PDA

View Full Version : New obejcts in 4.09

Alloy007P
07-01-2007, 11:04 AM
I came across something saying that there will be over 130 new objects added i 4.09, is that true? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/archive/index.php/t-40844.html

Alloy007P
07-01-2007, 11:04 AM
I came across something saying that there will be over 130 new objects added i 4.09, is that true? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/archive/index.php/t-40844.html

VW-IceFire
07-01-2007, 11:20 AM
Probably. We'll see when 4.09 comes out. There will probably be new maps too.

Scorpion.233
07-01-2007, 12:41 PM
And what's up with those new community made planes? Are there any planes in IL2 right now that are community made?

Skycat_2
07-01-2007, 08:42 PM
I think that it is a fair guess that the 4.09 patch will be released when the Slovakia map is ready. My guess is that the many WIP ground objects that have been shown by the team -- everything from castles to clotheslines and field kitchens to footsoldiers -- is easily 100+ new objects. For more information, check the "Slovakia map announced" thread in the Oleg's Ready Room forum.

Skycat_2
07-01-2007, 08:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scorpion.233:
Are there any planes in IL2 right now that are community made? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes. Probably most of your favorites, as a matter of fact. Many were submitted to 1C:MG in the early days by modellers who simply wanted to see a particular plane in the game. Others were contracted by Russian Rocket Group for addons like Pacific Fighters and '46.

I've heard rumors that there are two or three planes 'in the vaults' that were submitted a couple of years ago and may see the light with the upcoming Slovakia map. Take that as just rumor and hopeful wishing though, despite old WIP renders floating around.

VW-IceFire
07-01-2007, 10:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scorpion.233:
And what's up with those new community made planes? Are there any planes in IL2 right now that are community made? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Mmmm...all of the Spitfires...most of the USN aircraft...the P-38, P-47, P-63, Tempest...the list goes on and on. Gibbage, who sometimes posts here, accounts for something like a 1/4th of all of the community made planes with everything from the Spitfire V and IX to the P-38 to the P-63 to the Go-229 being something he did.

knightflyte
07-01-2007, 11:21 PM
Sadly gibbages PBY never made it past AI plane. He's explained why, but I still would love to fly one.

Copperhead310th
07-01-2007, 11:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by knightflyte:
Sadly gibbages PBY never made it past AI plane. He's explained why, but I still would love to fly one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL YEAH TELL ME ABOUT IT. heY gIBBAGE! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gifI WANT MY 5 BUCKS BACK DAMN IT!. LOL jk. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

But sriously. my main concern with the SoW serries and the tools that are comming. That the comunity will loose a of stuff that we would normally get for free. I love our 3rd pARTY MODLERS. THEY WORK HARD..and mostly for free. it's a lot of work, time and monsey on thier parts to bring new aorcraft into the sim. Also our guys like Aces, & Uberdemon who do our 3rd pary programs. My fear is that we'll see rmapnt pay for add ons here like they do in CFS & FSX. (ie FIREPOWER) not to be a chepa *** but i really don't want to have to start paying for all the things i've always gotten for free from the comunity. Nor would i expect anyone to pay for anything i contribute. (unless it's aproved by Oleg and shiped on the CD)

I can easliy see ppl charging for new maps, and planes they way some @ssholes have done in the past with those worthless Skin & Mission packs. (BoE excluded) I think the tools are a great idea. But unless Oleg regulates it....Well unless it says 1C:Maddox on it i ain't buying it.

ake109
07-02-2007, 12:19 AM
Sorry for being nooby but I thought the developer has stopped all work on IL2.

Who is working on 4.09 then?

FritzGryphon
07-02-2007, 01:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">CFS & FSX. (ie FIREPOWER) not to be a chepa *** but i really don't want to have to start paying for all the things i've always gotten for free from the comunity. Nor would i expect anyone to pay for anything i contribute. (unless it's aproved by Oleg and shiped on the CD) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have the same concerns, but I trust that MG will keep tight controls on the official SoW game. Centralized game versions have worked spectacularly so far, and there's no reason to change.

Oleg seems to have made it clear that mod tools will be included purely for testing purposes, to streamline the production of 3rd party material for official addons. It'll mean less work for MG if newbie modelers can bug test their own meshes.

WOLFMondo
07-02-2007, 03:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Copperhead310th:

I can easliy see ppl charging for new maps, and planes they way some @ssholes have done in the past with those worthless Skin & Mission packs. (BoE excluded) I think the tools are a great idea. But unless Oleg regulates it....Well unless it says 1C:Maddox on it i ain't buying it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm the same way but Oleg has said there will be the 'official' SoW content releases and the good stuff people make will be entered into that.

Copperhead310th
07-02-2007, 07:17 PM
well in a way i'm kinda looking forward to the tools. you guys remember all the regimental packs i did for FB & PF that they "Never had time to program" 4 patches ago? would be nice if i could just baypss MG all together. Oleg aproved them but never implemented them that was a lot of work on mine & Dizz's part that will never fully get enjoyed by the community.
but like i said my fear is that some of our modlers will start seeing Green in place of pixels.

fabianfred
07-02-2007, 08:04 PM
I just wish they would put a 'Time-out' for the Fires and Smoke to be able to start after the mission has begun..........

surely not too difficult... all the artillery have it

zardozid
07-03-2007, 03:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sadly gibbages PBY never made it past AI plane. He's explained why, but I still would love to fly one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

PBY would be very cool...too bad. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

SeaFireLIV
07-03-2007, 05:00 AM
Is there any actual evidence of a 4.09? Guess I must be outta the loopcos I never heard about this.

I see in the thread it says, `It`s confirmed`., but then I could `confirm` that pigs fly backwards too.