. I bought this game mainly to be a bomber pilot but the manual has absolutely nothing in it on how to use bomber and there is no training missions covering bombers! Any help would be greatly apreciated, thank you.

Noodle4u
01-04-2005, 10:32 AM
I need help, I just bought Pacific Fighters and have not played any of the earlier games before this one. What I need help with is finding a good site or documentaion on how to use the bombers in this game. I bought this game mainly to be a bomber pilot but the manual has absolutely nothing in it on how to use bomber and there is no training missions covering bombers! Any help would be greatly apreciated, thank you.

Zeus-cat
01-04-2005, 10:36 AM
Search for help in this forum on the He-111. It has the same bombsight as the B-25. Someone did a good guide on level bombing with the He-111 and it should be exactly what you are lookin for.

In addition, look for recent forum discussions on trimming the He-111 or B-25. I saw one just a few days ago and should also be helpful.

Some of the info you are looking for is probably linked to in one of the stickies at the top of the first page on each forum.

Sorry that I can't be more specific, but I am at work and I think my boss is coming!

Zeus-cat

Zeus-cat
01-04-2005, 10:42 AM
Dodged the boss. Check out this link for bombing guides.

http://www.airwarfare.com/guides.htm

Zeus-cat

Taylortony
01-04-2005, 11:19 AM
Welcome aboard http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif BTW If you add the IL2 forgotten battles and the aces add on then put PFighters over that as a combined game, you will get the likes of a Stuka and HE111 etc as well.
I have seen both of these together for under 20.00
The new up and coming patch should also give you the missing Japanese Dinah bomber too

Noodle4u
01-04-2005, 11:46 AM
Thanks gents!

AWL_Spinner
01-04-2005, 12:57 PM
If you'd like, read my post (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=26310365&m=9011080062) in response to someone asking about the B25 in the Pacific Fighters forum, I've just detailed the process (in brief).

Some excellent guides on that link above or I've one of my own if you'd like me to send it to you.

Cheers!

Spinner

Troll2k
01-04-2005, 02:16 PM
Why does a German bomber(HE-111) and an American bomber(B-25) have the same bombsight?

Bearcat99
01-04-2005, 02:39 PM
LOL.. I was thinking that too......

Welcome aboard Noodle... get the FB Aces GOLD pack ASAP. You wont be sorry. You may be a little disapointed though as of right now there are only a few flyable medium bombers in the sim..... and fighter bombers.... but it is still a good product though.. one that will give you hours of fun.

Copperhead310th
01-04-2005, 03:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Troll2k:
Why does a German bomber(HE-111) and an American bomber(B-25) have the same bombsight? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Talk to Oleg. all i can say there. I'm sure that the Norden Bomb Sight had a much differant view than that of the He-111. and with out bias i would think that the Nrodan would be far more accuratte and advanced than the He-111 sight.

Bearcat99
01-05-2005, 07:56 AM
I think the Norden sight was on B-29s wasnt it? Im not sure if it was on B-17s or B-25s. I dont think so.. maybe later B-17s... I could be wrong.

FluffyDucks
01-05-2005, 08:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Copperhead310th:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Troll2k:
Why does a German bomber(HE-111) and an American bomber(B-25) have the same bombsight? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Talk to Oleg. all i can say there. I'm sure that the Norden Bomb Sight had a much differant view than that of the He-111. and with out bias i would think that the Nrodan would be far more accuratte and advanced than the He-111 sight. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am sure that when someone says "without bias", thats EXACTLY what they do have.
Would you care please to explain EXACTLY on what basis you make that statement?

PBNA-Boosher
01-05-2005, 08:18 AM
Congrats and welcome to the community! This game is like becoming a US State. Once you get in, you can't get back out!

willyvic
01-05-2005, 09:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FluffyDucks:

I am sure that when someone says "without bias", thats EXACTLY what they do have.
Would you care please to explain EXACTLY on what basis you make that statement? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not called for. Take a back seat a learn the etiquette of the boards bro.

Arrrrgh, there goes my New Years resolution.

