PDA

View Full Version : Colonel Damir P.Fillen

DIRTY-MAC
11-12-2004, 03:10 AM
Hi
Im inviting you to the UBI forums http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
so you maybe can help us sorten out some question
we all have about the handling of some birds
in PF

This guy has flown alot of different WWII warbirds
I was thinking that you could post questions here fore him

Here is what he wrote on the simhq:

Military regards!

I´m just coming from the EAW forum, and as I just purchased PF, here I am!

For EAW I was one of the many skinners, and hope to start very soon to do the same for PF.

My father was a USAAF fighter pilot during WW2, and many years later he was a member of the Confederate Air Force, recently renamed as Commemorative Air Force.

I´m 41, and during the ´80s and ´90s had the opportunity to fly many of the CAF´s warbirds.
So I really can give some input about the `FM´ differences between the sim plane behavior and the real thing. I flew for real the P-47D, P-51D, P-38L, F6F Hellcat, F4U Corsair, Spitfire Mk VIII and IX, the Wildcat, Hurricane, P-40E and N, Merlin powered Bf 109 (Buchon-spanish production), and , in two occasions, the only A6M Zero in flyable conditions in the world.

I can say that, in PF, the Flight Modes are quite well done, but are still not 100% accurate.

One example, of wich I already conversed with my great friend Claudio Wilches only few days ago, is the torque effect on the P-38 Lightning. The real aircraft did not experienced any torque when the two engines were running at the same rating. So this is an imperfection to be worked out in the game.
I have purchased PF about a week ago, and still lacking any add-on patch, but can say that the game is top quality and deserves a lot of attention for future developement, not only from the producer, but from us all, as it was done, and still is done, for EAW, wich become, thanks the efforts of many users, a totally new and better game if compared with the first stock version.
So, Il2 with add-ons, and Pacific Fighters are worth our efforts to make them even better.
Here I am, not only to enjoy the game, but to offer my collaboration, and of course hoping to have yours.

Salute!

--------------------
Col. Damir P. Fillen

DIRTY-MAC
11-12-2004, 07:30 AM
there is a big discussion regarding the
Wildcats performance in PF at the moment
what do you think of the PF flightmodel for it?

LilHorse
11-12-2004, 12:20 PM
I'd be interested in anything more this guy might have to say. Please post further questions/ answers. TY.