WV

Bearcat99
01-05-2005, 09:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FluffyDucks:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Copperhead310th:

Talk to Oleg. all i can say there. I'm sure that the Norden Bomb Sight had a much differant view than that of the He-111. and with out bias i would think that the Nrodan would be far more accuratte and advanced than the He-111 sight. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would you care please to explain EXACTLY on what basis you make that statement? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What in the world are you talking about...... ? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

FluffyDucks
01-05-2005, 09:40 AM
Copperhead said:

"with out bias i would think that the Nrodan would be far more accuratte and advanced than the He-111 sight."

I am asking him to explain how he reached that assumption?
What evidence did he use, and what references? Because if he has neither his comment is useless and BIASED.
How do we know that the He-111 sight wasn't SUPERIOR to the allied one (after all German Optics WERE superb at this time).
We do know that allied bommbing was considered accurate if the bomb fell within 5 miles of the target...so acccuracy is VERY subjective.

I know NOTHING about bomber sights (as I suspect Mr copperhead does too), I cant for the life of me understand why ANYONE would make such a nonsensical statement without references.

@ WILLYVIC Are you a mod or an admin? if not, please don't teach me to suck eggs, or tell me how or when to post. I will post as I please, where I please within forum rules.. Get yourself some manners and mind yor own business, thank you and have nice day, or you could join your pal I suppose...

midgie
01-05-2005, 09:51 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Troll2k:
Why does a German bomber(HE-111) and an American bomber(B-25) have the same bombsight?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I remember corectly the Germans got the design for the bombsight from a spy network (the Ritter Ring)they got the plans through a German-American working for Norden about 1937 and a working sight in 1939.

FluffyDucks
01-05-2005, 11:16 AM
Okay I got some links for you people:

http://www.twinbeech.com/norden_bombsight.htm
http://www.twinbeech.com/norden_bombsight.htm
http://rhinobytes.com/haze/norden.html

Some of them are highly sceptical of the accuracy of the Norden, of course that is all subjective, as we dont (yet) have any evidence of the accuracy of the equivalent Axis devices.
(apparently the LW never used the stolen Norden bombsight data for operational use).

flyingscampi
01-05-2005, 12:08 PM
@noodle

Please don't be alarmed at the developing flame war about who had the best bombsight in WWII.

This sort of thing happens all the time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BSS_Goat
01-05-2005, 12:57 PM
Thats the way to make some friends guys....keep it up. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

FluffyDucks
01-05-2005, 01:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by flyingscampi:
@noodle

Please don't be alarmed at the developing flame war about who had the best bombsight in WWII.

This sort of thing happens all the time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm...Ive looked but can't find anywhere on this thread that someone is arguing about best bombsights.

Has that post been deleted??

Only argument I can see is my own challenging the irresponsible, unresearched and unreliable comments.
Edit: Name removed as that poster is apparently "on administrative leave".

I personally know NOTHING about bombsights, but I do know that unfounded and ignorant comments, that have no basis in fact or reality, have no place in a thread where a fellow simmer is asking about technical details.

Noodles: Have you checked the .pdf Manual files that are in your PF folder? Im pretty sure there will be more instructions in those manuals.

_VR_ScorpionWorm
01-05-2005, 02:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bearcat99:
I think the Norden sight was on B-29s wasnt it? Im not sure if it was on B-17s or B-25s. I dont think so.. maybe later B-17s... I could be wrong. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im not sure what model they started to appeared on the B-17, but they did have them. The B-25 I suspect would have them as well. I can do a search and try to find out when they where fitted to the bombers.

_VR_ScorpionWorm
01-05-2005, 02:24 PM
Well they did appear on the very first production B-17 so its safe to say they made their way onto the B-25. Here is a link to a page about the B-17B.

http://home.att.net/~jbaugher2/b17_4.html

willyvic
01-05-2005, 02:37 PM
@ WILLYVIC Are you a mod or an admin? if not, please don't teach me to suck eggs, or tell me how or when to post. I will post as I please, where I please within forum rules.. Get yourself some manners and mind yor own business, thank you and have nice day, or you could join your pal I suppose... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, not an admin or mod. Just a guy who gets tired of the inordinate amount of ill-mannered individuals who "bait" people. First appearances and all. I had an opinion, you had an opinion. This is my second opinion. You are welcome to your second. After that, I am satisfied to drop the thing.

To the original poster, sorry about the mini hijack.

Respectfully,
WV

FluffyDucks
01-05-2005, 03:07 PM
A gentlemanly, mature, and articulate answer, with which I have no problems.